Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Latest (4th/5th March)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    What an event and action packed game in Finn Park.
    2 Red Cards, the worst referee EVER, Pat Scully being his usual ars€hole self, 4 goals, great atmosphere and my throat is wrecked.

Limerick were far better side in 1st half but we were more clinical, 1st Division beware, Kevin McHugh is in absolutely superb shape. He will terrorize defences this season.
    Second half Harps were the better side playing some lovely ball.
    Mark Forker was sent off after he clearly won the ball, now, unfortunately his momentum carried him into Sheehan and injured the lad but it was never even a foul never mind a red.
    Harps also had a fantastic chance where McHugh was cleaned out of it, the ball broke to Tommy Bonner one on one with Ryan surely 3-1. nope, the ref called it back and only booked the defender. He didn't blow the whistle until Tommy was on the edge of the Limerick box.
    Stephen "spits at the scumbag" O'Flynn then gets a red card for head-butting Packie Mailey.
    Limericks 2nd goal was also bizarre, Tommy Bonner and O'Leary went in for a 50-50 header, a header which Tommy won before they clashed heads. The ball was with our right back Doherty when the ref blew up to allow for treatment.
    The re-start was a contested drop ball which Limerick got the break and scored.
    Harps created chances but in the end the general opinion was that we were robbed. We should have been 3-1 up with 11 players, yet ended up 2-2 with 10.

New season, and probably the worst referee performance of the season already.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Adrian Kennedy calling LOI aload of shi*e
    Funny, do a poll at any LOI match and they'd probably call him a load of shi*e too.

Ropey performance from the Rovers today and Dundalk were the far superior team while they had 11 men and up until half time. I take back my reservations about Finn - he was quality in the centre with McCabe and O'Neill also impressive. We looked like a team that hasn't played much together but definitely got the quality there once it clicks. Disappointed not to see Sheppard (was he on the bench?) and look forward to getting a look at Kilduff and O'Donnell when they return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Who was the No. 8 for Bohs tonight?
    Class player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Pats 3 up. Im sickened.

F*ck the alphabet.
    We are toppa the league, say we are toppa the league!!! Yee-har.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Worst referee ever. Wherever he is next week, beware. Unbelievable decisions.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post

Ropey performance from the Rovers today and Dundalk were the far superior team while they had 11 men and up until half time. I take back my reservations about Finn - he was quality in the centre with McCabe and O'Neill also impressive. We looked like a team that hasn't played much together but definitely got the quality there once it clicks. Disappointed not to see Sheppard (was he on the bench?) and look forward to getting a look at Kilduff and O'Donnell when they return.
    Rovers were deserved winners in the end, as you would expect with an extra man advantage for nearly 70 minutes. Poor mistake from Cherrie and red card was correct call. Based on the first 20 minutes (maybe even the first 45 minutes) Dundalk were defo the better team and must rue the failure to convert the chances. Apart from Cherries red card, poor keeping from replacement Murphy for the 1st Rovers goal, and a moment of madness from Hawkins for the 2nd one.

Impressed with O'Neill, Twigg and Finn, although Gary McCabe carried on his diving from last season (he really deserves to be in the same side as Killian Brennan). For Dundalk good stuff from Jayo and Dean Bennett, while Kearns again showed glimses of why he is going to be a premier and international star.

Disappointed with the result, but encouraged by the performance especially when it was 11 v 11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Normality returns thank Feck. No more Termonbarry talk til November.
    Roll on the Flansiro tomorrow!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Rovers were deserved winners in the end, as you would expect with an extra man advantage for nearly 70 minutes. Poor mistake from Cherrie and red card was correct call. Based on the first 20 minutes (maybe even the first 45 minutes) Dundalk were defo the better team and must rue the failure to convert the chances. Apart from Cherries red card, poor keeping from replacement Murphy for the 1st Rovers goal, and a moment of madness from Hawkins for the 2nd one.

Impressed with O'Neill, Twigg and Finn, although Gary McCabe carried on his diving from last season (he really deserves to be in the same side as Killian Brennan). For Dundalk good stuff from Jayo and Dean Bennett, while Kearns again showed glimses of why he is going to be a premier and international star.

Disappointed with the result, but encouraged by the performance especially when it was 11 v 11
    Agree completely on Kearns. The first half was boring for long spells and I took to just watching his movement and he looks like he's going to be a super, super player. I think he'll learn everything he can at a good footballing Dundalk team and try again in the Championship next year or the year after.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaJon View Post
    Who was the No. 8 for Bohs tonight?
    Class player.
    Chris Fagan, looks a class act alright.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Pats had it all too easy in Galway on a glorious night for football. I thought we did really well in the first half, but I don't think Pats were flattered by the result. Daryl Kavanagh was brilliant all the way through and probably deserved a goal. McFaul cruised through the whole match and seems to always play brilliantly in Terryland.

For us I thought Shaun Maher & Shaun Kelly had great first halfs & Bobby Ryan did his best too but Murphy's goal coming so early in the second half stunned us & McMillan's so soon after was a knockout blow.

Long road ahead, but plenty to build on from the first half display.
    Less Whining
    Less Moaning

What are YOU doing to make it better?

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Top. Of. The. League.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by de bowez View Post
    Chris Fagan, looks a class act alright.
    Ex-Man United and Glenn Hoddle academy. Great pedigree and well worth a punt for Bohs.

I'm hearing ~5300 for Rovers-Dundalk and ~1500 for Galway-Pats. Great crowd for Galway considering how they were haemorrhaging fans last season - let's hope they can keep attracting them back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Saint View Post
    Top. Of. The. League.
    No you're not.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Poor first half in Terryland tonight but we played some nice stuff after the break, Daryl Kavanagh is a star in the making he was brilliant tonight
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    No you're not.
    Seems ok by me...

Tasty prospect of O'Neill bringing the ball down and laying it off and finding Twigg in the second half tonight and good to see the celebrations with each other after the goals...they're hitting it off. I thought Jayo was appalling after scoring the penalty where he basically switched off and didn't bother. Pity he missed the penalty that really mattered

Great strike for the third for Twigg and should've had probably 4. Not the hammering we owe Dundalk, but it'll do
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Can't beat a late winner like that...bring on the Shams
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Shams were impressive tonight; not that I'll be making a regular habit of going to tallaght but the atmosphere in the ground was impressive too.
    I thought Twigg finally looked like a link - up striker (as opposed to a route-one scavenger) and that was down to the fact that he had McCabe and Finn in the middle and O'Neill as a powerful and skillful centre foward. Intersting to see how Finn began to dominate in te second half and Twigg actually adjusted his game to suit the speed of O'Neill's and Mc Cabe's passing. Rovers will win the league, I see no alternative to that. Oman is a bit of a donkey though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    I don't think you will beat them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post
    Shams were impressive tonight; not that I'll be making a regular habit of going to tallaght but the atmosphere in the ground was impressive too.
    I thought Twigg finally looked like a link - up striker (as opposed to a route-one scavenger) and that was down to the fact that he had McCabe and Finn in the middle and O'Neill as a powerful and skillful centre foward. Intersting to see how Finn began to dominate in te second half and Twigg actually adjusted his game to suit the speed of O'Neill's and Mc Cabe's passing. Rovers will win the league, I see no alternative to that. Oman is a bit of a donkey though.
    I don't think Twigg has ever been a route one scavenger - that's just the way O'Neill has decided to play. It's a testament to his ability as a small-enough striker that he's managed to thrive regardless.

I don't think Rovers winning the league is a foregone conclusion by any means. Sligo have a settled squad, hugely talented players and the best manager in the league. I think our squad depth will tell over the course of a season but it will be close.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Disappointed we lost but happy with our second half performance. Lucky to go in level even though we missed a pen. Played well in the second half and hit by a sucker punch. Ah well, long way to go but we should have enough for this division

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast