Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick Desmond League.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limerick Desmond League.

Draper, Is it true ye are giving a walkover to Shannonside on sunday? Disgraceful if ye do!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree, it that is so it should be punished with a point deduction or similar penalty.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Walkover is an automatic 3 point deduction. Hopefully this is only a rumour ,it has been the tightest league in years at both the top and bottom and if teams start giving walkovers now it will be disappointing. Can Broadford afford to lose 3 pts ? I dont think so !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I heard the broadford manager told the shannonside manager that he wishes they win the league and will try his best to make sure they do cos they have to play each other twice..don't drom/broadford have a senior football match the weekend so looks like broadford utd will have hardly any players versus shannonside... Shud be fun looking at their team sheet against shannonside

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Broadford United A team have not given a walkover for at least 20 years that I'm certain of,probably ever,thanks for your concern though, see you all Sunday Adm:€3 under 16's free....
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveB View Post
    Draper, Is it true ye are giving a walkover to Shannonside on sunday? Disgraceful if ye do!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Oh you "heard" that did you Limkdesmond did you? Right! And let me get this straight, you are criticising the soccer club for the fact that a GAA match has been fixed for the same day? Right!
    Quote Originally Posted by limkdesmond View Post
    I heard the broadford manager told the shannonside manager that he wishes they win the league and will try his best to make sure they do cos they have to play each other twice..don't drom/broadford have a senior football match the weekend so looks like broadford utd will have hardly any players versus shannonside... Shud be fun looking at their team sheet against shannonside

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    well five b ,if ure so concerned about broadford giving shannonside a walk over gather 3 euro together and go to the match,broadford are a good team even without the footballers,they have a good b t eam so these players can step up and play,im afraid its at the stage now in soccer season when the football championship starts and matches clash and its hard for players wen there expected to either decide which game there going to play or else have to play both.im sure both shannonside and broadford will go out and play a good fair game like they always do.and for that person that heard the two manager s talk ,can u tell us where and when??????

8. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Walkovers

I find it remarkable that anyone from Askeaton has the neck to talk about walkovers. Were you one of the players who wouldn’t turn up to a DESMOND CUP Q-Final Mossy? By the way, tell all the lads in Div 1 we were asking for them when you and the rest of your Mickey Mouse club see them next year.
    Last edited by The1; 29/04/2011 at 9:33 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Abbeyfeale beat Broadford twice already this year so maybe this ''aggreement'' was with Gerry Cronin. Id love to know how you got your information, did you have their phones tapped up

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well said the1. Shannonside must hav also agreed wit the rathkeale manager to let them win twice! I think there is a few people on this site who dont want shannonside to win d league! I think it is good for a change that its not just 1 from the big 3 goin for the league. It can only be good for the league.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Maybe ye tried yer best to beat abbeyfeale but couldn't..it's ok that ye will field a weakened team against shannonside or maybe give them a walkover..no shame in it neenan

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe ye tried yer best to beat abbeyfeale but couldn't..it's ok that ye will field a weakened team against shannonside or maybe give them a walkover..no shame in it neenan
    Ya our team on Sunday will almost be as poor as it was the day we stuffed ye. By the way Barry, fair play to yourself and Robbie for not getting the boot from Rathkeale this year. Not many lads would have survived after the season the mighty Rathkeale have just had, By any chance are you chairman of Rathkeale as well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I'm afraid Ye haven't beaten us at all this year jim

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm afraid Ye haven't beaten us at all this year jim
    Ya shur whatever gets you to sleep at night, If we are such a poor team though, then losing to the league leaders should be no surprise, so your dopey conspiracy theory goes out the window. Enough said, matter closed. Thanks to the lads who actually talk sense on this forum

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Best of luck against shannonside anyway..ye might get something out of the game.u just never know

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Best of luck against shannonside anyway..ye might get something out of the game.u just never know
    Best of luck to you too tomorrow night, although I dont think ye have any chance when you are tipping Abbeyfeale yourself to win, you just need to believe in yourself a bit more, although I know its tough after the **** ups ye have already made this year