Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could Cobh be back in the First Division?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    At least this is the last year of the A Championship, so once you keep the show on the road for 12 months, all five clubs will probably be playing in the First Division next year.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    [QUOTE=bellavistaman;1453472]All clubs have 5 days to appeal, i wonder could we appeal and get in. We more than have the facilities although theres some dodgy rumours going around cobh that dont reflect well on the club. Apparantly we have no-one to blame but ourselves. Im glad in a way the lads didnt get promotion, because this would have been heartbreaking if we should have been there.[/QUOTE
    What do u mean about t promotion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    In hindsight if we had have won the playoffs, and the lads were super excited about playing in the first Division since November, and then today they would have found out that despite all their hard work they wont be playing in the first division regardless. I think that would have been a huge mental blow for them all to take, and a huge set back to all of them

I agree to what you write .. But look this is the 3rd season without loi football. The debts have remained noone supporting the club noone using the bar as far has I'm aware no one investing in the club on one clearing the debts revenue not paid .the FAI every week are suppose to be taking over the club and get it up and running has not happened the club do not have a elected commettee for over 2 years . Who is running the club because we will be having the same chat again this time next year and it will be too late because as you know the league is changing and cobh will not get a licence . What can be done to get cobh back to where it should be Dave Hill doing a fantstic job with a very young team and someone should now start looking to the future and bring back the supporters to run the club just like .. Shamrock Rovers Galway and Cork .

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Any word on if you're applying for a First Division licence this year? Everything has to be in order by the end of the month, but I suppose none of the clubs will hear anything before February as usual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Told by a lad that says he will be playing for Cobh next year that they will be applying for a First Division licence......Really hope its true would love to see ye back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    I hope your right but there a number of off the field issues to be sorted first, we have been told that a deal is imminent for the last 2 years now! It would be great to be back but I think most people want the off the field issues sorted first.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Well, I would be delighted to see Cobh back in the LOI proper again and I hope it can be worked out. Always enjoyed the Cobh fixture, all the way back to when ye used to visit Ballygowan Park in Newcastle West, and latterly the Limerick fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Don't hold your breath. Red letter day looming large for us next month, we'll need a miracle to survive at all.
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Cobh in the 2012 First Division ?

"Yeah if they'd had a tax clearance cert last year they'd have been back in the First Division. According to those on the Cobh forum there hasn't been any money paid off since."

This was posted on a foot.ie thread.

What is the current situation?

Anyone with genuine information please.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    The sub seems to have all the up-to-date info in the middle of this page - he'll know if matters have improved since then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12