Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MFA Junior Champions Cup 2011/12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Ya I agree with you,would make a lot of sense to have 16 teams,and the mj winners,teams could win the mj and not win their league and would not qualify.just like St michaels,I know you could have the scenario of mj winners also winning their league but surely their is a way round it,maybe the runners up in the top leagues,ie limerick,tsdl,waterford,cork aul,just wait now for the Clare and Desmond league boys attack,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    agree in principle with you, Boywonder, but it is a 'champions league' cup, therefore opening other doors, i.e. runners-up etc could see it turn into another Munster Junior Cup. I agree wholeheartedly the Munster Junior Cup winners should be included, after all they are champions of Munster. I think there is a general concensus out there for their inclusion. I don't think the rules are yet in stone so maybe MFA will consider it. St.Michaels would be a huge addition. Perhaps Saints should make their own case. I spoke to a few of them during the week and they seem resigned to the fact they will not be included. What would be wrong with the first round comprising of five games and three byes.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Na michaels didn't win their respective league so don't deserve to be in it whether they won the munster junior cup or not

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limkdesmond View Post
    Na michaels didn't win their respective league so don't deserve to be in it whether they won the munster junior cup or not
    I agree great team but if cup is for league winners then that's that.. Even if they could possibly win it..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ya spot on..deadly team and Great facilities but it's for the winners of their leagues and michaels didn't win their league so don't deserve to be in it..pity tho

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I think the cup is being set up to cater for those junior clubs that previously qualified for the Munster Senior Cup.
    I think the MFA don't want teams playing in the Munster Senior and Junior Cups in the same year.

Up to now, did winning the MJCup qualify you for the Munster Senior Cup in the following year???
    If so then they would have a good case for entry in my book.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Yea probably correct - its for league winners. From what I hear that is St.Michaels view as well and they are not particularly interested in getting in the ''back door.'' Clonmel Town will be worthy representatives for TSDL.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i would think st michaels would be very interested in entering it alot of the posters above seem to think it wont be the same without michaels in it which is probably true but clonmel town are league champions in tsdl. fairview rangers would not be in the competition either and they are a massive club but pike are league winners in limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nononsense View Post
    Yea probably correct - its for league winners. From what I hear that is St.Michaels view as well and they are not particularly interested in getting in the ''back door.'' Clonmel Town will be worthy representatives for TSDL.
    no case for entry.there can be only one winner of the league and that was clonmel.if the cup is for league winners only than that should be that and thats not disrespecting michaels but they are not league winners.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    If Michaels are not in it, it will make it slightly easier for those already in.
    I'm sure that they would be better than some already qualified.

I'm looking forward to this competition in the new season.
    No messing about playing weak teams in the early rounds - "it's straight in, no kissin" with this new cup
    Last edited by Shilts; 08/06/2011 at 2:24 PM.

Formerly: vidic-class
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by are you serious View Post
    This needs to be structured correctly tho. The draw needs to be done fairly soon, with the draw for every round being made at the start. They also need to define exact dates for the games, not week ending etc... If this is going to be played pre season, and isn't structured properly, it could cause havoc. And if this happens and the tournament gets a bad name early on it'll never take off. The need to add 4 to make it 16. It's quite simple to do. 12 league winners + MJ winners - if the MJ winners are one of the 12 league winners, then the 4 runners up in Limerick TSDL Waterford and Cork. If the MJ winners aren't they qualify as their leagues team, or second place team if necessary. So basically this years would consist of the 12 league winners, St Micks taking the second TSDL place, and the runners up in Limerick Waterford and Cork
    Agree with you on the draw and that but not on making it a 16 team competition. 12 League Winners and that's that. They cannot go adding in 4 runners-up teams and the MJ Cup winners. That is totally unfair on the runners-ups from all the other leagues. The MJ Cup Champions St. Mick's didn't win their league so hard luck they shouldn't be in it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBassett View Post
    Agree with you on the draw and that but not on making it a 16 team competition. 12 League Winners and that's that. They cannot go adding in 4 runners-up teams and the MJ Cup winners. That is totally unfair on the runners-ups from all the other leagues. The MJ Cup Champions St. Mick's didn't win their league so hard luck they shouldn't be in it
    Correct. Let it be 12 teams. For the record, St.Michaels are not making any case to get into it and are not interested in inclusion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]MUNSTER FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]LEAGUE CHAMPIONS TROPHY[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Season 2011-12[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1st Round[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Clonmel Town (TSDL) v Newmarket Celtic (Clare)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Killarney Celtic or St Brendan's Park (Kerry) v Nenagh AFC (North Tipp)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Kinsale (Cork AUL) v Douglas Hall (MSL)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Abbeyfeale Utd (L'rick Desmond) v Bunratty Utd (West Cork)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2nd Round[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Tile King (Cork B&S) v Kinsale or Douglas Hall[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Inch Utd (West W'ford/East Cork) v Carrick Utd (Waterford)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Pike Rvs (Limerick District) v Abbeyfeale Utd or Bunratty Utd[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Clonmel Town or Newmarket Celtic v Killarney Celtic or St Brendan's Park or Nenagh AFC[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1st Round games to take place on or before 10th/11th September 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2nd Round games to take place on or before 8th/9th October 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Semi-Final games on or before 12th/13th November 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Final on or before 3rd /4th December 2011.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Here is the draw lads, good to see there running it off fairly fast.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]MUNSTER FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]LEAGUE CHAMPIONS TROPHY[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Season 2011-12[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1st Round[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Clonmel Town (TSDL) v Newmarket Celtic (Clare)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Killarney Celtic or St Brendan's Park (Kerry) v Nenagh AFC (North Tipp)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Kinsale (Cork AUL) v Douglas Hall (MSL)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Abbeyfeale Utd (L'rick Desmond) v Bunratty Utd (West Cork)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2nd Round[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Tile King (Cork B&S) v Kinsale or Douglas Hall[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Inch Utd (West W'ford/East Cork) v Carrick Utd (Waterford)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Pike Rvs (Limerick District) v Abbeyfeale Utd or Bunratty Utd[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Clonmel Town or Newmarket Celtic v Killarney Celtic or St Brendan's Park or Nenagh AFC[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1st Round games to take place on or before 10th/11th September 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]2nd Round games to take place on or before 8th/9th October 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Semi-Final games on or before 12th/13th November 2011[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Final on or before 3rd /4th December 2011.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Kinsale, Carrick, Pike and Clonmel Town in semi's for me. Could be interesting from thier on in!
    Carrick United:
    Munster Junior Cup Champions 04,10 & 15, Munster Senior Cup Champions 2011, FAI Juinor Cup Champions 2008
    12 x Waterford Premier League Champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Bit easier to read

MUNSTER FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
    LEAGUE CHAMPIONS TROPHY 1st Round

Clonmel Town (TSDL)v Newmarket Celtic Clare)

Killarney Celtic or St Brendan's Park Kerry) v Nenagh AFC (North Tipp)

Kinsale (Cork AUL) v Douglas Hall (MSL)

Abbeyfeale Utd (L'rick Desmond) v Bunratty Utd (West Cork)

2nd Round

Tile King (Cork B&S) v Kinsale or Douglas Hall

Inch Utd (West W'ford/East Cork) v Carrick Utd (Waterford)

Pike Rvs (Limerick District) v Abbeyfeale Utd or Bunratty Utd

Clonmel Town or Newmarket Celtic v Killarney Celtic or St Brendan's Park or Nenagh AFC

1st Round games to take place on or before 10th/11th September 2011
    2nd Round games to take place on or before 8th/9th October 2011
    Semi-Final games on or before 12th/13th November 2011
    Final on or before 3rd /4th December 2011

Is it just me.....but right back seems oddly familar to someone i know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    How is bunratty and Newmarket from Clare in it,both in same league????

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    bunratty are from cork lad
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    How are Killarney and st brendans park in it.. Both Kerry league

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    league title for this season has not been decided yet in kerry so its either killarney or brendans playing next year in competition. i think they are playing deciding fixture this weekend so league winner will be known then
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast