Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bray Wanderers not getting credit deserved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Bray Wanderers not getting credit deserved!

Cant help but feel lads Bray are not getting as much credit that is richly deserved!! After a turbulent season last year that almost resulted in relegation they have started this season like no other in the Premier divison. Beat Rovers in tallaght, only few teams can say that and came from 2 down to beat Pats @ Inchicore. Does anybody reckon Bray could challenge for a European Spot this season??
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'm more impressed they replaced that wall!!

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    No, a great start but won't last the pace but will be comfortable above relegation zone.

Top four between Shams,Sligo,Derry,Dundalk,Pats and Bohs with Bray in 7th.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aidz1 View Post
    I'm more impressed they replaced that wall!!
    Only on 3 sides though. They trust the people who sit in the tent!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    lack of credit or recognition for a very impressive set of results?

its the Devlin affect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Delvin has done an excellent job and Bray this year are a much improved side. By keeping last years squad and adding one or two more players he has brought stability to the club. I don't know how he did it but he kept good players like Dempsey and Jake Kelly. But ...

Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post
    Does anybody reckon Bray could challenge for a European Spot this season??
    My answer to this question would be NO. I reckon Bray will easily come ahead of UCD, Galway and Drogheda. But the other teams in the league are stronger IMO so that puts them at 7th place. But who knows anything could happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinney View Post
    Delvin has done an excellent job and Bray this year are a much improved side. By keeping last years squad and adding one or two more players he has brought stability to the club. I don't know how he did it but he kept good players like Dempsey and Jake Kelly. But ...

My answer to this question would be NO. I reckon Bray will easily come ahead of UCD, Galway and Drogheda. But the other teams in the league are stronger IMO so that puts them at 7th place. But who knows anything could happen.

I think a lot's going to come down to luck this season. That group of teams near the top have all looked very evenly matched. I think Sligo and Shams will still be a cut above, but for 3rd, it's a toss-up between Bray, Dundalk, Pat's, Bohs, and Derry. A few key injuries for either side could see them slip back, but I don't think any of those sides have enough in the tank to carry them clear if they do have a crisis to deal with. Is our recent success going to my head? Possibly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    So far, I'd be putting Bray ahead of Pats and Bohs and the bottom three. None of those sides have depth either really so in the long run Bray can get above them.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    I think a lot's going to come down to luck this season. That group of teams near the top have all looked very evenly matched. I think Sligo and Shams will still be a cut above, but for 3rd, it's a toss-up between Bray, Dundalk, Pat's, Bohs, and Derry. A few key injuries for either side could see them slip back, but I don't think any of those sides have enough in the tank to carry them clear if they do have a crisis to deal with. Is our recent success going to my head? Possibly!
    Good point. At the moment Dundalk are riddled with injuries (Maher, Bolger & Osborne have long term injuries and Bennett & Guthrie currently out aswell). Our 19 man squad is stretched. Only Shamrock Rovers have a large squad that could deal with a big injury crisis. What Bray have is really good manager (one of my fav in the league) and a bunch of players who obviously want to do well for him. But overall Bray don't have the same amount of talent as the like of Dundalk, Derry and Pats have. An injury to someone like Danny O'Connor and Dempsey and Bray would lack experience and would struggle. But as you said whether a team has many injuries is mainly down to luck.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Cant help but feel lads Bray are not getting as much credit that is richly deserved!! After a turbulent season last year that almost resulted in relegation they have started this season like no other in the Premier divison. Beat Rovers in tallaght, only few teams can say that and came from 2 down to beat Pats @ Inchicore. Does anybody reckon Bray could challenge for a European Spot this season??
    Tbf it's not just yourselves re: lack of recognition, and with the Shamrock Rovers obsessed press having a derby game to concentrate on you were never going to get top billing this weekend anyways. I'd concentrate on silently working away as sometimes too much coverage leads to over expectation and then the wrong type of recognition when results might go the other way! Btw try being in the first division and getting over 2,000 like we did at turners cross on friday, scoring five, conceding none, top of the league and not even getting two words in The Sun the next day - now that is a lack of recognition. Good luck to Wanderers for the rest of the season.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I'd perfer the media stay away from us being honest, just let the team get on with what they are doing. The great thing about it is that Kelly or O'Neill are yet to find form so hopefully when the 2 lads start playing well we can really push on. It's been an excellent start by us but there is a LONG way to go and with the very limited resources that we have it will be tough to keep it up all season.

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Only if yous play away from home every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Came into work this morning and to my surprise not one person was giving Bray any credit.

It was all "City this; United that". Just goes to show the appetite in here for First Division football.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Doesn't really matter if we're being patted on the back or not. We've had a good start and we've got the players to keep on getting results. Next up is Galway at home, if we get three points in that game and nothing good is said about us, I'll still be smiling!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Da Gull View Post
    Doesn't really matter if we're being patted on the back or not. We've had a good start and we've got the players to keep on getting results. Next up is Galway at home, if we get three points in that game and nothing good is said about us, I'll still be smiling!
    The only thing is a bit of hype could get a few more people through the gates. The lads are playing brilliantly, but the crowds have been fairly ****e recently.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    The only thing is a bit of hype could get a few more people through the gates. The lads are playing brilliantly, but the crowds have been fairly ****e recently.
    It's probably premier division standard, but €15 still seems a touch steep to me for the Carlisle. In these tight times it's stopped me heading down as a neutral a few times, whereas a tenner I probably would've. I know it's a tough balancing act on prices v increased punters (lowering price doesn't necessarily mean increased crowds), but still that'd be my tuppence.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Their should be a big crowd this Friday V Galway, Bray have to be hot favorites for the game. Prediction 3-1 Bray

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurt Locker View Post
    Their should be a big crowd this Friday V Galway, Bray have to be hot favorites for the game. Prediction 3-1 Bray

Nooo! Stop giving us the credit we deserve, you'll ruin everything!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Bray's home record is pretty poor - 1 win in four games - and it is your away form that has them flying so high. That said, we're not exactly inspiring confidence now so would imagine ye'll make it 3 wins on the spin on Friday. Ye do deserve ceredit for the start ye've had, but I can't see ye maintaining that (although I would be delighted to be proved wrong, nice to see on of the 'lesser' clubs doing so well). Then again, in 2009 we had a similar start (12 points from first 7 games, as opposed to Bray's 13 from seven), including wins over Pats and Dundalk, and draws with Sligo and Derry. We finished 8th, just above the play-off spots. Be excited about your start, but don't get carried away
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No harm but the same could be said about Derry City. Monday Night the only positive thing said about them was how class McClean's second goal was despite the fact our 4-1 victory moved us to joined top.
    Derry City FC, re-generated almost as often as Doctor Who.

26. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast