Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New season ticket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    But what about those who have pre purchased tickets for this entire campaign? This happens when the last ticket was launched and now its happening again.
    you couldnt pre purchase for the whole campaign, only a season at a time.
    in fairness to the FAI they did not have to give a rebate to those that got tickets early and paid full whack but they did. i think they have handled the whole ticket thing well after early teething problems.

sure a semi decent ticket for the rugby wc warm up matches in august is €50, almost twice the cost of an FAI one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    You could with your club though...
    I'll check it out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I see the hard sell continues regarding Season Tickets and the deadline is extended again to the 19th July, I have no problem with people purchasing Season Tickets but I have a block booking of 6 and therefore some of the guys don't want to take part and I will continue to pay invoice by invoice

I was there slightly offended to read the below quote in an email from the FAI
    "Due to high demand from new customers if you do not renew before this date, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to retain or change your existing seats."

Usually seats assigned at the start of the campaign remain the same throughout it and I would be seriously ****ed off to be moved at this stage for new people especially since I kept the block booking at the full 6 even for the Carling Nations Cup.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Has anyones account been debited for these yet?

I renewed over the phone, and she said she had all my details so didn't give a credit card number. Money hasn't come out of the account yet, and I am thinking of changing my mind on renewal, so hoping they have messed up and don't have my details!
    UCD sha-la-la

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cullenswood View Post
    Has anyones account been debited for these yet?

I renewed over the phone, and she said she had all my details so didn't give a credit card number. Money hasn't come out of the account yet, and I am thinking of changing my mind on renewal, so hoping they have messed up and don't have my details!
    I've had money taken off alright

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Got a shout last night from the ticket office asking would I be interested. I explained that I would be except I have the last 2 home games purchased through Shelbourne so what can be done about that. Nothing I was told.. So I'm in a quandary... Reckon I'll just get the season ticket and give the spares to mates or whoever wants them.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    if ya remember they kept selling the season tickets throughout the last campaign, game after game, so dont c y ya wont be able to avail of that???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Yeah that is the case but if we make it to the play offs demand could screw me over. Again. Then there's the Croatia game as well. We shall see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I was a waiting lister who took up 2 season tickets when they introduced them, and was delighted to accept the offer. Season tickets were, of course, operable under another name in previous campaigns given the FAI were offering tickets to waiting listers provided they buy tickets for friendlies as well as competitive matches. I struggled with this, given my 'block booker' mates have been excused from purchasing tickets for recent friendlies, but that's the pecking order I suppose.

Me & my mate were divided this year. He wanted to take up the season tickets, and I reckoned we'd get tickets game by game given the drop in demand. We bought the tickets in the end (account has been debited by FAI) more in the hope that it will benefit us in the event of increased demand in the future. That's the game, I suppose.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Seems to be still available online too. I just logged in yesterday and went for the season ticket option and it went through ok. So much for closing dates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I've opted out this year. Baby due in October so I didn't even ask for permission this season haha! It's gonna be strange not flying to Dublin.....if we qualify then I think it would be a brilliant away trip for a 9 month old next year in Poland/Ukraine!!!
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    3 season tickets arrived this morning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    I had 4 season tickets in Row T in Block 528 (so basically in the top corner of the stadium). Mailed the FAI telling them one of our 4 would not renew as the seats were so bad and that we wanted to be moved to better seats before we paid up. Got a call from someone in the ticket office who basically told me just to pay up and they would sort it out seating later on. He was very ignorant about it all. Got my tickets last night. Was in Row T in Block 528. Now moved to Row BB in Block 528. Further back up in the top corner of the stadium.

IDIOTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    I had 4 season tickets in Row T in Block 528 (so basically in the top corner of the stadium). Mailed the FAI telling them one of our 4 would not renew as the seats were so bad and that we wanted to be moved to better seats before we paid up. Got a call from someone in the ticket office who basically told me just to pay up and they would sort it out seating later on. He was very ignorant about it all. Got my tickets last night. Was in Row T in Block 528. Now moved to Row BB in Block 528. Further back up in the top corner of the stadium.

IDIOTS
    ring the main switch and ask to speak to someone direct in the ticket office. do not allow them just put you through to the office generally as you will just get a full voicemail box. when you get to speak to someone they will sort for you. aware of others with similar issues to you

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post

IDIOTS
    Made a similar request to them and exactly the same has happened to them. Have gone back to them via email and more or less told them that unless they try accommodate my request that I will cancel season tickets in future, can get better tickets on ticketmaster and can pick and choose games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    why cant they use something like this as being used to sell the rugby matches...

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180...minorcatid=225

can pick exactly the seat you want

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Like stutts i see the FAI as one of a few designated charities I give to.

I'm happy to just pay for the season ticket. They certainly need the money in these times.

I have also found that you can generally sort stuff out in email. Initially they fobbed me off in person(with regard to where my seats were) but now i just keep replying to the same person from an email trail that goes over about 5 or 6 years. I'm sure it helps.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Like stutts i see the FAI as one of a few designated charities I give to.

I'm happy to just pay for the season ticket. They certainly need the money in these times.

I have also found that you can generally sort stuff out in email. Initially they fobbed me off in person(with regard to where my seats were) but now i just keep replying to the same person from an email trail that goes over about 5 or 6 years. I'm sure it helps.
    I've sent them 2 e-mails that they have refused to reply to. I'm only dealing with them via e-mail so I have something in them from writing

I've heard of another group who were in the Gods in the upper tier so when they were renewing paid for seats in the lower tier (more expensive obviously). When the tickets arrived they too were put further back in the upper tier despite not even paying for that section

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I've had a similar experience. Last year had CAT "B" season ticket seated - "upgraded to CAT "A" and have ended ip in the same stand and about 20 rows further back.

I'd love to know who's supposed to be snapping up the "good" seats given that sales are way down and still falling.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    For friendlies, all season tickets should be in the lower tier, at the cost of upper tier. At least it would look better as much as anything. Administratively might not be ideal i acknowledge.

I too see the FAI as almost like a charity that I want to support. Although when I see JD's wages, it makes me wonder.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast