Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Club Finances

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    So who are the possible 11 clubs that made a profit?

Possible:
    UCD?
    We made a decent loss last year AFAIK; the college turned around after the season started and said we wouldn't be getting what they said we'd be getting. So this year, we've to make that back twice (once for this year's cut, once for last year's cut), which is why we've no money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Also, can Sligo fans in particular (far from all of them, it must be said) actually argue points like mentally capable people and give the crap like "He's normally sniffing the a*se of his buddies", "You're coming across as very bitter, jealous and childish" and "Oh and a zoomer means your to be an overall f-ing arsehole" a rest? Attack the posts, not the poster or the thread will be locked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    He didn't, he left the bit out about raffle tickets. As long as Sligo continue to use raffle tickets as match tickets,
    Yes we didnt have tickets for yee, jesus christ boo hoo.
    Would you count that as evidence of our financial instability?
    have no turnstiles at the away end,
    Thats not the away end, its the entrance for the car park.
    The reason yee were put through that end (and nobody else) is because your fans cannot be trusted to be put through the away turnstyle because of your long and distinguished history of handbag hooliganism.
    Who knows maybe there could of been a "mob" of teenage girls the danny dyer wannabes could get pwapa nawty with or maybe some Africans might have the misfortune of crossing paths with your oh so racially tolerant lot.
    routinely under report attendances (deny all you like Sligo fans but most of you admitted here the day after the game there was way more in attendance at the LC semi than was officially announced),
    The only game im aware of that was done was the Shams LC semi.
    Every other game it was within the margin of error.
    Anyways as Red4Eva has pointed out the whole hysterical hysteria about the unreported attendance was irrelevant seeing as Shams and the FAI had counters at the gates.
    Also the official attendances are never reported by the club to the public, only to the FAI.
    pay players cash lump sum payments (as evidenced with the Chris Turner case)
    Sorry what?
    Could you please expand on this like a good lad?
    and have on paper more expensive squads than the likes of Pats
    I could be wrong but are Pats not still stuck with a sizeable debt from the past few years that they have to pay back?
    So you do understand the concept behind paying back debt, I know as a club Shams are a bit hazy on such a topic but the rest of us dont get a free ride.
    Also we get higher gates than Pats.
    and Dundalk (who are clubs with similar attendances. Dundalk also have substantial off field revenues too)
    Has Dundalk not invested substantial money into infrastructure over the past years?
    Could that not explain why we might have a bigger budget?
    Also the differences between the wages in our respective clubs is marginal IMO.
    then there is always going to be a perception that something dodgy is going on.
    Not really, its fairly self evident where this perception comes from.
    From Shams fans own self inflated importance that they are "the model club" and anyone that challenges their fabricated reality must automatically be at dodgey dealing.
    Now make no mistake, if it was Dundalk or Pats who won the League Cup and FAI Cup knocking out Shams along the way IN BOTH COMPETITIONS you would be hearing the exact same spurious bull**** from Shams fans who have a very limited memory span or are merely just the bandwagon jumpers.
    Hopefully that is not the case and everything is above board but we have seen it all to often in this league and in every case fans of the clubs in question always fervently denied anything was wrong.
    Like I said the accounts were laid out to the fans, we are not run by a closed shop we are a members run club, a hell of alot longer than Shams.
    We have seen the figures, our players have been paid in full and on time, our suppliers are paid and the infrastrucural development of the Showgies is improving every season.
    If we were indeed in financial instability then the ugly face of debts and creditors would be showing their face and Sligo is a small enough place where people would know.
    All of this is based on circumstantial petty ****e like lotto tickets, there is no evidence of our financial instability.
    Now if I thought for a second our club was mounting debt and heading to economic oblivion I would be the first to shout stop because I know unlike Shams we are not the FAI's pet frankenstein, we as a club honour our debts, unlike some.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 01/03/2011 at 9:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    This is starting to turn into the Bohs thread! *Grabs popcorn*

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    We'll we aren't going to post up our accounts and figures on this site it for members eyes only so there is nothing to discuss. it's people from other clubs posting up rumours with no backup or evidence
    Misfits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Army View Post
    it's people from other clubs posting up rumours with no backup or evidence
    What rumours were posted?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    What rumours were posted?
    This "financial investigation" the Shams fans got wind of from their "inside sources"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah, sorry I thought he was talking about 'new' rumours.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Reports suggest the overall debts of clubs has come down a lot over the last few years.
    Because lots of indebted clubs have either gone out of business or written debts off in examinership.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Because lots of indebted clubs have either gone out of business or written debts off in examinership.
    Or, if you're really cool, both.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    This "financial investigation" the Shams fans got wind of from their "inside sources"?
    Once again Rasputin, this rumour initally came from the Bohs forum but do carry on with the story it suits you to believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Yes we didnt have tickets for yee, jesus christ boo hoo.
    Would you count that as evidence of our financial instability?

Thats not the away end, its the entrance for the car park.
    The reason yee were put through that end (and nobody else) is because your fans cannot be trusted to be put through the away turnstyle because of your long and distinguished history of handbag hooliganism.
    Who knows maybe there could of been a "mob" of teenage girls the danny dyer wannabes could get pwapa nawty with or maybe some Africans might have the misfortune of crossing paths with your oh so racially tolerant lot.

The only game im aware of that was done was the Shams LC semi.
    Every other game it was within the margin of error.
    Anyways as Red4Eva has pointed out the whole hysterical hysteria about the unreported attendance was irrelevant seeing as Shams and the FAI had counters at the gates.
    Also the official attendances are never reported by the club to the public, only to the FAI.

Sorry what?
    Could you please expand on this like a good lad?

I could be wrong but are Pats not still stuck with a sizeable debt from the past few years that they have to pay back?
    So you do understand the concept behind paying back debt, I know as a club Shams are a bit hazy on such a topic but the rest of us dont get a free ride.
    Also we get higher gates than Pats.

Has Dundalk not invested substantial money into infrastructure over the past years?
    Could that not explain why we might have a bigger budget?
    Also the differences between the wages in our respective clubs is marginal IMO.

Not really, its fairly self evident where this perception comes from.
    From Shams fans own self inflated importance that they are "the model club" and anyone that challenges their fabricated reality must automatically be at dodgey dealing.
    Now make no mistake, if it was Dundalk or Pats who won the League Cup and FAI Cup knocking out Shams along the way IN BOTH COMPETITIONS you would be hearing the exact same spurious bull**** from Shams fans who have a very limited memory span or are merely just the bandwagon jumpers.

Like I said the accounts were laid out to the fans, we are not run by a closed shop we are a members run club, a hell of alot longer than Shams.
    We have seen the figures, our players have been paid in full and on time, our suppliers are paid and the infrastrucural development of the Showgies is improving every season.
    If we were indeed in financial instability then the ugly face of debts and creditors would be showing their face and Sligo is a small enough place where people would know.
    All of this is based on circumstantial petty ****e like lotto tickets, there is no evidence of our financial instability.
    Now if I thought for a second our club was mounting debt and heading to economic oblivion I would be the first to shout stop because I know unlike Shams we are not the FAI's pet frankenstein, we as a club honour our debts, unlike some.
    All lies and wishful thinking I'd say...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Have you anything actually constructive to add? Otherwise, you're just trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    It's like stepping back 6 or 7 years to Shels fans...
    Like I said, it's head beneath the sand time.
    Couldn't possibly be anything dodgy going on at my LoI club.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    wouldnt this thread be better off locked. It started off as a (sort of) celebration of some clubs seemingly doing things the right way and has quickly descended into a Sligo-bashing exercise for no real reason that i can see. I say lock it or change it into a sligo finances thread based on nothing.

The start of the (real) silly-season cant come fast enough!
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    wouldnt this thread be better off locked. It started off as a (sort of) celebration of some clubs seemingly doing things the right way and has quickly descended into a Sligo-bashing exercise for no real reason that i can see. I say lock it or change it into a sligo finances thread based on nothing.

The start of the (real) silly-season cant come fast enough!
    Yeah, gonna lock it now. If anyone has any issues with it then post something in the support forum.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345