Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Bray go second and in fine form!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Bray go second and in fine form!

Fantastic outta the blocks again and great little run Bray are on. Hears hoping to maintaining this form. Devo has found a real player in Murphy! Well done lads!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    I like the look of this table!!!

1 Shamrock Rovers 8 5 2 1 14 / 4 17
    2 Bray Wanderers 8 5 1 2 11 / 8 16
    3 Derry City 8 4 3 1 13 / 6 15
    4 Bohemians 8 4 3 1 9 / 4 15
    5 Sligo Rovers 8 4 2 2 8 / 4 14
    6 Dundalk 8 3 2 3 12 / 13 11
    7 St Patrick's Athletic 8 2 3 3 10 / 11 9
    8 UCD 8 1 2 5 4 / 12 5
    9 Galway United 8 1 2 5 5 / 14 5
    10 Drogheda United 8 0 2 6 5 / 15 2

The game was far from being a classic, Galway didn't show much ambition, and we weren't looking under much threat, but we never really looked like we'd have the imagination to break Galway down properly. Conor Murphy had a good game, and Massey played really well again. Danny was very sloppy, and Shield was a little anonymous. I thought one of them was going to floor Quigley at some point when he kept acting the arse every time the ball came back to him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Not one of brays better games but its another 3 points and we're up to second, mitch and del again winning everything in the air,, ok not much attacking from galway but again like last week, when we go 2 up we seem to die the game went very quiet very soon after our second goal.
    Jake unlucky with his last minute strike and with his turn and shot earlier that there goalie saved...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Lets not criticise too much,everybody was complaining when we were bottom, we are to everybodys surprise now second so enjoy it while we can.Performances don't have to Arsenalesque,but we were well entertained last night in front of a reasonable crowd.Lets hope the success we are having will bring more fans in, Happy Days,and Happy Easter.Can't wait for trip to Dundalk next week.Keep her lit BRAY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I was really disappointed with Quigley's timewasting last night, especially as Galway never looked like threatening.

A good first half performance. The tempo we started at was incredible, I'd love to see a longer spell of that, though understandably, it would be tough to keep it up. The second half was disappointing as we didn't push on and get our goal difference up but if we've got the three points, I won't complain too much. Also, an improvement from last week as we didn't concede a sloppy goal and we didn't miss as many chances. Dempsey had another cracking game, he's working wonders in his new role. I thought Murphy and Shields did well too. Shane O'Neill's looked very frustrated towards the end.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    another great start, my only grumble is webster hitting the ball as hard as he can as soon as he gets the ball . o'neill looked very sharp when he came on, good competition for places once shaw is fit . roll on dundalk

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I got the mirror on saturday and well (its not like i was surprised ) I saw a paregraph on the corner of the page for a team who were dead and burried this time last year and now second.
    typical bohs and rovers and sligo get all the press.
    Bohs ???
    I have sent an angry email to the national newspapers of Ireland and hope to see a change as it is meant to be a league of Ireland paper.
    has anyone else had a paper like this ???

I have had this problem with the independant before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry Boy View Post
    I got the mirror on saturday and well (its not like i was surprised ) I saw a paregraph on the corner of the page for a team who were dead and burried this time last year and now second.
    typical bohs and rovers and sligo get all the press.
    Bohs ???
    I have sent an angry email to the national newspapers of Ireland and hope to see a change as it is meant to be a league of Ireland paper.
    has anyone else had a paper like this ???

I have had this problem with the independant before.
    Actually thought we got a decent amount of coverage in the papers in comparison to the others. I have access to all the red tops and broadsheets in work. Besides it's not like we've consistently been up there for a good while. In a way the less coverage the better, means we can carry on without extra pressure. I think the LOI punches above its own weight in terms of the coverage it gets in the press media considering the apathy to Irish football from the public.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    3 points on the board and another clean sheet, its great we can complain about things being in the position we are

Another fantastic start, could have been 4 or 5 by half time but we never got out of 2nd gear in the 2nd half, we played well within ourselves and never had to step it up to kill the game off as Galway offered nothing in attack.

Quigley was excellent again, he has been a real steady influence on our defence since he has come in, his kicking compared to the Rovers game was top notch and his killing of the game at times was brilliant, didn't rush anything which Galway couldn't get the ball back, very clever.

The ref had a terrible game i thought, especially in the 2nd half, some terrible decisions. The ones that would stick out were when the Galway left full clattered into his keeper yet he booked Shane and then when Shane was running onto a through ball the Galway keeper came out caught the ball and landed outside his box with the ball. Really basic and easy decisions he got very wrong.

Dundalk next Friday will be a very tough game and a completely different prospect to Drogheda and Galway, it will be a real test to see how far we have come this season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I think Dundalk will ask more questions of us,but I think we will have the answers.Not over confident but I feel we have learned a lot since last year.Looking forward to every game now.roll on Friday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Bryboy!!!!

Bray have been in the mirror more than 15 times including articles with Devo, Jake, Danny O Connor, Gary Dempsey, Darren Quigley and so on. The Mirror is Brays media partner as far as i know. The max that could be put in last week was 300 words, there was a 500 word report on stand by if Bray had of went top but they didnt, Rovers did. Tomorrow's paper will feature an article with Gary Dempsey and a side feature with Devo.(source Paul Dowling) As far as i know the Mirror were the only paper to do a positve article on the new fencing around the ground. They give Bray loads of coverage. Paul lennon or Mark McCadden wouldnt be spotted dead in the Carlisle unless a table topper/league champion were in town. They give little or no coverage to Bray. The Bray People get 1 page on Bray!!!! Our local Newspaper give us 1 bloody page. Great coverage that is!!!
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.