Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: League prize funds reduced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It Costs 19,000 euro to enter the league this would mean you will have to finish third to make that back. 8th,9th and 10th in the premier league the prize money is 5,000 euro last season it was 42,000 41,000 and 40,000 euro for the same places ,That a ridculious drop and I bet you airtricitys sponsership money hasn't dropped.

For anyone who hasn't seen heres the list of prize money

Premier League
    1.€100,000
    2.€45,000
    3.€25,000
    4.€15,000
    5.€10,000
    6.€7,500
    7.€6,000
    8.€5,000
    9.€5,000
    10.€5,000

First Division
    1.€25,000
    2.€12,500
    3.€7,500
    4.€6,000
    5-12.€5,000

2. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    19000 registration fee * 22 teams = 418000
    total league prize money = 309500
    sponsorship?? approx 100000 a year
    fines, etc???

Therefore the fai are now taking more money out of the league than they are putting into the league...if the clubs signed up to this they are absolute fools!!

on a side note what do clubs do if they have budgeted for prize money that was similar to last year??? for example galway budget 40000 in prize money for finishing last, so therefore before the league even starts they are working at a 35000 loss, could have some serious consequences come the end of the year!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Thats a seriously bad break down in the prize money. The prize money isnt worth it unless you win the Premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    Thats a seriously bad break down in the prize money. The prize money isnt worth it unless you win the Premier.
    and even then its less than the budget of every(?) Premier and 1st Div club. Yikes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    maybe im out to lunch but the prize for fininshing last in the First Div should be 19k or the cost of registration (with 2k-5k incremental increases as you go up). If the FAI dont agree then the registration should be dropped but last place, in my opinion, should be at the very minimum the price of registration and that money should be taken exclusively out of the sponsorship deals that the FAI does with various companies on behalf of the league.

Those figures are sickening.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Anyone any idea of the registration costs of the old Eircom League? Pretty sure it was under 10k. The FAI are obviously struggling to pay their way, they could end up only renting the Aviva if things don't pick up for them soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    It could be the death of more clubs with more running costs to meet with the licence criteria and less prize money in return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Bloody sickening how much the FAI took off this. I know cuts are being made everywhere but this is really far too much. The domestic league here is struggling and this will only hurt it even more. Also cutting the funding for the clubs promotion officers.
    Last edited by Guinney; 12/02/2011 at 7:25 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

wrong

Quote Originally Posted by athloneman View Post
    19000 registration fee * 22 teams = 418000
    total league prize money = 309500
    sponsorship?? approx 100000 a year
    fines, etc???

Therefore the fai are now taking more money out of the league than they are putting into the league...if the clubs signed up to this they are absolute fools!!

on a side note what do clubs do if they have budgeted for prize money that was similar to last year??? for example galway budget 40000 in prize money for finishing last, so therefore before the league even starts they are working at a 35000 loss, could have some serious consequences come the end of the year!!
    Galways Budget was drastically reduced for licencing, its im sure the lowest budget of the premier clubs for 2011. The prizemoney element were stripped out because of uncertainty . There was budgets put together by GUST september last year that would have compared income from previous year and worked from there over the winter between discussions with board and people at the fai, it was obvious by december the world was changing. Its shoestring and straightjacket now as per agreed with licencing dept. Galway also have reduced their tax liability by 90k over the year and the liabilities on balance sheet by approx 30%. Huge work went on over the winter to secure its future. I would be confident it has a structure now to begin a stable, steady as she goes culture. There are no plans in short term to set the world on fire, We are scolded enough after the last 5 years. Lessons have to be learned
    Last edited by geezer; 12/02/2011 at 8:46 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    i only used galway as an example as i assume alot of clubs would budget prize money into there accounts for the year...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Well it was an untruthful example and I had to point it out , i have ran models for 6 months on budget and sought advice country wide from Drogheda across to limerick and down to cork. We also sought counsel from the fai, the league and the local fa and were advised i have to say very favourable with huge dollops of realism. Lessons have to be learnt, clubs are going to have to start looking at themselves, and stop committing and promising when they know full well they have as much chance punting on the 3.55 at kilbeggan and cant deliver, affecting many lives along the way. The FAI cant be blamed for everything, an i am defo no apologist for them.
    Last edited by geezer; 12/02/2011 at 8:57 PM.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Looking at that break down makes me laugh at the comment the FAI made last year during the whole Limerick/Barcelona saga that they spend €3m a year to run the league and stated prize money as included in that.

I understand they may have had to make cuts but that is a very big jump.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 12/02/2011 at 9:10 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    It would be interesting to do an analysis of the cost of running leagues around europe particularly leagues like the welsh league, conference, ryman, other small european leagues. Im sure that info available from supporters direct in uk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    So John Delaney pays 5k to lick the holes of Irish supporters in Slovakia and feed them with drink, yet some clubs will be paying a 20k entry fee to the league this year to possibly get the same rewards?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Delaney told one of our club officials one time when the subject of the disparity in prize money previously came up that "nobody is interested in losers".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    So the entire prize money for the league is less than John Delaney's wage?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Delaney doesn't care about the league. Simple

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    The drop in prize money isn't unexpected. The line that bgs me though si this

In recent seasons, clubs have made significant reductions to their cost base over particularly in the area of player and staff salaries
    As if the 5k for finishing 8th would cover the cost of haing a part time secretary for more than 4 months, Another one of thes stupid little FAI lines that jsut make them seem petty and pathetic. The first statement about Limerickl v Barca being the worst example
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

the daily star

Quote Originally Posted by athloneman View Post
    i only used galway as an example as i assume alot of clubs would budget prize money into there accounts for the year...

Apologies didnt realise the figures were on the star yesterday and you were using galway as an example. I know though most clubs had a goos idea the prizefund was being slashed

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I recall another in-the-know poster - don't know if you remember him? - who also posted unsubstantiated claims, primarily about Maltese and Russian football and who took excessive umbrage whenever it was suggested he was a complete spoofer; a carge that, in the end, was proven. Coincidence, I wonder?
    ps, what are you on about? I sincerely hope you're not just wumming though it certainly looks this way. On the Sporting Fingal thread you made an unfounded and insulting remark that, while you didn't remove, you rowed back from. Please feel free to contact the MFA or RFS about the prizemoney for the upcoming league season, if you are serious and not just wumming, then I will gladly pass along further information. Otherwise please don't be a wum, it's unfair, unbecoming and really out of place. Also if you doubt the figures, say so instead of going off on some tangent. You can simply question some of those we know in common as to the veracity and please if you have issues don't just stalk around threads to make oddly pointed posts.

edit: to elaborate the winners in Malta will receive between 210-220k this season.
    Last edited by Spudulika; 13/02/2011 at 9:28 AM. Reason: figures

24. Thanks From:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast