Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positives & negatives from last 4 friendlies

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    I hope not. Breen is a great player for Ireland and is certainly good to have as backup.
    I disagree, I think Breen always was and always will be a disaster. He is nowhere near Premiership class, as proven by his spell at West Ham and there is no way he should be making the national side.

If O'Brien or Cunningham were injured I'd move O'Shea to centre back and slot Finnan in at left back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carnstien
    I disagree, I think Breen always was and always will be a disaster. He is nowhere near Premiership class, as proven by his spell at West Ham and there is no way he should be making the national side.

If O'Brien or Cunningham were injured I'd move O'Shea to centre back and slot Finnan in at left back.

Agree with the above post, Breen looks very good against lesser quality players(Div1) but in the premiership has looked poor.

Either Finnan or Carr has to give way, one should bugger off to the other flank.

only1kilbane
    Breen has always done well for us valuable member of the squad. A lot of our players are first division class but seem to rise to the occasion when they put on the green shirt. Id have Breen ahead of ginger pele any day !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Breen is a much better defender than 'The ginger pele' who is useful to throw on up front if all else fails.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking yes

I think the positive that stands out there the most is that KEANO is back in buisness but i have also noticed in the game against Jamaica that we werent fit enough.. i have a greek friend who thinks if ireland were avery fit team they could beat almost anyone in the world i mean, WE DREW WITH BRAZIL!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the problem is that many of the players who played in the Unity Cup especially aren't used to anything like the pace of an international football match - they've gone from playing in the 1st division in England or the 2nd division in some cases up to what was classed as a full international.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    The mixture of youth, experience, semi competant FAI setup and decent manager is uplifting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12