Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    His brother posts on ybig. Jack is arguably the most talked about academy talent in England. The fact he hasn't defected is indicative of how Irish he feels, as if anything being an England youth player might be more beneficial for him at this stage of his career.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    hopefully he gets called up for the 19s qualifying tournament in june hard to justify leaving him out. surely he will be involved with villa first team squad in pre season.he is very light though. to me he looks a far superior footballer than say sterling or ibe at the pool who obviously have far more pace

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Sorry I got it wrong as Villa made the Shield Final, not the real Final! Grealish really is the main man if you read this piece from the Villa site. Surprised he is the only Irish player involved in this tournament, does anyone know why?

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetai...191437,00.html

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    International duty, I assume.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    How many pages had the McCarthy thread before his cap against Macedonia?
    This thread has the potential to beat that...

Ped_ped's post here (http://foot.ie/threads/68192-James-M...=1#post1469716) is the first post made after McCarthy became tied to us.

Grealish's thread won't get going until he starts playing for Villas 1st team.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    http://www.fai.ie/international/unde...ite-round.html

No Grealish. So he is good enough to be in a under 21 squad but not in Mr Doolins under 19 squad. Is there an explanation for this? Is it to test his resolve to play for Ireland? When you think of the efforts the other underage managers have put in to welcome Grealish into the set up it is sickening to see Doolin playing the hard man here again. No paul george either hopefully he not injured again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    George played in the last few games for the Celtic reserves, I'm not aware of any injury
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Trap needs to do a Terry Dixon here, possibly against the Faroe Islands! Won't happen, but Trap would leave a nice legacy if he did.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Grealish starts for the Villa senior side today against Wycombe in their pre season friendly

Clark also starts
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    called into the U21 squad for the qualifier against the Faroes: https://twitter.com/JackGrealish1/st...87532542717952
    Been called up to Ireland u21s next month for game vs Faroe Islands!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Any chance of him getting some serious game time at Villa this year? Lambert not afraid to throw youngsters in going on his record last year.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    called into the U21 squad for the qualifier against the Faroes: https://twitter.com/JackGrealish1/st...87532542717952
    Fair play to Noel King. Reward for a great season last year and good start this year in pre season.Will he be deemed good enough for the 19s this year unlike last season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    http://Grealish pledges his future to boys in green
    According to this he was thinking about switching.
    Did Noel King confirm this in May like the article says?

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Any chance of him getting some serious game time at Villa this year? Lambert not afraid to throw youngsters in going on his record last year.
    He hasn't got a squad number (only Carruthers of the young Irish do) but you never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGKyne View Post
    http://Grealish pledges his future to boys in green
    According to this he was thinking about switching.
    Did Noel King confirm this in May like the article says?
    From that article:

Earning a competitive U-21 cap wouldn't fully prevent him jumping ship to his homeland, yet any switch could only happen at senior level.
    I don't think that's technically correct, but I'm open to correction and would need to look up the statutes again when I have a better chance in order to be certain. Not attempting to doubt Grealish's commitment - his selection can only be positive for what we hope will be his future with us - but even if he represents our under-21s in competition, such representation would only rule him out for selection by England's under-21s in the same competition, as far as I understand. England's under-21s would still be entitled to select him for a later under-21 competition. At 17, he'd obviously still be young enough for selection by them in future tournaments. In fact, wouldn't they still be able to select him for their other under-age sides as well - their under-19s perhaps - just so long as he was still under the relevant age and hadn't played for Ireland at that level in the same competition for which England sought to select him? Anyway, it's all just theoretical so long as he's happy and committed to remain with us.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    such representation would only rule him out for selection by England's under-21s in the same competition, as far as I understand. England's under-21s would still be entitled to select him for a later under-21 competition. At 17, he'd obviously still be young enough for selection by them in future tournaments. In fact, wouldn't they still be able to select him for their other under-age sides as well - their under-19s perhaps - just so long as he was still under the relevant age and hadn't played for Ireland at that level in the same competition for which England sought to select him?
    I was thinking the same when I read it. A technical point, but I think you're right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I was thinking the same when I read it. A technical point, but I think you're right.
    Indeed, regarding a player switching association, the Regulations Governing the Application of the Statutes state merely:

8. Change of Association

1. If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new nationality, or if a Player is eligible to play for several representative teams due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality, subject to the following conditions:

a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition at “A” international level for his current Association, and at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for his current Association, he already had the nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.

b) He is not permitted to play for his new Association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous Association.
    That would still entitle Grealish to line out for, say, England's under-19s or under-21s in competition for which he had not already represented Ireland, even if he had already represented us in separate under-21 competition.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Grealish scores again for the senior team, Lambert must at least, be considering him for the bench come the opeining games of the season. Burke and Carruthers got a run out too. Is Drennan injured?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...le-in-city-win
    Last edited by gastric; 01/08/2013 at 9:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ew-aston-villa

It will also be interesting to see whether Jack Grealish, a prodigiously talented 17-year-old winger, is given the odd outing.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    A Póg Mo Goal write-up on Grealish: http://pogmogoal.com/the-blog-reel/v...ireland/13709/

25. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast