Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1789

Thread: Jack Grealish

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    What sort of Airline would be?

Struggles to get off the ground, too heavy at the back, wobbles about in the air, only one wing works properly
    co-pilot prone to going AWOL, prone to heavy landings in small European countries with the undercarriage likely to come off!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    Who is this Sean?
    My name isn't that, I fail to understand how posters on here could believe such foolish things.

Your all getting touchy as I tell it like it is, plus I know my footie.

If a players decent or good I say it, if he's over hyped or poor I say it too.

I don't like players who treat Ireland as their second choice or have played underage for England opting for Ireland just to get international football.

If posters on here don't like me for that then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You know your footie but you can't think of a single Sean who treats Ireland as his first choice and hasn't played underage for England who's looking for a club?
    The Doc never explained his/Sean's late passport application, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    I was thinking he might be called Ryan
    Ryanair was named after Tony Ryan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Who is this Sean?
    My name isn't that, I fail to understand how posters on here could believe such foolish things.

Your all getting touchy as I tell it like it is, plus I know my footie.

If a players decent or good I say it, if he's over hyped or poor I say it too.

I don't like players who treat Ireland as their second choice or have played underage for England opting for Ireland just to get international football.

If posters on here don't like me for that then so be it.
    Yes sir. You certainly know your football judging on your quality analysis, and dismissal therein, of the performance of an inexperienced 19 year old in the last 20 minutes of a game where his side were being battered.

Thumbs up for you Mr doc.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Yes sir. You certainly know your football judging on your quality analysis, and dismissal therein, of the performance of an inexperienced 19 year old in the last 20 minutes of a game where his side were being battered.

Thumbs up for you Mr doc.
    If you'd been paying attention on here you'd know that I've seen the fake paddy play numerous times.

Anyone see Wilson do his invisible man impression today?

Never a CB!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If you'd been paying attention on here you'd know that I've seen the fake paddy play numerous times.

Never a CB!
    Thinking you missed a couple of posts there, Doctor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts

Never a CB!
    I don't generally pay attention to spoofers.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post

Ryanair was named after Tony Ryan.
    As I though! It's beginning to make sense now. O'Leary is the CEO

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    [QUOTE}
    The Doc never explained his/Sean's late passport application, did .[/QUOTE]

How would I know?
    Like many 2nd and 3rd generation Irish born abroad I'd assume most wouldn't need or bother to apply for an Irish passport as they would consider theirselves as Irish and see no need for an Irish passport.

Sport is different and if you were lucky enough to be asked to represent your grandad, granny's, mammys or da's country and you too considered yourself to be Irish then you'd look to get an Irish passport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    How would I know?
    Like many 2nd and 3rd generation Irish born abroad I'd assume most wouldn't need or bother to apply for an Irish passport as they would consider theirselves as Irish and see no need for an Irish passport.

Sport is different and if you were lucky enough to be asked to represent your grandad, granny's, mammys or da's country and you too considered yourself to be Irish then you'd look to get an Irish passport.
    Now, I have absolutely nothing against St. Ledger, nor would I ever hold it against him that he only got a passport sorted once he was invited to join up. He seems like a good lad and has always given his all for Ireland. However, I do have a low tolerance for the type of guff you spout. If St. Ledger was, as you so emphatically insist, so dead-set on playing only for Ireland his whole life, why didn't he come forward and declare his intentions to the FAI in his teens so that he could line out for our youth sides?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...l-want-7888577

We will soon be rid of this fake paddy joker!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Eng u21 boss Gareth Southgate on Jack Grealish: “The family & Jack are aware of our interest. Jack is somebody we have spoken to over the

"These things are quite fluid at younger ages, it happened with Michael Keane and his brother (Will) and Jonathan Bond came from Wales...

“Lots of other home nations are running development camps at a young age so players develop an allegiance quite young..

“You are allowed to switch once when you are a young player and Jack is someone we are monitoring and we’ll keep our eye on that situation."

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    That's evidence that England have been actively tapping our Grealish for years and years and he's stayed with us..... so far.
    He could'a jumped ship before these u21 championships started and been a part of the English set up, as they stand now on the cusp of Euro Cup Finals glory.
    Last edited by geysir; 06/10/2014 at 2:20 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    That's evidence that England have been actively touting our Grealish for years and years and he's stayed with us..... so far.
    He could'a jumped ship before these u21 championships started and been a part of the English set up, as they stand now on the cusp of Euro Cup Finals glory.
    That's what puzzles me about the whole thing. He seems to be happily devoted to our underage sides. Maybe his head has been turned slightly but it's never materialised to a switch of allegiance.

That's why I'm unsure whether or not he will jump ship. I will concede that he's always been offered a higher level of football by the FAI i.e. higher age-groups but I'm sure, given how concrete their interest is, that England would have accomodated this also. The following have received England under-21 caps at a young age in recent times:
    Luke Shaw (17)
    Will Hughes (17)
    Cauley Woodrow (19)
    James Ward-Prowse (18)
    Nathan Chalobah (17)
    Raheem Sterling (17)

Either way, he's in our current under-21 squad. Not their's. Let's see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Grealish has been "withdrawn by his club" from the squad for Thursday's game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Contract negotiations (which are not being handled by him) and a behind closed doors match is not a valid reason to pull out of Intl. duty imo. I know three other lads have pulled out of the same squad but I imagine under the pretense of some niggle.

Now it could have relevance on what he's leaning towards and it could be completely irrelevant. It's a friendly and he shouldn't be getting selected for the U21 team if his heart isn't in accepting a senior call up anyways so......

Seen this comment on VillaTalk for whatever it's worth.

"His Father (Kevin) is the driving force behind any decisions and is currently acting as his agent, he is being courted by some of footballs biggest management companies but not by any other club yet! His Father has also been behind his decision on the Irish National team as if he was called up by England his stock would rise higher."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Starting to think he just shouldn't be called up if he's not made his decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    “You are allowed to switch once when you are a young player and Jack is someone we are monitoring and we’ll keep our eye on that situation."
    Have you got Southgate's number? I think I need to make a call...

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Contract negotiations (which are not being handled by him) and a behind closed doors match is not a valid reason to pull out of Intl. duty imo. I know three other lads have pulled out of the same squad but I imagine under the pretense of some niggle.

Now it could have relevance on what he's leaning towards and it could be completely irrelevant. It's a friendly and he shouldn't be getting selected for the U21 team if his heart isn't in accepting a senior call up anyways so......

Seen this comment on VillaTalk for whatever it's worth.

"His Father (Kevin) is the driving force behind any decisions and is currently acting as his agent, he is being courted by some of footballs biggest management companies but not by any other club yet! His Father has also been behind his decision on the Irish National team as if he was called up by England his stock would rise higher."
    Do Villa have a behind-closed-doors game the same night? Is it a friendly/reserve game or what?

Who made the comment on VillaTalk? Is it saying that his da has been behind his decision to play for Ireland and that this is his da's preference? It doesn't really explain things very well, does it? Why would Jack's stock rising be a bad thing necessarily, so that his da would urge him to go with the option that would cause his stock to rise least? If it's of no concern to his da who just wants him to play for Ireland, why bother mentioning it as if it's relevant?

Edit: Sorry, maybe I'm misinterpreting. I'm guessing it means his da was behind his decision to hold off on our senior team rather than having been behind his decision to play for us/continue playing for us (albeit at under-21 level).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Have you got Southgate's number? I think I need to make a call...
    He's not worth it Danny, contain yourself!

21. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Starting to think he just shouldn't be called up if he's not made his decision.
    I agree, he should be given an ultimatum, accept the offer of a senior appearance for Ireland and if he declines, then we should withdraw him from our under age squads and inform him he will not be considered for Ireland again.

I personally don't think he's that good, has 2 tricks which any good defender will work out and deal with.

Just a flash in the pan, some potential but thats all.
    Can he step up when he's been worked out? That's the question!

Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast