Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: selfish supporters

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

selfish supporters

the cross would be a much better place to watch football without the fenn-bashing ****-off-back-to-waterford chorus line. in my opinion, supporters who scream abuse/boo players during a game are selfish. the only positive effect of their abuse is to make themselves feel better, like a 2-year-old who wants the sweeties in the shop window. it doesn't help the player or the team. does anyone honestly think a professional footballer needs career advice from some of the mentally unstable muppets currently showing up at the cross???
    as for lack of effort, i think fenn has been carrying a leg injury of some sort, and if he is being unprofessional, there's plenty guys on the team who'd be only too happy to sort him out, not to mention pat himself. fenn's got 3 goals so far and is nowhere near his best. when he is settled in and playing well he will be a huge asset to cork city.
    the abuse he apparently got last friday was embarassing for the club. a friend of mine was at the game and was sitting behind fenn's parents - he said he spent the game wondering how the two of them stayed and listened to what was coming from the city "supporters".
    no player is bigger than a club, but no fan is either. city players deserve support, whatever your individual opinion might be. let the boo-boys stay home and shout at their wives/parents/reflections, let the rest of us enjoy watching and supporting our club.

thecorner
    i think u will see we have numerous threads on this already.why not join one of them?????????