Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Keane F Preston North End b.1993

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Who else should be relegated to "around the squad" because of that collective embarrassment v Lithuania? Keane and his 26-goal season should be bench warming while we prefer someone nowhere near as prolific? That would make no sense though, no doubt, "system" huggers would mount a challenge.
    I was unaware I was under subpoena. Keane has one start and minutes against Portugal and Belgium. You'd dismiss a 27-goal striker on that basis? I don't. My other point was he'd have more support from the fanbase, given the season he's had, if he was Irish born and raised. It's an opinion, like it or lump it.
    Bizarre school of thought it might be, but I believe a 27-goal striker should be preferred to a 10-goal striker. I also think the positivity you reference should place Keane in the NL starting line-up, not on the bench. Yes, it's about Kenny - he picks the team. Anything else, your Honour(s)?
    I've made my point about Keane. You disagree - fair enough. My other comment was on Keane's popularity (or lack of) within the fanbase. You disagree, again fair enough but please don't extrapolate what's not there. Your ally introduced Kenny, not me. Can I go now?
    Its all here buddy.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Reads great, I’m proud of it. Thanks for going to all that trouble.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Take it the inboxes lads, or move on
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Reads great, I’m proud of it. Thanks for going to all that trouble.
    cheers hun x

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Opened his account for the season on Saturday against Bristol City: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62445232

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Third of the season for Wigan this evening, and he's stepping up to the new level well. Hasn't impressed for Ireland yet, but maybe with Obafemi out of favour and Parrott in a team that can't score, he might be an option this month

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Would love to see him a few more times for Ireland before judging. Some players take a while to hit their groove in a new team
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Opened the scoring against Rotherham to notch his fourth of the season - I'd be interested in seeing how he would work as a target man with Obafemi partnering him, so perhaps he should get some good minutes in the friendlies

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Opened the scoring against Rotherham to notch his fourth of the season - I'd be interested in seeing how he would work as a target man with Obafemi partnering him, so perhaps he should get some good minutes in the friendlies
    Scored a bucketful last season in L1 and is now looking good in the Championship. I can understand the preference for Obafemi, who could be the new Robbie, and Ogbene who is also scoring and playing very well. But for Keane to be dropped from the recent match-day squad was ridiculous. What does he have to do? Score goals?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Not be turning 30 in January is the honest answer to that I think.

If you have a choice between a 20 year old, a 22 year old, a 25 year old and a 29 year old, all with limited international experience, it probably makes sense to favour the ones who aren't 29.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Obafemi in November, and similar with Robinson and Obafemi. Need to see different combinations work together as that front two.

Only issue in my mind is any combination I think of is someone plus Obafemi which brings a big problem of over relying on Obafemi whose had his fitness issues early in his career. Hopefully his fitness issues were more down to his lifestyle off the pitch as Hasenhuttl talked about rather than being injury prone.

Pity Idah has been injury prone these last two seasons cause I think himself and Obafemi could be a cracking front two for us.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Obafemi in November, and similar with Robinson and Obafemi. Need to see different combinations work together as that front two.

Only issue in my mind is any combination I think of is someone plus Obafemi which brings a big problem of over relying on Obafemi whose had his fitness issues early in his career. Hopefully his fitness issues were more down to his lifestyle off the pitch as Hasenhuttl talked about rather than being injury prone.

Pity Idah has been injury prone these last two seasons cause I think himself and Obafemi could be a cracking front two for us.
    Keane should be paired with Obafemi, as you say. They are our most potent pair of strikers and for some strange Keane is frowned upon

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Keane should be paired with Obafemi, as you say. They are our most potent pair of strikers and for some strange Keane is frowned upon
    There?s a sense with Keane that but for injuries, he might have been a pretty decent player. He?s not really shown much in his cameos for us, but if he continues to score goals, he deserves a chance as much as any of our Championship players.

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    There?s a sense with Keane that but for injuries, he might have been a pretty decent player. He?s not really shown much in his cameos for us, but if he continues to score goals, he deserves a chance as much as any of our Championship players.
    Not sure why the rogue question marks appeared there. Sloppy typing I guess.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Not sure why the rogue question marks appeared there. Sloppy typing I guess.
    Site issue’s at the moment I think.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    I trust that was a deliberate rogue apostrophe!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Not be turning 30 in January is the honest answer to that I think.

If you have a choice between a 20 year old, a 22 year old, a 25 year old and a 29 year old, all with limited international experience, it probably makes sense to favour the ones who aren't 29.
    Of the top 10 scorers in the EFL Championship so far this season, one has 7 goals, three have 6 and six have 5. Average age is 25.9 years. Top Republic of Ireland scorers (4 goals) are Ogbene (25) and Keane (29).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    Of the top 10 scorers in the EFL Championship so far this season, one has 7 goals, three have 6 and six have 5. Average age is 25.9 years. Top Republic of Ireland scorers (4 goals) are Ogbene (25) and Keane (29).
    Hogan has five.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Hogan has five.
    Correct -- I overlooked Hogan (blush). It does make the consistent preference for Parrott and Obafemi in the Ireland starting XI harder to understand if points now rather than points in the future are important.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    On a minutes per goal basis I'd say Obafemi's stats are probably fine, he hasn't had a huge amount of game time this season. Parrott harder to justify right now, he needs to find form.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast