Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAI reducing international ticket prices for the rest of 2011.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,003 Posts

FAI reducing international ticket prices for the rest of 2011.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soc...290704985.html
    Euro 2012 qualifying ticket prices in 2011

Lower tier: €60

Upper tier: €40

Euro 2012 qualifying ticket prices in 2010

Lower tier: €70

Upper tier: €50

Friendly ticket prices in 2011

Lower tier: €45

Upper tier: €30

Friendly ticket prices in 2010

Lower tier: €55

Upper tier: €40

Rep of Ireland home fixtures in 2011 (confirmed)

March 26th : FYR Macedonia – European Championship qualifier; March 29th: Uruguay – Friendly; May 23rd: Northern Ireland – Four Nations; May 27th: Scotland – Four Nations; September 2nd: Slovakia – European Championship qualifier; October 11th: Armenia – European Championship qualifier.
    I think the IRFU did this recently as well. Good news for fans.

Hopefully this will lead a more passionate atmosphere, especially for the qualifiers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    What about those of us who paid upfront in order to get a €40 discount on our tickets who based on these prices have now paid €5 more?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Think of the FAI as your favourite charity.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I did the sums and for Category b anyway it looks like it works out now at exactly the 350 we paid. Im going looking for my 10% discount. Plus all the other wonderful things a season ticket got you that im still waiting for!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
    I did the sums and for Category b anyway it looks like it works out now at exactly the 350 we paid. Im going looking for my 10% discount. Plus all the other wonderful things a season ticket got you that im still waiting for!
    The cost of what we got was €390 I thought? The price on the Welsh ticket had €35 on it so I think we're down a fiver
    Last edited by Nah Nah Nah Nah; 24/02/2011 at 8:11 AM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Shame the product will be no better?

Seriously, was paying no more than that already....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Still too dear.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    What about those of us who paid upfront in order to get a €40 discount on our tickets who based on these prices have now paid €5 more?
    On the FAI's ticket page it does say "Please note that price reductions on tickets will be credited back to all our season ticket holders at the end of June 2011". So, I'd expect we'll get a credit against next year's season ticket or return of the reduction amount. Hopefully that will include our full 10% savings as well.
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...=86&Itemid=135
    "There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet" - Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Yeah, it'll be handed to people direct by Stephen Ireland, James McCarthy & Andy Reid....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Tickets for Macedonia and Uruguay must be bought as a package....75 a man for upper tiers.For those of us outside the Pale, getting time off work and travelling to Dublin twice in the space of 5 days for 2 night games isn't easy, so in effect many will be paying 75 euro to the Macedonian game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUB of the day View Post
    Tickets for Macedonia and Uruguay must be bought as a package....75 a man for upper tiers.For those of us outside the Pale, getting time off work and travelling to Dublin twice in the space of 5 days for 2 night games isn't easy, so in effect many will be paying 75 euro to the Macedonian game.
    isnt macedonia on a sat?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Some ppl work Saturdays

14. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    isnt macedonia on a sat?
    His point was that he has to pay €75 for the two tickets but will only make the Macedonia game because the Uruguay game is on a Tuesday night.

16. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ticket structure for Block booking is taking the p**s

My other half wants to hand back our blockbooking account having held it for nearly 15 years. He is none too impressed with the inclusion of the Carling Cup games into the compulsory ticket purchase mix....is anyone feeling sick and tired of paying for match tickets for mickey mouse friendlies? Hav to admit it's only the qualifiers that excite us these days...
    He is loosing interest in Ireland games these days and I hav to admit lately I agree wit him.....I know countries have to play friendlies I understand that...but in these economic tough times it seems the FAI are taking the ****...punters can't afford them!
    We travel to most of Ireland's away games and we enjoy them but it's becoming too expensive too....
    I hate to admit that I feel this way as I have always loved going to Ireland matches home and away but I am seriously considering handing back my BB account....other half thinks it will be easy to secure tickets for the matches now outside from touts as the stadium is empty these days.....any thoughts anyone feeling the same????

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Up until this campaign I have been happy enough with the fact that there are a number of friendlies included, most of which I wont be able to attend and will either take the hit in the pocket or try and offload the ticket for face value or less.

This campaign however is different. The number of friendlies included is just so disproportionate, its just not right. I understand the FAI are trying to get as much exposure for Aviva as possible and obviously get cash in to pay for it, the strategy is flawed though in my opinion based on friendly attendances to date.

25/05/2010 F Rep of Ireland 2-1 Paraguay Dublin 19.45
    28/05/2010 F Rep of Ireland 3-0 Algeria Dublin 19.45
    11/08/2010 F Rep of Ireland 0-1 Argentina Dublin
    07/09/2010 EC Rep of Ireland 3-1 Andorra Dublin
    08/10/2010 EC Rep of Ireland 2-3 Russia Dublin
    17/11/2010 F Rep of Ireland 1-2 Norway Dublin
    08/02/2011 CNC Rep of Ireland 3-0 Wales Dublin 19.45
    26/03/2011 EC Rep of Ireland v Macedonia Dublin
    29/03/2011 F Rep of Ireland v Uruguay Dublin 19.45
    24/05/2011 CNC Rep of Ireland v N. Ireland Dublin 19.45
    29/05/2011 CNC Rep of Ireland v Scotland Dublin 18.30
    02/09/2011 EC Rep of Ireland v Slovakia Dublin
    11/10/2011 EC Rep of Ireland v Armenia Dublin

6 Friendlies (excluding Algeria & Paraguay as if I recall these were not compulsory purchases)
    5 Competitive Games

Between May-11 and Oct-11, I think there could be more friendlies added to the calendar as well.

If the missus knew what I was paying for tickets fir games that I would not be attending - gulp.......

Its definitely easy enough to get tickets at the moment and I can understand people dropping the BB in these tough economic times but it wont always be like this and the next time play off tickets are scarce etc... it will be BB's first in line.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Algeria and Paraguay were compulsory purchases.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Junior you make some valid observations....amazing seeing the fixtures listed above as you tend to forget them....at the moment we are mostly taking a hit to the pocket for the friendly fixtures as we cannot find anyone to buy them....
    Algeria & Paraguay match tickets were compulsory purchase...well at least that's what we were informed by the FAI.
    We have a difficult decision to make....I do not want to hand back my BB account but I fear we have no choice if we can't afford it!
    I have 12 other people on my account...I am sorry to have to let these down too...but I reckon if they contacted the FAI, they would be happy to take these on as new Blockbookers...I doubt there is a waiting list for same anymore like there used to be in the Lansdowne Road of old!
    I do fear in the future it may be difficult to get tickets if the economic situation changes and demand for tickets grows again but what do we do in the meantime...oh what to do....I am SOOOOOOOOOOO torn!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yeah I am seriously thinking of jacking in my 4 season tickets at the end of this campaign also. Costing me far too much for all in expenses, but as mentioned above I am torn over it. I probably make about 75 to 80% of the games but there are more and more that I am not managing to attend.

Actually had a bit of a run in with the TO over the last game. I lost my 4 cards, and only realised this on the morning of the game. Phone them up looking for duplicates and she said they were too busy to do something like this, so I mentioned that they are now aware that these seats will definitely not be used could I buy 4 more from ticketmaster and get a refund. She said she should probably be able to sort something out for that ( but sounded like she just wanted to get me off the phone)

Phoned up a few days later and she denied ever offering me a refund or anything to that effect. Also said something about charging me more for the replacements if I was lucky enough to get them!

Cue a rant from me, followed by an email to which I have received no reply.

I know losing them was totally my fault, but given the low attendances etc you would think they would try and look after the people that have paid for every game.
    UCD sha-la-la

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Algeria and Paraguay were compulsory purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl in Green View Post
    Algeria & Paraguay match tickets were compulsory purchase...well at least that's what we were informed by the FAI.
    We have a difficult decision to make....I do not want to hand back my BB account but I fear we have no choice if we can't afford it!
    OK, I stand corrected so (makes the situation worse imo). I remember at the time though that there was confusion because the capacity at the RDS was smaller than the total number of blockbookers - so how could everyones BB be a compulsory purchase - Its a side issue I know.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    OK, I stand corrected so (makes the situation worse imo). I remember at the time though that there was confusion because the capacity at the RDS was smaller than the total number of blockbookers - so how could everyones BB be a compulsory purchase - Its a side issue I know.
    Many block bookings are held by clubs and leagues. The clubs and leagues didn't have to purchase any for the RDS. However Joe Soap bbers did have to buy them.
    Limerick FC Més que un club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast