Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Underage League

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Underage League

    Any word on the underage league this year? Is it going to be U-19 or U-20? Is it likely to start in June or September?

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro Sam_Heggy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Letterkenny
    Posts
    3,894
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    316
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    437
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Under 19 league starting in September running as a winter league.

    3 divisions, Premier National league featuring the 14 top underage sides all of which must meet licencing criteria. 2 regional leagues then behind that.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #3
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,630
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Any word on the shape up of the regional leagues? Surely some clubs will still want a reserve team as a stop gap between U19 and first-team?
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity seems lost somewhere in between for new clubs/regions to become part of LoI family.

  5. #4
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Heggy View Post
    Under 19 league starting in September running as a winter league.

    3 divisions, Premier National league featuring the 14 top underage sides all of which must meet licencing criteria. 2 regional leagues then behind that.
    Thats certainly interesting Sam. Did you get that from a good source? How will they decide who the 14 Premier sides are? Does that mean the two regional leagues will be on a par with each other with winners playing off against each other to get promoted to the top division?

  6. #5
    Seasoned Pro legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,630
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    239
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    202
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Regional league suggests they will be on a par, unless playing in the North League gains promotion to the South League!
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity seems lost somewhere in between for new clubs/regions to become part of LoI family.

  7. #6
    Coach
    Joined
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wicklow
    Posts
    6,868
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    435
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    289
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Isn't there some change to the way the age groups will be defined as well due to harmonising of the age groups in Europe? EG 18 year olds will have to move up two years.

  8. #7
    Seasoned Pro Sam_Heggy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Letterkenny
    Posts
    3,894
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    316
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    437
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JM2010 View Post
    Thats certainly interesting Sam. Did you get that from a good source? How will they decide who the 14 Premier sides are? Does that mean the two regional leagues will be on a par with each other with winners playing off against each other to get promoted to the top division?
    It's set out, each club have already been told. There was a meeting about it last year.
    The 14 teams will be decided via licencing. Recent history, facilities, brown envelo........... I mean um well, you get the picture

  9. #8
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,222
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    Isn't there some change to the way the age groups will be defined as well due to harmonising of the age groups in Europe? EG 18 year olds will have to move up two years.
    For this season a player must be under age at the end of the season ends, ie u-18 would be 1994 -u19 93 if you go to u12 2ooo

Similar Threads

  1. National Underage Leagues and LOI underage
    By Philosophizer in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 01/12/2017, 10:53 AM
  2. Kildare & District Underage League
    By A face in forum Junior League
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02/09/2013, 11:03 AM
  3. Kildare and District Underage League 2010/2011.
    By the 12 th man in forum Schoolboys
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06/02/2013, 2:21 PM
  4. Cork Underage Inter-League Tournament
    By Number9 in forum Women's Football
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02/05/2006, 9:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •