Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: John Flanagan

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Probably an agent trying to raise his profile and perhaps put the pressure on the English underage set up to keep picking him.

All this will he/won't he or is he eligible/not eligible is agravating and not just about this player but others as well.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Nope. I'm using the latest databases, unedited. It says he was born in Liverpool and is eligible for both England and Ireland. He did wait until 2017 before claiming for us though, after previously playing with the English U21 side. Anyway, it would be interesting to know where they get their info from. It could be a matter of assuming things due to his name.
    Just found this thread to say something similar, also happening in 2017. Oddly he had already had a friendly cap for England, had displaced Glen Johnson at Liverpool and was a shoe in to be starter right back but then suddenly U-turned to declare for the republic of Ireland. (In Chris Hughton's wisdom he's decided to play him left back, keeping Stephen Kelly RB)
    May be a scripted process but anyways the SI guys are usually accurate on the factual information in their database so he probably is eligible. There's been cases in the past of unknown second nationalities like with Liam Lawrence where they were defaulted to no alternative, if they gave him an alternative they have it on reliable grounds.
    Last edited by Murfinator; 04/07/2012 at 8:18 PM.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Is is worth me point out that 2017 has not happened yet, and as the world ends on 2012 it never will?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You've succumbed to Mayan propaganda.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Lads, do none of you remember the brilliant Liverpool/Blackburn match a few months ago that should have had two Liverpool 'keepers sent off in it? We need to stay far, far away from this guy. Terrible player.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He's about 5 years old, Colbert. Give him a chance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Lads, do none of you remember the brilliant Liverpool/Blackburn match a few months ago that should have had two Liverpool 'keepers sent off in it? We need to stay far, far away from this guy. Terrible player.
    He's a very young lad Colbert. I remember that game and he was awful. However, in his first few games at the club, he was excellent. I wouldn't turn him away, if he did declare. He might be good for the u21s.

There's a few lads in the youth teams at Liverpool, that have very Irish names. Might be worth our youth scouts keeping an eye out for. I remember Brian Kerr when he was youths manager saying he watched an Everton Liverpool youth game and about 80 percent of the local players would have been eligible for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    He's a very young lad Colbert. I remember that game and he was awful. However, in his first few games at the club, he was excellent. I wouldn't turn him away, if he did declare. He might be good for the u21s.

There's a few lads in the youth teams at Liverpool, that have very Irish names. Might be worth our youth scouts keeping an eye out for. I remember Brian Kerr when he was youths manager saying he watched an Everton Liverpool youth game and about 80 percent of the local players would have been eligible for us.
    We should be look to swoop for Liverpool's other young right full Ryan McLaughlin, he is a Norn Iron underage international. He will cut it at Anfield too, one of their best young talents. Gave a running commentary of our play off game with Estonia on twitter aswell if I can remember, was gushing about "us" qualifying aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    It'd be interesting if Ryan McLaughlin did decide to declare for the FAI considering that his brother Conor has already been capped at senior level by the IFA.

“It was a big moment for Conor and the family when he made his international debut against Italy. He came off the bench and really enjoyed it. He also got Giuseppi Rossi's shirt at the end of the game,” says Ryan, with brotherly pride.
    “Hopefully I can follow in his footsteps into the senior side and play alongside him.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sp...#ixzz1zx4K0E9F
    Last edited by Predator; 07/07/2012 at 3:39 PM.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Ryan certainly seems to support the republic as im sure his brother does as well. Hopefully he will be offered the chance to play with the republic. Had an excellent first season at liverpool

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongbow10 View Post
    We should be look to swoop for Liverpool's other young right full Ryan McLaughlin, he is a Norn Iron underage international. He will cut it at Anfield too, one of their best young talents. Gave a running commentary of our play off game with Estonia on twitter aswell if I can remember, was gushing about "us" qualifying aswell
    He looks a class player, though I've only seen him once. I know he probably support us, but I'd love if a few of the Northern lads on here could find out if he's willing to make the move to us publicly. The NI fans will absolutely go mental if he does declare for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Reading the extract from the BT, it looks like he'll stay with the North.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    Reading the extract from the BT, it looks like he'll stay with the North.
    It looked like James McClean and Shane Duffy would do the same.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    True, but with his brother Conor already a full international I reckon he'll stay with them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456