Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Dodgy ref in Cobh

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dodgy ref in Cobh

Anyone know if the Dublin ref Meighan has a past history with Athlone or a direct connection with someone involved in Cobh? Two penalties turned down, two penalties awarded (the second one rediculous), continual fouling of our front men unpunished and a wrong yellow card. These were the main points in a blatantly biased display. The worst I have ever witnesed in any match in any code. Things are bad enough without this type of carry on. Athlone Town should formally request that this official be removed from the panel.
    For twenty minutes the Town played the best football we've seen this year. Adrian Murphy had two great chances which were cleared. Des Hope then conceded a needless penalty and the whole game changed. It was a harrowing evening for fans and players but the scoreline in no way represented the full story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

cough

I know how u feel mate we've been done down ther before by dodgy rrefs, sorry dodgy ref.....Kelly from Athlone is our man. he reffed us twice in the alst two years and got suspended twice as a result of his anti limerick bias! but cobh seem to get refs like that fr some reason! cheer up ye got a great new stadium on the way.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Though to be fair to us, Tony Kelly isn't from Athlone, he's from down the road in Moate!
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He takes great care to point out that fact too..Suppose i would if i was him too..
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The ref maybe was a small bit hard on Athlone but for us Cobh it was great its about time them refs gave us something. Once them Cork refs keep away from us the better they have already cost us many points this season
    CRFC On Tour 2004
    Shealy for supporter of the year 2004

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you spelt it's wrong bud.

ye played your best football of the season but werr not good enough for us....

brilliant ref!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Da ref waz brillent if tom silke didnt half eoghan conlon in da six yard box it wouldnt have been a penalty. and wat about a card for the first dileberate hand ball and the second penalty waz deffinatly a yellow if you ask me ye wer luckey to get away wit just one sending off ye gave away 10 needless frees although i agree it wasnt a sending off for the first. but now u should how we feel were being robbed all season and nobody gives a dawm we cant afford to appeal like premier divison clubs can. if i was ye i wouldnt appeal becuase more then likely they will come down harder on ye . like they do to us. pat dolan appeals his ban gets it off . Dave hill appeals a 1 match ban and gets a 4 match ban and a fine . i agree the ref are shocking and somthing needs to be done we have been on about it here in cobh for years
    watch out for
    Alan Kelly And Eddie foley doggey out.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian
    He takes great care to point out that fact too..Suppose i would if i was him too..
    Could be worse, Stacey could still be reffing...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.