Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Looks Doyle-adjacent.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Linked to a loan to Paul Cook's Chesterfield in League Two. I'd be slightly surprised by that after Burke and Carruthers both went to League One, but then again they have first team experience.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...-talks-5712192

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Kevan, (I'm assuming it really is his brother) is indicating two Championship clubs are interested in a loan deal and posters on villatalk are guessing which club it might be. It seems Charlton and Brighton are the two and an announcement will occur very soon.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/t...ealish/page-45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Yeah, he's Jack's brother, he posts on YBIG as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    No harm to the lad, but if my brother was playing professional football at such a level, the last thing I'd be doing is parading all his business around internet fora.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    No harm to the lad, but if my brother was playing professional football at such a level, the last thing I'd be doing is parading all his business around internet fora.
    He's also said on it, that while Jack has committed to the Under 21's, he's very much undecided about his senior career - even though we seem to be winning the race at the moment - lets hope it stays that way.

So don't get over excited about him being a future full international for us just yet
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    scored a hat trick at the weekend against Bolton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qywmF7wcw
    Second goal in particular is excellent.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    scored a hat trick at the weekend against Bolton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2qywmF7wcw
    Second goal in particular is excellent.
    Third goal wasn't spectacular but showed really good composure to take it around the keeper and the defenders on the line.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Any chance of a senior cap as a sub in the last qualifying game next month?Hopefully he will be out on loan at that stage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    possibly, if Noel King is given the job as a caretaker. he called him into the u21's and convinced him he was going to be an integral part of the team
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Any chance of a senior cap as a sub in the last qualifying game next month?Hopefully he will be out on loan at that stage
    Is he that good; ready for senior international football already?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    He turned 18 this week.He is the best talent at that age we have had since mcgeady broke in around that age at celtic. Think Mcgeady has suffered from obsession with beating players with tricks and pace which he is very good at to be fair but it took him along time to develop a more mature heads up football brain. Grealish does not have Mcgeadys tricks or his acceleration/pace and he completely lacks physical presence but he has a a football intelligence aligned with excellent technical ability that makes his age irrelevent.

Grealish as the number 10 behind a lone striker would with no disrespect to wes bring us to another level. This lad is made for international football and the offensive freedom that allows. Look at alaba for austria the other night he played with utter freedom, no tracking/marking responsibility and no semblence of defensive duty and no concern with losing possesion in an attempt to unlock defences. Grealish is the only talent I can see that we have who has the ability to justify that freedom. And no for all the reasons I said above and on the basis of Lamberts love of pace and power I dont think we will see much of him at villa this season

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I think it's a bit premature to be talking him up for the senior squad when he's only just begun troubling the U21s.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I think it's a bit premature to be talking him up for the senior squad when he's only just begun troubling the U21s.
    You have a rare chance to give a lad who has the kind of talent we get once maybe in a generation some competitive game time and have him in the fold nearly a year before the next serious international fixture. Where is the downside?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He might not be physically ready and break his leg, or else he just can't stand the pace, has a shocker and is humiliated, setting back his development. He's a young lad and still trying to earn his place at his club - if he's good enough and physically able, by all means throw him in, but don't do it as a token gesture. I'm not talking down his talent at all, I just think we need to be a bit realistic and say he has exactly 0 games of senior football to his name and throwing him in against Germany might not be a great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Looks to be signing on loan at Notts County today, could make his debut against MK Dons tomorrow

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    And crazy post of the year goes to...........this guy!!! As great a talent he may be how many senior games has he played yet?

How you can make an assumption and elevate him above an experienced PL player like Hoolohan is beyond me. Plus I don't get what you are saying about the Alaba comparision playing for the best team in Europe

Regardless of whether Grealish makes it or not your post highlights the hype and unrealistic expectations that is afforded to some young promising players (Based on youth underage football) and then the shock horror when they don't become a top player because they weren't that good in the first place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    confirmed, three month loan deal: http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/...r-1050923.aspx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    And crazy post of the year goes to...........this guy!!! As great a talent he may be how many senior games has he played yet?

How you can make an assumption and elevate him above an experienced PL player like Hoolohan is beyond me. Plus I don't get what you are saying about the Alaba comparision playing for the best team in Europe

Regardless of whether Grealish makes it or not your post highlights the hype and unrealistic expectations that is afforded to some young promising players (Based on youth underage football) and then the shock horror when they don't become a top player because they weren't that good in the first place
    Listen if you dont agree fair enough not much need for the melodramatics. I was wondering would he get 15 minutes against the Khazakhstan not start against Germany. In a years time id hope he would be in a position to be a regular starter and I think been in the squad and getting a run out in a competitve game will only aid that development. The point about Alaba was that if you allow your most creative player to have no defensive duties like Austria did then the risk of playing a young player in that position is not that signnificant certainly not for 15 minutes against Khazakhstan. You have to try your best to develop special players and this is one of the rare opportunities we will have to develop a special talent with minimal risk and have him on board for many future campaigns.

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast