Thread: Castlebar Celtic FC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CCFC1924 View Post
    Ill tell the Sec, he'll get on to Jock! The lads will be gutted
    Lads just to keep ye informed because of the mistake on the Mayo league website. Partry U17's travelled to Bangor on Saturday and won 5-3 so we only require one point from the last game on Monday at home to Bangor. I am not gloating I just know that your U17 B team would like to know what the league situation is.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Junior B's had a good win last night. 3-0 against Party on the astroturf. Celtic went 1 up after about 30 mins. A corner/free kick was cleared to the edge of the box and Nicky Canning finished well into the bottom corner. Party had a man sent off just before half time, followed by their manager. The lad looked to be fouled but it wasn't given. He said something to the ref and got gate. Seemed harsh but abusing a ref is a no no. Celtic grabbed 2 more in the second half. First, Jinxsy played a lovely ball over the top for Terry Maughan who finished at the near post. The goal to seal it came from another Jinxsy ball. Clipped it over the top for Jake Gibbons who played a good ball across the face of goal for Terry to get his second. Good result, good performance. Hopefully they can kick on now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great win today for the Super League side. Great goal by Boyler. Great defending after reduced to 10 men.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by short_frank View Post
    Lads just to keep ye informed because of the mistake on the Mayo league website. Partry U17's travelled to Bangor on Saturday and won 5-3 so we only require one point from the last game on Monday at home to Bangor. I am not gloating I just know that your U17 B team would like to know what the league situation is.
    Thanks for that Frank, we have a grasp of it now as we had an eye out for the game on Saturday. That game was scheduled for tonight but I didn't hear a result. Real shame the mistake was made and the lads got their hopes up. But, if ye won tonight, or drew, well done on your league success!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Women are kicking on big time, another big win in Ballyvary (7-0) is a nice addition to their really solid start. Hopefully some silverware to follow. They play Raheny at home this Sunday in the National Cup.

Under 16 girls took part in their first ever National Under 16 Cup game. Played a very strong Salthill side but made a brilliant account of themselves with a great performance. 4-1 definitely flattered Salthill, this group of girls have a strong future and will take beating in Mayo this year.

Under 17s play Conn Rangers in the Mayo Cup last 8 this Thursday at Celtic Park. They'll be looking to continue their good run of form. A league decider to look forward to for thi group of lads, they'll be anxious to play it.

Big game v Westport for the 13s on Friday at Celtic. A win would put them in a great position in the league, but it's extremely tight near the top there.

The pitch will take a real beating this week. Under 17s, 13s, Junior A, junior B and senior women all at home btween Thurs and Sunday. 3 games on Sunday

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CCFC1924 View Post
    Thanks for that Frank, we have a grasp of it now as we had an eye out for the game on Saturday. That game was scheduled for tonight but I didn't hear a result. Real shame the mistake was made and the lads got their hopes up. But, if ye won tonight, or drew, well done on your league success!
    Game was cancelled last night as Bangor couldn't field a team. Rescheduled for Saturday but we haven't been told what time yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Good luck to the Community Games side tonight when they take on Aghamore in Celtic Park @ 6.30. Very impressed with the Girls U-16 side on Sunday very well orgainsed. Well done to all involved.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well done to the Community Games side who advanced to the Mayo final after their win over Aghamore

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by short_frank View Post
    Game was cancelled last night as Bangor couldn't field a team. Rescheduled for Saturday but we haven't been told what time yet.
    How does that work. I thought if you could not field a team you forfeit the game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    That's the way I would read it if team did not show points will be awared to the other side. Partry should be crowned Champs and if so congrats and also well done to all involved with our B team who had a great season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Under 17s with a very hard fought 4-3 win over Conn Rangers. Can not believe these guys only won 2 games all season. If they fought like they did tonight every game then there's no doubt they'd have run that Div 1 title close. Great goalkeeper and they scored 2 absolute beauties! Best of luck to them

Lads played well and showed grear character to come back from behind twice to win. Played good football and deserved the win!

Into the semis now

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good old ding dong of a game. Shaky looking at the back, lucky Baba is the Messi of Mayo underage football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CCFC View Post
    Good old ding dong of a game. Shaky looking at the back, lucky Baba is the Messi of Mayo underage football.

Not sure if that's fair, I think there were a few players who were better than Baba on the day. When Steve Walsh went off injured the back 4 lost that organisation, and it was chaos at times!!

Colm Nevin was terrific and drove midfield. The two full backs were terrific and were a huge threat going forward all night, which complimented the two wingers. Cian Brennan was brilliant and the two strikers worked very hard.

A real cup tie and an entertaining game!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Good win for U13 against the auld enemy last night. Big league decider next week V Manulla who had a good win over Claremorris. I see U-17 girls went down 2-1 to Kilmore. Is this league starting of finishing? Community games side to face Turlough (Ballyvary BB) in the Mayo Final after they beat Breaffy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good win for the Senior A team at the weekend, missing a couple through injury and suspension but they dug in and got the result. They worked hard and although it might not have been as comprehensive as the home wins over Ballina and Manulla it was just as if not more important. Daylight now between themselves and Claremorris/Ballina coming up to the half way point in the league. What happened with the B game, why wouldn't Crossmolina play on the astroturf?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just heard they had the bare 11 and a few suffering from the night before. It is now in the hands of the Mayo League.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well thats just comical. Suffering from the night before my arse, they should be docked 3 points for that bull excuse.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    Just heard they had the bare 11 and a few suffering from the night before. It is now in the hands of the Mayo League.
    If they had 11 why wouldn't they play the game. If they didn't want to play on the astro turf I can understand that, but if they are using the above excuse they deserve to lose the game.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I only heard this. I don't know if they had other lads on the way or not. They did not want to play on the astro turf. The astro turf has been passed to play on by the Mayo League. I know teams are unhappy but if Dundalk can use theirs to play on in the LOI why cant we. It has passed the highest standard. Fahy used Milebush for a number of years. I know we had to play on an astra turf in Cork in the FAI Cup and were not that happy but still had to play as it was passed by FAI. It will be interesting to see what the Mayo League will do

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closing Time View Post
    I only heard this. I don't know if they had other lads on the way or not. They did not want to play on the astro turf. The astro turf has been passed to play on by the Mayo League. I know teams are unhappy but if Dundalk can use theirs to play on in the LOI why cant we. It has passed the highest standard. Fahy used Milebush for a number of years. I know we had to play on an astra turf in Cork in the FAI Cup and were not that happy but still had to play as it was passed by FAI. It will be interesting to see what the Mayo League will do
    Did they know they were playing on the astro turf before they arrived.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast