Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Pats game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pats game

Pats are finding form,then again they have played drogheda and galway.
    I thhink theyre beatable if we play with the sq#ame comitment and take our chances.
    my preicition 2-2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Tough one to predict. I think we've only conceded 2 goals in 5 games so not sure if they'll score 2, also not sure if we'll score 2 either. I think we are both capable of winning this one. But as always hope we win and would like to see jake get one from open play.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Live in England so this is the first match of the season for me tonight. Looking forward to it, and will be happy with a repeat of the 3-2 victory at theirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Really hope Bray win tonight, can't make the match going to punchestown. Bray seem to have a battling tuffness this year, where as Pat's are blowing hot and cold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Not one of brays better performances even though the first half was very tight, mitch and del won everthing in the air through out the game, it goes to show how important mitch is that when he was of injured they scored..

Why did we only start attacking football when pats scored, why could we not play like the last ten minutes earlier or was devo playing for a draw..

How was the first half peno claim missed by Kelly and the lineo in the first half... why was mitch sent off did he hit out..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    never got going, dempsey and mitchell were our best players, no suprise they scored when mitchel was off injured, also yer man off pats seemed to have been shot then got up when the rede card was produced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah, your lad put his head to Bermingham and barely touched him

Not many chances in a tight game. Our goal well taken. Looked a penalty to me in first half

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinbrum View Post
    Live in England so this is the first match of the season for me tonight. Looking forward to it, and will be happy with a repeat of the 3-2 victory at theirs
    Stay away please!
    Bray Wanderers: So good they were relegated twice (and still stayed up).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    hand ball or what????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray-Z View Post
    Stay away please!
    Thinking of contacting the Management and seeking a retainer to stay away from all future games. If its any consolation, last season I saw the drubbing by UCD at home, but my next game was the 4-0 win against Galway.

Really disappointed, leaving feeling like they'd been mugged a little. Poor performance, but didn't think they deserved to lose. They looked ok up to the final third when the team just seemed to lose there way. There didn't seem to be any great urgency, almost as if the chances would come.

Too far away to see if the Pat's player was hit, but it looked like he swung a hand first and the Bray player reacted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Yeah, your lad put his head to Bermingham and barely touched him

Not many chances in a tight game. Our goal well taken. Looked a penalty to me in first half
    You're pretty much spot on there Dodge, extremely close game with neither side creating many chances during the full 90 minutes.

From what i saw of the sending off, Bermingham either said or did something, Mitchell squared up, heads touched and Bermingham we down as if he had been shot, was straight back up when the red card was showing. Jake Kelly lost the plot during this trying to get at Bermingham, which would tend to say that Bermingham made the most of it.

Pats never looked like scoring and neither did Bray. The match had 0-0 all over it until Mitchell went off to get treatment, Pats exploited the space and scored, good finish but he didn't adjust to Mitchell not being there.

The closest we came with when Depmsey smashed the bar with his free kick, extremely unlucky. It was a clear peno as well in the first half, the player raised his hand in the box, TERRIBLE decision by Kelly and his assistant not to give it. Probably would have changed how the game would have played out. Pats are a good side and we matched them all over the park in an extremely tight game that was played in midfield with both sides failing to create chances of note, very unlucky not to take something out of the game, i felt we deserved a draw but such is football. We need to pick oursevles up for Tuesday night now, if the lads want to finish top half then they will need to learn how to bounce back and not let last nights resulkt effect them to much.

And to the small section of Pats fans who pretty much sang for 90 minutes, fair play to you and thanks for creating a bit of an atmosphere.
    Last edited by Roo69; 07/05/2011 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Another decent performance, did not deserve to lose, turning points was the penalty shout and Mitchell off the pitch when Pat's scored,gary unlucky with the free-kick and was a class apart his work-rate and dictating the play was excellent.
    As for the banter from Pats fans only to be expected and brought a good atmosphere to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Very dissapointing result, how did jake kelly play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Just on the penalty; Kelly was a fair bit away from it, and he mightn't have been able to see through Crowley's body (angle wise...). Lino was on the far side too, but should've had a better view of it.

Lino on our side also confirmed red card too before kelly dished it out.

Not saying either was right decsion, just pointing out 'factors'
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    The Pats fans were the noisiest we've had at the Carlisle this year. Good to have a bit of atmosphere.

A couple of small things - peno shout and Mitchell going off for treatment - made the difference. It wasn't a great game, but it looked like two good teams battling it out. Danny North was man of the match for me. Granted, i only really saw the second half, but he kept possession and made ground so often. He was a real asset and put in a good shift. From what I've seen of him overall his decision making sometimes isn't great but I reckon any side in the league would be happy to have him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Just on the penalty; Kelly was a fair bit away from it, and he mightn't have been able to see through Crowley's body (angle wise...). Lino was on the far side too, but should've had a better view of it.

Lino on our side also confirmed red card too before kelly dished it out.

Not saying either was right decsion, just pointing out 'factors'
    Michell deserved to get sent off, yep it might have been soft but he was stupid enough to even go that close with his head.

On the Peno, I was standing directly ion line when the ball struck Crowleys hand, the lino was in front of me, he clearly saw it as he was looking at play, he just made a bad decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Michell deserved to get sent off, yep it might have been soft but he was stupid enough to even go that close with his head.

On the Peno, I was standing directly ion line when the ball struck Crowleys hand, the lino was in front of me, he clearly saw it as he was looking at play, he just made a bad decision.
    I tae it back 100% about Mitch, he didn't deserve to get sent off, absolutely no movement of his head and no contact what so ever. Dreadful decisions and the sooner the better the League starts to crack down on cheating like Bermingham's the better, so bloody annoying ! He handles the ball and gets away with a bray free kick on the edge of the box in injury time when we were heaping on the pressure then he gets Mitchell sent off by cheating. I'm annoyed after seeing that.

Defo peno as well by the way.