Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MNS - 21st March 2011 - Series 3

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The good the bad and the ugly section is grand for what it is, but must have ran at least 6/7 minutes which was ridiculous.
    and for the second week running they still couldn't show ugly "tackles" made by shams players
    Last edited by A face; 25/03/2011 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    The other thing about RTÉ is right after MNS is finished they give this little advert for RTÉ being the 'home of sport' with Magners League Rugby, English Premier League, GAA, and all this craic, but don't actually mention LOI in that bit at all. Shocking really for me at least.
    I actually hate that as well and its always spelt out how far down the ranking we are. A few years ago i went a bit ott and did a bit of digging on other EU countries and the amount of hours they dedicate to the domestic game compared to other leagues, champions league etc. and i sent it all to them making the case that not only were we getting snubbed on the ratio of hours but even in the advert as well.

I heard absolutely nothing and i had cc'ed loads of people from broadcasting authorities all over Europe.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    I spent a lot of time in the last week criticising MNS about their editorial policy on their facebook page and while they did eventually start responding to my points I doubt very much that they're going to cut out the fluff and show better highlights. It seems to me that they're unhappy being on that show in terms of their career. Their primary concern is to do flashy-looking journo-tastic bells and whistles so as to get noticed and hired on a more high-profile show. I really dont think they care very much about football in the first instance and certainly not the LOI. I really get the impression that they're kind of embarrassed about the league and and they're putting all those gimmcks and all that populist ole ole rubbish about the International team to distract from the actual football because they think it's really not very good at all. I don't know how else to explain the frenzy of dumbing down that is MNS.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    I spent a lot of time in the last week criticising MNS about their editorial policy on their facebook page and while they did eventually start responding to my points I doubt very much that they're going to cut out the fluff and show better highlights. It seems to me that they're unhappy being on that show in terms of their career. Their primary concern is to do flashy-looking journo-tastic bells and whistles so as to get noticed and hired on a more high-profile show. I really dont think they care very much about football in the first instance and certainly not the LOI. I really get the impression that they're kind of embarrassed about the league and and they're putting all those gimmcks and all that populist ole ole rubbish about the International team to distract from the actual football because they think it's really not very good at all. I don't know how else to explain the frenzy of dumbing down that is MNS.
    Far too harsh - but I agree about their misplaced attempts to attract non-LOI fans by featuring items about the national team. These fit jarringly into the programme.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    watched the pats game then just tuned out id agree its better than nothing but its going downhill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Far too harsh - but I agree about their misplaced attempts to attract non-LOI fans by featuring items about the national team. These fit jarringly into the programme.
    Yeah, probably a bit too harsh about the lads' career motivations. Still, though, because it's so gimmicky it's more or less unwatchable if you're actually interested in football. Maybe they're trying to drive people out the door to watch real football?!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bingoballs View Post
    and for the second week running they still couldn't show ugly "tackles" made by shams players
    Turner's challenge? They showed it 4 or 5 times between the game and analysis. The Good/Bad/Ugly section is supposed to highlights things you might have missed. There's no conspiracy.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    By far the best one made this year I thought.
    Plenty of coverage, no clueless gereatric that the barstoolers can paw themselves too and at least Mc Donnell and Gormley know what they are talking about.
    As for Dave Barry, well not as mumbling as usual but still incoherent leaps in mid sentance, hes embaressing to watch.
    I know I know the show needs a token cork person but anyone but Barry, the man cant string a sentance togethor and even worse constantly cuts over the other commentators with his dimented rantings, stick Morley on instead of him.
    I wonder if he can spell though...
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    I wonder if he can spell though...
    Good one...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    At least we should get coverage the next few weeks - Gillespie will give them a chance to play loads of clips of English football...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

12. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12