Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo League Divison 1 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    1-0 to the rovers
    www.achillrovers.com
    Achill Rovers Official Facebook Page....

Disclaimer:Facebook Page may not actually be official

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rovers through to the semis, a spirited 1-0 win against a side who looked hungover from the royal wedding in that shameful kit. They prodded and prodded but they just couldnt get past a typically stubborn Rovers rearguard. The return of Lynchiel Messi in the No.10 jersey was pivotal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-4EZy****Y

I heard the DSE were singin this one after their early game..get a sense of humour moderator. Any other scores/craic? No? Didn't think so. Jablonski out.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Charlestown Ath 2 Ballyvary 2 (4-2 AET). Charlestown made hard work of this game. although they went 2 down in the first half they never looked like losing. had most of the possession from seconh half on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    cmoris 1- 3 k/kU. any word on mayo cup draw yet

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    [QUOTE=secerts;1482081]cmoris 1- 3 k/kU. any word on mayo cup draw yet

Waht was this game like secerts ?? K/K seem handy enough !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hi sheep, cmoris missing good few lads so hard 2 tell, there pitch is n great nick.

we'r going ok so far but long way 2 go let, alot lads away for summer......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by secerts View Post
    cmoris 1- 3 k/kU. any word on mayo cup draw yet
    The Mayo cup draw is on the Mayo league web-site with the other divisional cup draws.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    News that will delight all in league here. We have been deducted 3 points and lost the point we won against Mulranny in the first game (presume they have been awarded the three). All this is a result of a gunuine error in sending away a registration form before a game for our keeper that day (which is a real kick in the teeth cause he is never around to play anyway due to gaelic commitments for another club). As soon as this was realised by our club on the day after the game our club contacted the league to admit the offence and informed them it was an honest mistake but unfortunately for us surprise surprise they inflicted the maxium punishment and fine on us. Given what went on a couple of years ago they were never going to do us any favours but this is a total different situation and given the fact that we immediately owned up we were hoping only to concede the game to Mulranny and get a lesser fine but iv a feeling the Mayo league were licking there fingers at the thaught of inflicting maxium punishment. We now find ourselves last on one point with a mountain to climb but we have good bunch of lads who determined to turn things around and try get in the mix again near the end of the season to push for promotion... Happy Easter league one:-(

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sorry to hear that, especially when ye owned up to the mistake. Typical of the ML milk every club for all they're worth as long as it doesn't effect the big teams

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavs Up View Post
    News that will delight all in league here. We have been deducted 3 points and lost the point we won against Mulranny in the first game (presume they have been awarded the three). All this is a result of a gunuine error in sending away a registration form before a game for our keeper that day (which is a real kick in the teeth cause he is never around to play anyway due to gaelic commitments for another club). As soon as this was realised by our club on the day after the game our club contacted the league to admit the offence and informed them it was an honest mistake but unfortunately for us surprise surprise they inflicted the maxium punishment and fine on us. Given what went on a couple of years ago they were never going to do us any favours but this is a total different situation and given the fact that we immediately owned up we were hoping only to concede the game to Mulranny and get a lesser fine but iv a feeling the Mayo league were licking there fingers at the thaught of inflicting maxium punishment. We now find ourselves last on one point with a mountain to climb but we have good bunch of lads who determined to turn things around and try get in the mix again near the end of the season to push for promotion... Happy Easter league one:-(
    should've said nothing. they don't seem to take much heed in what goes on in the lower divisions anyway

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Theres no point in being honest with the Mayo League, they care very little for volunteerism or indeed the actual sport as can be seen for last number of years with their petty fines, unless youre involved with the bigger clubs in which case they would probably get a clap on the back.Shameful to lose point from the charlestowns first game over the keeper who actually nearly cost them the game anyways!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Very little reward for honesty surely. Only way we would have been found out is if Mulranny reported us within 10 days and i dont think they had any idea he wasn fully registered given the fact that we ourselves didnt even know until Monday evenin. Club would be appealing the severity of the punishment but as you all know the cost to do so is scandelous and they would not go back on their decision in any case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Who the Sec ..... no offence but its his fault. He should know which player is registar or not ... he puts them on the computer system.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its harsh but i cant say im not happy
    www.achillrovers.com
    Achill Rovers Official Facebook Page....

Disclaimer:Facebook Page may not actually be official

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A mistake was made, Charlestown owned up to it but the sanction was a bit harsh to be honest. If it was a one point deduction, fair enough but if that is the punishment Charlestown got and they were honest about their mistake, what sort of punishment would a club that did not have the same honesty as Charlestown would most likely get? As we often read on the newspapers, in the criminal justice system, mitigating factors are taken into account before the punishment fits the crime. To be honest, there should have been some leniency shown on this case, a slap on the wrists maybe, but I think the actual punishment is too harsh and not only myself would sympathise with Charlestown, I think a lot of people in Westport would show some sympathy too. Westport United once got relegated after a massive points deduction back in 1997, accompanied by a big fine (which got reduced following arbitration), which was a traumatic experience at the time for everyone in the club.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in all fairness, given that it was the first game and knowing a rule is a rule also, probably the boys (csi mayo league) are probably applauding themselves on their investigative work in nabbing the club, as thunderblaster correctly said, could the punishment be any worse if they were reported? anyways, from what i am heard earlier this eve, charlestown could have sought a postponement due to a bereavement, which we are sure could not help in this unfortunate infringement. all on that mayo league committee should be ashamed of themselves if that is indeed true.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If this was a genuine mistake i think C'town have being very hard done by. From reading the above posts i take it they would gladly have taken the punishment considering they came forward with the mistake. All i can say is what example does this set for every other club in mayo ? cheat and say nothing and take your chances( and probley not get caught) or in this case do what C'town did and get over kill !.
    I'm just putting this out there but are you telling me that they were the only club in mayo that played an unregistered player the first game of the season ? possibly but i'de doubt it..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I know that certain people will not believe that it was a genuine mistake but hand on heart, it was. Yes Spectator, in the days leading up to this game our manager had a bereavement of a family member in England and I would imagine if not for that unfortunate incident that this whole situation would have probably been realised and would not have taken place.
    Once again, when we realsied our mistake we contacted the Mayo League on the Monday after the game, told them exactly what had happened and now we are getting the maximum punishment. I mean if we knew then what we know now we would have been as well riding our luck and taking a chance on not saying anything cause the punishment is exactly the same. We all knew we were going to loose the point we won against Mulranny, naturally enough, and expected a fine of some sort, but to get deducted a further 3 points and to recieve the fine we did, to put it mildly, given our honesty over this matter I think is unfair.
    Massive mountain to climb now if we are going to have any chance of promotion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaster View Post
    A mistake was made, Charlestown owned up to it but the sanction was a bit harsh to be honest. If it was a one point deduction, fair enough but if that is the punishment Charlestown got and they were honest about their mistake, what sort of punishment would a club that did not have the same honesty as Charlestown would most likely get? As we often read on the newspapers, in the criminal justice system, mitigating factors are taken into account before the punishment fits the crime. To be honest, there should have been some leniency shown on this case, a slap on the wrists maybe, but I think the actual punishment is too harsh and not only myself would sympathise with Charlestown, I think a lot of people in Westport would show some sympathy too. Westport United once got relegated after a massive points deduction back in 1997, accompanied by a big fine (which got reduced following arbitration), which was a traumatic experience at the time for everyone in the club.
    Cost us the league. We never got the points for this game and your manager knew exactly what he was doing fielding them players. Don't try and compare that shameful act with this one as it sounds, from what GavsUp is saying, a seemingly innocent mistake.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the wise one View Post
    lol
    i wish that word 'lol' would disappear. anyway bad result (1:1) yesterday for charlestown in ballyvary, a back pass to the ballyvary keeper ended up in the charlestown net crazy stuff. any other results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast