Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Why do you think Grealish will be involved? I don't think he's been mentioned by the coaches at all, has he? If guys like Eunan O'Kane and Sean Murray aren't there I'd be surprised to see Grealish.

And you don't think Carruthers will be kept on at Villa?
    U are completely right Charles Carruthers Burke and Dreenan signed two year deals last summer my apologies. I assume Paul doolin has pulled rank and asked o neill to be allowed have grealish for the 19s qualifiers at end of may in Dublin. Will be great to see grealish and jack Byrne in same side with Alex I Hanlon. Well done Mr doolin

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Grealish hasn't played U19 for us, has he?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Was called into the squad but i think he never actually played. Definitely not in qualifiers, not sure about friendlies

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Was called into the squad but i think he never actually played. Definitely not in qualifiers, not sure about friendlies
    He was a sub for the there games in the first round qualifiers in 2012. Was some suggestion he had falling out with doolin but IM sure that's all sorted out so having him back for the qualifiers will be great.. Should have a serious chance of qualifying with the attacking quality in the present 19s. Hopefully b nice weather

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    He was a sub for the there games in the first round qualifiers in 2012. Was some suggestion he had falling out with doolin but IM sure that's all sorted out so having him back for the qualifiers will be great.. Should have a serious chance of qualifying with the attacking quality in the present 19s. Hopefully b nice weather
    Was there actually suggestion there was a falling out or do you just assume every time a player doesn't get his game that Doolin has had an argument with him?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Was there actually suggestion there was a falling out or do you just assume every time a player doesn't get his game that Doolin has had an argument with him?
    Exactly.Every time a player who is clearly one of the most talented in his age group is left out I wonder out loud if there has been a falling out. History tells me this has been the case with brady and duffy in the past. I know we didnt have many more talented under 19s than grealish last season or this season which makes me wonder if there was a falling out considering he was not involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Right, but when you say there was a "suggestion" you mean the only person who suggested it was you?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Right, but when you say there was a "suggestion" you mean the only person who suggested it was you?
    Well i certainly suggested it but I am pretty sure his brother who posts on here and on villatalk made reference to tough times under doolin testing his commitment and noel king subsequently stepping in this time last season and bringing him into the 21s been a major boost for jack. Paul Doolin falls out with talented young irish players that is what the last few years tell me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yeah but there's been no suggestion he fell out with Grealish and you're just muddying the waters by suggesting he did.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts
    Charles I wouldnt dare muddy the waters! Are you suggesting that grealish was left out of last years elite qualifiers and this years first round qualifiers and was an unused sub in all three first round qualifiers last season simply because we have an abundance of better players than him at under 19 level? If that was the situation we truely would have a golden generation , alas I fear not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    We have more of a golden shower.
    What hotel do you randy chaps think the lads are staying in nyc? Maybe I can get an autograph.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Charles I wouldnt dare muddy the waters! Are you suggesting that grealish was left out of last years elite qualifiers and this years first round qualifiers and was an unused sub in all three first round qualifiers last season simply because we have an abundance of better players than him at under 19 level? If that was the situation we truely would have a golden generation , alas I fear not.
    I'd say he was left out because Doolin didn't deem him ready to play in the team, whether it was his physical development or he just thought it was a bit early for him. I really don't buy this image of Doolin as going around starting fights with his best players for no reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Well i certainly suggested it but I am pretty sure his brother who posts on here and on villatalk made reference to tough times under doolin testing his commitment and noel king subsequently stepping in this time last season and bringing him into the 21s been a major boost for jack.
    Does Jack's brother post on here? Isn't it on YBIG he's posted from time to time?

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Think he posted a few times on YBIG...not sure he is a regular poster.
    Last edited by back of the net; 10/05/2014 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's started: https://vine.co/v/MphnOTOjD2U

Villa knocked out in the quarters of the Hong Kong Sevens, but Grealish finished top scorer nonetheless with six.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,747 Posts
    I wouldnt read anything into that outrageous piece of skill and quality finishing. The opposition weren't really trying and might have been tired and it's not as if it was the World Cup Final.

17. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I wouldnt either, the defending was woeful, falling over eachother, and plenty of mis-timed tackles. Good balance though by grealish.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,376 Posts
    Given: Jack will be a star for Villa - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...-given-7236201
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    924 Posts
    Ive been confident all along that we will keep this lad but the last week has made me wonder a little bit. Hes been talkin alot about England on his twitter account with the friendly etc and how he cant wait for the game on Saturday.

You would have to wonder that if he hit the ground running in the Premiership next season and scored a couple of good goals would he realistically turn down England if they came calling for a friendly or whatever. He probably should have been brought along to the States just to get involved in the set up.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Ive been confident all along that we will keep this lad but the last week has made me wonder a little bit. Hes been talkin alot about England on his twitter account with the friendly etc and how he cant wait for the game on Saturday.
    Just had a scan through. I can only see two or three tweets concerning England. He also tweeted that he thinks Argentina or Spain will win, so he can't be that much of an England fan! Also, he seems more of a football fan in general, tweeting about different clubs and showing respect for Jari Litmanen (who was playing for Liverpool when Grealish was about 6 or 7 years old).
    I wouldn't worry too much.

Page 22 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast