Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Tall Boats thingy

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Tall Boats thingy

The outlaw's have suggested a family weekend away for the Tall Ships, which happens to be when we're due to play ye - Is the game likely to stay the Friday night or be moved to the Sunday. Town away win followed by the Waterboys wouldn't be a bad night...

I haven't mentioned the happy coincidence, so before dates are muted do i suggest a Friday to Sunday trip or a Saturday to Monday?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Just saw this now. I would the match will stay on Friday. There's been no mention of a change here. Six years ago, when the Tall Ships last visited, it nearly broke the club. Every business had its sponsorship tied up with Tall Ships. There wasn't a penny to be got and the Blues were in dire straits. We had a home game against UCD scheduled for the Friday. Then they moved it to Sunday to avoid some of the festivities, then back to Saturday (possibly to avoid clashing with hurling if I recall). Anyway, there were about 200 people at the UCD match on Saturday evening (think it finished 0-0 appropriately enough). Club was at a very low ebb. I doubt there'll be any move around the festivities this time. Just try to get our normal Friday night attendance. Should be a good buzz around though so well worth a visit.