Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlebar Celtic FC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought every team in the mayo League was informed before the start of the season to be prepared to play on grass and astroturf if you are playing Celtic. If they have just plainly refused to play the game, points should go to Celtic and they should be fined/docked points/relegated (last one would be a tiny bit extreme)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

Correct. Every secretary was informed at the start of the year. There is no excuse and the points should be awarded to Celtic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No doubt if the Mayo League does give us the three points we will have the usual begrudgers out saying how the Mayo League are so pro Celtic and why should they be allowed to play on the astro turf pitch.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Good cup win by the U15's V Ballyvary BB. Lets hope they can get all their players back for a good cup run.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    great win 3-0 for the U13 last night over Manulla. Puts them 3 points clear. Manulla much the bigger side but Celtic that be more technical. Both good sides

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well deserved win for Utd. They wanted it more. Very little football played on a small pitch. Hoban the class act and the difference between the teams. Lawless also was back to his best. Surprised Hoban did not start. Rather the three points than the final. Ronan O'Boyle very unlucky with a couple of efforts if one went in it might have been a different story. Very few chances at both ends. Big game next week in Erris.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are the O'Boyle brothers off to the U.S.A.
    Regards to comments concerning Crossmolina, Think the league will deal with the issue as they failed to full fill the fixture. its up to Crossmolina to explain why they did not turn up.
    Its not a matter for others to draw conclusion, should they reward points to Celtic.
    However, I do think that if games are played on the astro, I do think Celtic should give teams notice of there intent.

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CCFC View Post
    I thought every team in the mayo League was informed before the start of the season to be prepared to play on grass and astroturf if you are playing Celtic. If they have just plainly refused to play the game, points should go to Celtic and they should be fined/docked points/relegated (last one would be a tiny bit extreme)
    Think the game has been refixed for thursday 16th June k.o.7pm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redkenrover View Post
    it has

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No they are not off to the US as far as I am aware

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As I expected PB has another go at Celtic in his anti Celtic column this week. Never once since I starting reading his excellent column has he ever once praised us. Never mention us when we went into the A Championship. It is always bordering on the negative and he shows how much he hates the club. He has a short memory when it comes to Utd using players not from Westport. Celtic will always offer players a chance to play at a higher level and will never stand in the way of players moving on to a higher standard. I wonder will they push the ex Glenhest player James O’Donnell on to play at a higher level or continue with the stay at home policy. It is a pity to see players with the quality of Joe Lawless and David Horkan not in the LOI where they belong. Maybe they were happy at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saw that article, very small-minded and petty. One would have expected it if Westport lost on Sunday but since they won I can't understand why he'd write garbage like that...I can only assume he looked at the super league table and that dampened his spirits and prompted him writing the article. Could the port do a Birmingham City this year, win the league cup and get relegated? How many go down, one or two? They could well lose at Claremorris this weekend and if they do they'll have a right relegation battle on

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redkenrover View Post
    What grounds has the game been fixed would astro have any barring on the league to re- fix match

In the heights of elation since 7.18pm 14/11/10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Proton View Post
    What grounds has the game been fixed would astro have any barring on the league to re- fix match
    Dont know the ins and outs of the whole story but obviously it was not as cut and dried as Castlebar Celtic just being awarded the 3 points. Maybe someone from celtic can come on and shed some light before all the conspiracy theorists go mad!!!
    All I know is I saw a copy of the email informing all the clubs that the astro pitch had been officially passed to play league games on and no club could refuse to play. It didnt mention anything about how long in advance clubs had to be notified.

Wonder is there an issue regarding when were Crossmolina notified that the game was going to be on the astro pitch. I spoke to one manager over the weekend who told me they were informed only 2 hours before k.o. when they were due to play celtic. Again I dont know how true this is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    I wonder will they push the ex Glenhest player James O'Donnell on to play at a higher level or continue with the stay at home policy. It is a pity to see players with the quality of Joe Lawless and David Horkan not in the LOI where they belong. Maybe they were happy at home.
    James O'Donnell joined Westport United as an U.13 from Mulranny United and the guy is hugely ambitious. With regards to Horks and Flawless, it was their choice to stay loyal to the Red and Black. Westport United does not endorse a policy of preventing footballers playing at a higher level. If players end up playing for League of Ireland or cross-channel, it is a brilliant honour for the player and, of course the club. Take Razor; he played for Sligo Rovers, Athlone Town and Dublin City, for example. Back in the 1950's a footballer called Willie Martin McNally played for Brentford.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pavillion.road View Post
    Saw that article, very small-minded and petty. One would have expected it if Westport lost on Sunday but since they won I can't understand why he'd write garbage like that...I can only assume he looked at the super league table and that dampened his spirits and prompted him writing the article. Could the port do a Birmingham City this year, win the league cup and get relegated? How many go down, one or two? They could well lose at Claremorris this weekend and if they do they'll have a right relegation battle on
    Westport are a side in transition but I do not see them finishing in the bottom two.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Good win for U-13 tonight. Any result away to Claremorris next week will see them retain the premier title. Good luck to the Community Games side today when they meet Turlough in the Mayo Final.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Westport will be more likely be fighting to win the Super League. No way will they go down.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Big game on Sunday against Iorras any result would be a bonus. Over the last number of years Celtic always seem to struggle down there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well done to all involved with the Community Games side who retained the Mayo title following a hard 4-1 victory over Turlough in Manulla today. They now go to Roscommon to defend the Connaught title they have won for the last five years.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast