Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cork AUL 2010/2011

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Exclamation Cork AUL 2010/2011

Great to see the aul doing their best to give kin sale the league again. I don't play anymore but when I did we were head to head with them all the way and what the aul did was disgrace. They got all their home games mid week and for only some reason known to the aul they got their away games on weekends. They got 2 walkovers because teams were not going to travel down their with nothing to play for..we had meeting with aul over these crazy fixtures and they said it was just the way they fell..I am not involved with any team but I do go watching games and I think teams should stand up for themselves over this..those who are lucky to be working now can't get time off and it's simply crazy to ask a team to be down to kinsale to start game at 6...the aul is in a mess as it is and this just adds more petrol to the fire.....very badly run organisation I must say

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    LADS must agree 6 o clock kick off is a joke i know castleview got 150 euro fine for not fielding team two weeks ago and if you ask me think aul are hoping teams cant field a team so they can get back the missing funds
    oops.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backpass View Post
    Great to see the aul doing their best to give kin sale the league again. I don't play anymore but when I did we were head to head with them all the way and what the aul did was disgrace. They got all their home games mid week and for only some reason known to the aul they got their away games on weekends. They got 2 walkovers because teams were not going to travel down their with nothing to play for..we had meeting with aul over these crazy fixtures and they said it was just the way they fell..I am not involved with any team but I do go watching games and I think teams should stand up for themselves over this..those who are lucky to be working now can't get time off and it's simply crazy to ask a team to be down to kinsale to start game at 6...the aul is in a mess as it is and this just adds more petrol to the fire.....very badly run organisation I must say
    No talk about Park having to travel from Mitchelstown to play Leeside at 6pm I see, ???

And if you don't like the AUL you can always leave or stay and improve it.
    Would you like the fixture secretary's job perhaps - I wouldn't!!!

As for the AUL just giving Kinsale league titles - I think that's a very unfair comment to make about the AUL and Kinsale.

This reply was toned down about 4 times before I sent it
    Last edited by Shilts; 29/03/2011 at 1:01 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Well said Shilts. Never saw an AUL title in any division given to anyone.

As I said already, tie up with other team and ref and make it later.
    And if the home team says no, bring it up here and the lack of friends will come back to bite them.

Im sure Leeside will help Park if asked, as Im sure Kinsale will help if asked.

Was it about 7.50 last night when it became beyond soccer? Add 3 minutes a day and we have about 10/15 past 8 next week? Should be ok for 6.15, very tight for half 6.

Cas, good to see the club sec taking the job seriously!!
    The life of a keeper, hero one minute, villan the next.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    give kinsale the league id say your abit better of coming second to kinsale all the time are you?