Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mayo League Divison 1 2011

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does anyone have any thoughts as to why the league decided only now to punish the 3 teams that didnt travel to Mulranny.Why do this when the season is over, that is unless there was another hidden agenda. These games were May 21st (Urlaur), July 2nd (K/K) and the Ballyvarry home game was August 28th. Another unfair and unjust, make it up as you go along ruling, as per some of the latest sanctions.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    cheers round tower, however have to feel for the charlestown lads they played really well all year and only denied a play-off by a 95th minute equalizer. at least they have got promoted as well and we can do battle again next year. They are a sound bunch of lads and should be commended on their reaction after the match when they applauded us to the dressing room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Lads,

I believe K+K Utd are going to be playing in Division 2 next year and not Claremorris B.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Serves them right for not fulfilling fixtures, Urlaur and the bombers deducted points too for their travel sickness. Just dissapointing that Mulranny got 11 points this season without kicking a ball.... again let me state that this no slight or sour grapes on Mulranny as they played all their games with intent, deremination and passion and can not be blamed for the clubs who couldnt afford the flights to the further reaches of our vast county. However I feel that the best 2 sides were promoted and the worst 2 relegated. Why did it take the ML so long to inforce their sanctions ?? would K/K have known their fate going into the last game and if not surly they were entitled to be made aware that there was a decision pending ............... that said ive no sympathy as they should have fulfilled the fixture... shame Urlaur didnt go too !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Cheers seasider, yeah feel a little hard done by but time is a great healer ha!. that's football for ya and it was a great game to finish out the season even if the pitch was a bit soft.. congrats anyway hope ye had a good drink on it and roll next year so we can we can have a go at ye again!!..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Back n the game View Post
    Serves them right for not fulfilling fixtures, Urlaur and the bombers deducted points too for their travel sickness. Just dissapointing that Mulranny got 11 points this season without kicking a ball.... again let me state that this no slight or sour grapes on Mulranny as they played all their games with intent, deremination and passion and can not be blamed for the clubs who couldnt afford the flights to the further reaches of our vast county. However I feel that the best 2 sides were promoted and the worst 2 relegated. Why did it take the ML so long to inforce their sanctions ?? would K/K have known their fate going into the last game and if not surly they were entitled to be made aware that there was a decision pending ............... that said ive no sympathy as they should have fulfilled the fixture... shame Urlaur didnt go too !!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    If there is one club that would be aggrieved with Urlaur, Kiltimagh/Knock United and Ballyvary Bluebombers, it would be Achill Rovers as they would have been in the mix for promotion, had Mulranny dropped points from these games. Mulranny at least made a 100% effort to fulfill their fixtures. However, it is hypothetical to say what would have actually happened with them three games.....Mulranny could easily have won them anyway. The three clubs that failed to fulfill them fixtures deserve a rap on the knuckles for that anyway.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Anyone hear a whisper about a playoff between Westport C and Charlestown for second spot??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Whats the point of that???? Its not like Westport will go up if they win or there is any reward for it? Where did you hear that?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its official now, date and venue yet to be confirmed. Medals to be played for !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Farmer View Post
    Its official now, date and venue yet to be confirmed. Medals to be played for !
    Is there medals for runners up? ....... i doubt it.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    there is some prize money for second probably a couple of hundred euros

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I know its late cause havn been on in while but congrats to Mulranny on winnin the league still gutted at loosin it so late in the game but s..t happens. was some belter of a game to finish the season and some way to win it in fairness with more or less the last kick of the game. we didnt know there was a Mayo rep at pitch after the game otherwise we would have waited out there for the presentation so was least we could do applaudin ye on the way off.
    dont know if there is money to second place team so the match v Westport will be pointless i think but if im wrong and there is money at stake then fair enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    dont know if there is money to second place team so the match v Westport will be pointless i think but if im wrong and there is money at stake then fair enough.[/QUOTE]

For the last couple of years only the runners up in the Super and the Premier leagues got money for finishing secound. There has always been medals for runners up in all divisions what ever is at youths,junior or women so sice the 2 teams finished level as runner up there has to be a play off for the runners up medals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    dont know if there is money to second place team so the match v Westport will be pointless i think but if im wrong and there is money at stake then fair enough.
    For the last couple of years only the runners up in the Super and the Premier leagues got money for finishing secound. There has always been medals for runners up in all divisions what ever is at youths,junior or women so sice the 2 teams finished level as runner up there has to be a play off for the runners up medals.[/QUOTE]

Correct you there .... they never being medals for runners up in league at youth levels ... that's fact ..... i being involved with youth teams for a number of years and had a good few teams finishing runner up ..... and got nothing .... its actually hard to get winners medals out of them!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_bob View Post
    there is some prize money for second probably a couple of hundred euros
    I heard that there is no prize money but there are medals in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Whats the point of that???? Its not like Westport will go up if they win or there is any reward for it? Where did you hear that?
    Apart from runners up medals at stake, there is actually no relevance to this fixture. The matter regarding promotion is settled. I don't imagine either club actually wants this fixture. Who really wants a runners up medal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    Apart from runners up medals at stake, there is actually no relevance to this fixture. The matter regarding promotion is settled. I don't imagine either club actually wants this fixture. Who really wants a runners up medal?
    I see this nothing fixture is down for decision in ballyheane next sunday. What a jokebut i have to disagree that neither club want this game!! Word is that Westport demanded this game be played.... Whats that all about?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well done to charlestown last weekend. i think they deserved it for their run throughout the year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Word is that Westport demanded this game be played.... Whats that all about?
    The club never demanded the game, it was one individual and one individual only. The club actually tried to get it scrapped.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Still the point remains ........ game was fixed at westports request ......

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678