Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Club Finances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Fairly impressive stat, in fairness.

But just cos I know someone else will do this, if you take an average gate of 1700 @ E10 a head and 26 home games over the year (one every other week), that's E8.5k in gate receipts a week on average. Add that to the E7.5k a week you mention and that's E16k a week, or E832k for the year. So roughly E400k gate receipts, E400k lotto/sponsorship/400 club/etc, but still E400k of the E1.2m mentioned earlier (and I've no idea if that's accurate)
    It's all broke down in black and white in our accounts there is nothing murky about it if that's what your suggesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    You're coming across as very bitter, jealous and childish in this thread Dodge.
    I think the term is complete zoomer. He's normally sniffing the a*se of his buddies in always ultra so no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    but i think the difference here is that any accusations against Sligo seemed to be based on a hunch or based on player hearsay type stuff as opposed to anything substantial. Its all a bit ridiculous if you aske me.
    Every club in the league is never to far away from a financial crisis thankfully we are finally on top of things. Having seen what Shams submitted to the FAI I think they should be most worried about over spending this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    Attn Rasputin: The rumours of the FAI investigating Sligo for alleged under the table payments to players first surfaced on the Bohs forum, not from Rovers fans.

http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15031
    is that the sort of stuff "the Whistleblower" bases all his intel on? LOL...

what a bunch of auld biddies.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    We supposedly made a profit in the region of 8 or 9 grand.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I'd say the likes of Sligo have been watching what Bohs have been getting away with or with what the FAI have chosen to ignore, get yourself an imaginative accountant and hey presto there's nothing to see here sure we made a profit this year...here's the raffle ticket stubbs we used as away tickets...
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    is that the sort of stuff "the Whistleblower" bases all his intel on? LOL...

what a bunch of auld biddies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I'd say the likes of Shams have been watching what Bohs have been getting away with or with what the FAI have chosen to ignore, get yourself an imaginative accountant and hey presto there's nothing to see here sure we made a profit this year
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    There's a lot of heads burried in sand on this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Red4Eva, why did you just copy exactly what Dave_SFRC wrote?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Because he made a baseless statement about my club that could apply to any club
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    I thought Fran Gavin defended the league well on the news. While there is obvious criticisms, it's a fair point many businesses had problems last year. Reports suggest the overall debts of clubs has come down a lot over the last few years. Shamrock Rovers say they have a strict wage structure in place. Maybe the league could be near turning a corner on the finance side and stabalise?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    You're coming across as very bitter, jealous and childish in this thread Dodge.
    I can be all 3, and more, at various stages. In this case I'm not at all bitter. Why would I be? I've always liked Sligo and they've never really done anything to **** me off (and they'll always get kudos for the wws banner shortly after his passing). Jealous of you winning a few cups, obviously but that'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    I think the term is complete zoomer. He's normally sniffing the a*se of his buddies in always ultra so no surprise.
    I've no idea what this means.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

13. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Reports suggest the overall debts of clubs has come down a lot over the last few years.
    Apart from the FAI report, what others are you talking about?

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horton View Post
    Red4Eva, why did you just copy exactly what Dave_SFRC wrote?
    He didn't, he left the bit out about raffle tickets. As long as Sligo continue to use raffle tickets as match tickets, have no turnstiles at the away end, routinely under report attendances (deny all you like Sligo fans but most of you admitted here the day after the game there was way more in attendance at the LC semi than was officially announced), pay players cash lump sum payments (as evidenced with the Chris Turner case) and have on paper more expensive squads than the likes of Pats and Dundalk (who are clubs with similar attendances. Dundalk also have substantial off field revenues too) then there is always going to be a perception that something dodgy is going on. Hopefully that is not the case and everything is above board but we have seen it all to often in this league and in every case fans of the clubs in question always fervently denied anything was wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    There was an investigation into the Turner lump payment? What happened as a result of the investigation?

The gate you were put through is not the away end, it's the car park. You are the only club that has to enter that way. All other clubs enter through the away turnstile beside the home turnstiles.

The attendance figure that ye keep going on about was a rough estimate in the press box. FAI officials and Shamrock Rovers officials were located at the turnstiles with clickers ensuring Shamrock Rovers got there fair share of the gate. There was no investigation or complaint made by Shamrock Rovers.

Do you have access to these official attendance figures that we report to FAI?

The raffle ticket situation was stupid and unprofessional. Our general manager Packie Lynch has said he will be addressing this.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I can be all 3, and more, at various stages. In this case I'm not at all bitter. Why would I be? I've always liked Sligo and they've never really done anything to **** me off (and they'll always get kudos for the wws banner shortly after his passing). Jealous of you winning a few cups, obviously but that'll pass.

I've no idea what this means.
    Honestly would you ever simply f off. Do you just simply want another LOI club to go out of business just so you can ride on in with your, know it all facts about where clubs went wrong and so on?

Accept it buddy, we made a healthy profit last year. Your absolute nonense about knowing players and how much their on is laughable. Considering I know for a fact, players like Richie Ryan were on a terribly low wage at the start of the 2010 season and not much more than that at the end of it. To be full time, doesn't necessairly mean you HAVE to be on a massive wage. Pretty laughable as well considering you had players like Gary Dempsey in or around 2000 a week LOL. Sustainable aye?

Its not a secret, plenty of Rovers fans have seen the accounts. Its been explained numerous times on this thread by numerous "in the know" people. You buddy, are certainly not one of them. Get over it, our finances are not simply based on one big sugar daddy or based on Champions league qualification like plenty of car crash clubs in the past. We have an infastrucre in place that other clubs can only dream off.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 01/03/2011 at 8:52 AM. Reason: Personal abuse removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    [SIZE=5]Selective Interpretation - No €172,000 profit in 2010!!

[/SIZE]Unfortunately the quote attributed to Noel Mooney of the FAI is way off the mark for the financial performance for Dundalk FC in 2010 and uses very selective interpretation of the accounts to arrive at that figure as a "profit".

The club did turn in a modest profit last season, which was much needed and very welcome due to the accumulated losses from the previous season. While this has helped to reduce the overall debt, it went nowhere near making the substantial reduction in debt that we need.

When looking at the 2011 season, the concern from 2010 was that if the income from Europe was stripped out, there would actually have been a further loss recorded. Put another way, with no Europa League in 2011, if we repeated the same income and spending as last year we would make a further loss this year.

As anyone who has read Gerry Matthews Q & A with Gavin McLoughlin in the Democrat will realise ( http://blackandwhitetown.squarespace.com/ ) there is a strong ambition to try to drive the club forward on the pitch this season, with a burning desire to qualify for Europe again and to be in contention at the top end of the league

We were delighted to get into Europe and we want to get back into Europe. That would be the ambition.

This, along with some other positive indicators, has given the club the encouragement to substantially increase the playing budget over what was originally proposed. This will require major efforts by all supporters, club volunteers, club staff and the wider business community to try to make the books balance this season.

Any role that any individual can play - be it buying a season ticket. Buying or selling the lotto, joining the Patron Scheme, encouraging others to come to games, selling & returning the Champions League Ticket books etc are absolutely vital.

Further on-field success in the Setanta Sports Cup would help as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    I would very much call into doubt the numbers that DundalkFC gave tonight as the official attendance for the Setanta Cup match.....2250.
    Maybe thats the figure that was given to the the BBC, but it was at the least 700/1000 more !! The place was chocker,call it right or dont call it at all is todays lesson !!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullit View Post
    I would very much call into doubt the numbers that DundalkFC gave tonight as the official attendance for the Setanta Cup match.....2250.
    Maybe thats the figure that was given to the the BBC, but it was at the least 700/1000 more !! The place was chocker,call it right or dont call it at all is todays lesson !!
    Shocker - clubs under reporting crowds numbers..... :-) Goes down to incompetency, lots of freebies handed out, or making sure there's a few extra quid left on the side for contingencies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HulaHoop View Post
    Attn Rasputin: The rumours of the FAI investigating Sligo for alleged under the table payments to players first surfaced on the Bohs forum, not from Rovers fans.

http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15031
    Haha wow, just wow.
    So is this where Shams fans get their "inside sources" from? From the Bohs forum?
    It was only a few months ago that your lot were screaming hysterically about this "financial investigation"?
    Now the only Shams fan that actually responds to what was self evidently more pig**** concocted by your lot blames it on Bohs fans?
    What happened to these "inside sources"HulaHoop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_SRFC View Post
    I'd say the likes of Sligo have been watching what Bohs have been getting away with or with what the FAI have chosen to ignore, get yourself an imaginative accountant and hey presto there's nothing to see here sure we made a profit this year...here's the raffle ticket stubbs we used as away tickets...
    Like I have repeated again and again, if there is any evidence of our financial instability please provide it?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    It's like stepping back 6 or 7 years to Shels fans...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast