Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote from Jack's brother on Villa forum:

" Jack's Done a complete U-Turn and decided to stick with ireland after me submitting his form back to England. yeahh i know im as clueless as you lot on this one but hes sticking with ireland for the near future for sure"
    "Can I have a Kit-Kat, chunky?"

"you mean a big one"

"No a normal kit-kat you fat bitch"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Only for the near future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    From a KevanGrealish (presumably a close relative) on the Villa forum:

"But theres so many paddys demanding jack to play for ireland, on this,greenscene and you boys in green forum !"

Hmmmm...mildly offensive
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    As far as I know, that's his brother

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Kevin is Jacks brother and considers himself a paddy as well,absolutely not offensive as the Grealish family would consider themselves very Irish.As for Jack committing to Ireland for the near future,he is going to be around for a long time.It took some guts for a 15 year old boy,who is considered to be "the best prospect"that Aston Villa have produced in a long number of years to make this decision despite coming under an amount of pressure from his coaches,peers etc.It augers well for his future if this is the measure of resilience that he has.Well done Jack

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasherboy View Post
    Kevin is Jacks brother and considers himself a paddy as well,absolutely not offensive as the Grealish family would consider themselves very Irish.As for Jack committing to Ireland for the near future,he is going to be around for a long time.It took some guts for a 15 year old boy,who is considered to be "the best prospect"that Aston Villa have produced in a long number of years to make this decision despite coming under an amount of pressure from his coaches,peers etc.It augers well for his future if this is the measure of resilience that he has.Well done Jack

I'm not being smart but how are you so sure of this?

I've read his brothers' comments as well and the impression I get from them is that he would be happier if he chose England....I might be wrong but that's the impression I get.
    I have a head only Snow White would love

8. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Rasherboy is the older of the two brothers, and he is the Irish one influencing him
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    few comments from him in the star today sayin how much he loves playing for ireland and how at villa they could put out an ireland team with all the irish lads including him in it. He has seemingly been extremely impressive for the 17s winning 2 peno s and been a creative force.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Jack's brother just put this on the Villa Talk forums:

"Hey guys Kev again,
    Ermm for those of you that dont know via jacks twitter or through anywhere else. Within the past hour Jack has been assigned a sqaud number and has been given the shirt number 41. He could be on the bench tomorrow against chelsea we have been told."

With Petrov just being diagnosed with leukaemia (very sad news btw - seems a great guy, hope he gets better soon), seems there may be a first team opportunity for Jack and also perhaps Samir Carruthers who made the bench last week.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Jack's brother just put this on the Villa Talk forums:

"Hey guys Kev again,
    Ermm for those of you that dont know via jacks twitter or through anywhere else. Within the past hour Jack has been assigned a sqaud number and has been given the shirt number 41. He could be on the bench tomorrow against chelsea we have been told."

With Petrov just being diagnosed with leukaemia (very sad news btw - seems a great guy, hope he gets better soon), seems there may be a first team opportunity for Jack and also perhaps Samir Carruthers who made the bench last week.
    Good news for Grealish & Carruthers.
    Shame it had to come from the bad news about Stan Petrov, I wish him all the best!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Grealish, Samir Carruthers and Derrick Williams all make the Villa bench today. The side is packed full of young academy players - it wouldn't surprise me if one was to get a debut today.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Grealish, Samir Carruthers and Derrick Williams all make the Villa bench today. The side is packed full of young academy players - it wouldn't surprise me if one was to get a debut today.
    I hope that Villa do enough to stay up (and they probably will)

If you are relying on Stephen Ireland to give backbone to your midfield you are be in trouble.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Grealish has shown massive commitment to ireland over the last 2 years since he was a 14 yo playing for our under 15s turning down england at under 16 level and again last summer been named in an under 17 squad on the fa site and turning that down as well. He is our best prospect since duff/keane. He is one of the best prospects in the academy system in the uk for years. He is for instance a far better footballer than another winger sterling who played last week for liverpool and is a year older. He has been and will continue to be under massive pressure to switch allegiance to the fa. Paul doolin next season needs to ensure that he nurtures Grealishs committment to ireland and does not crush it with terrible man management skills like he showed last season with brady, duffy, mcginty, keane and mceleney. He would do well to use john morling the under 16/17 managers man management skills as a guide. Losing Grealish because he does not feel wanted or loved by a manager like Doolin would be unforgivable. The lad needs to have his committment matched and supported by management and the FAI

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I foresee this thread matching the James McCarthy one for irrational paranoia. Grealish has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's anything other than 100% committed to Ireland and Doolin has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's going to alienate him. I know inventing ludicrous scenarios is fun but cool your jets.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I foresee this thread matching the James McCarthy one for irrational paranoia. Grealish has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's anything other than 100% committed to Ireland and Doolin has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's going to alienate him. I know inventing ludicrous scenarios is fun but cool your jets.
    True. It must be said though in Doolins defence he has not met Grealish yet!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Jack tweeted recently that he wants Ireland to do well in the under 17 Euro's but that he wants England to win the senior one. Then there's the issue of the form being returned to the English FA.

Grealish seems to be fairly happy in the Irish camp but the insecurity is mostly due to the fact that Grealish is comfortably talented enough to be making the underage English sides and could be viewed as having the potential to earn senior caps.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Either this kid is on his way to united or going to play for England (or both), can't think of any other reason Rio would reach out to him and randomly take a kid and his fam to dinner

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Either this kid is on his way to united or going to play for England (or both), can't think of any other reason Rio would reach out to him and randomly take a kid and his fam to dinner
    Rio has an Irish grandmother too so maybe he regrets playing for England and wants to ensure Jack doesn't make the same mistake

Any link to this anyway?
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Haha, I like your thinking, ET.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTerracer View Post
    Any link to this anyway?
    Manblue was seated at the next table.