Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 51 of 387 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7722

Thread: Eligibility Rules, Okay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Speaking of Kearns, why wasn't he with the under-19s in Romania recently? He'd still have been eligible I think. Dundalk commitments, presumably?

Quote Originally Posted by greendeiseboy View Post
    I must be blind - I dont see the SF reference.
    He probably has his privacy setting set to "friends of friends". Essentially, to be privy to such information, you need to be in the inner circle.

I don't think McClean will pull out either, for what it's worth. He seems pleased with the call-up and will probably settle for international recognition with NI now rather than holding out for us down the line. There's no guarantee that holding out would come to anything for him. He'd be well down the pecking order for us. I can't see when he'd get remotely near a squad. He'd possibly be as far down as 10th or 11th in line, if even, for the position in which he plays.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Speaking of Kearns, why wasn't he with the under-19s in Romania recently? He'd still have been eligible I think. Dundalk commitments, presumably?

He probably has his privacy setting set to "friends of friends". Essentially, to be privy to such information, you need to be in the inner circle.

I don't think McClean will pull out either, for what it's worth. He seems pleased with the call-up and will probably settle for international recognition with NI now rather than holding out for us down the line. There's no guarantee that holding out would come to anything for him. He'd be well down the pecking order for us. I can't see when he'd get remotely near a squad. He'd possibly be as far down as 10th or 11th in line, if even, for the position in which he plays.
    Dont think he has - you can access his page with no restrictions from what I could see.

As regards him declaring - a few posts from Creggan Swifts (who seem to be fairly pally with him - did he play for them? )make it pretty clear on where they stand on this and its not with us!
    I have a head only Snow White would love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Dont think he has - you can access his page with no restrictions from what I could see.
    This is what I and others seem to be seeing anyway:

As regards him declaring - a few posts from Creggan Swifts (who seem to be fairly pally with him - did he play for them? )make it pretty clear on where they stand on this and its not with us!
    I think he played with Trojans in Creggan. Not sure about Creggan Swifts. Considering their "activities and interests", I'd imagine they're just supporting the pragmatism and recognition of a local lad personally.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    This is what I and others seem to be seeing anyway:

I think he played with Trojans in Creggan. Not sure about Creggan Swifts. Considering their "activities and interests", I'd imagine they're just supporting the pragmatism and recognition of a local lad personally.
    You must be friends with him then on it - cos he has the politics restricted.

The Swifts posted "why should he declare for ROI when the FAI never showed interest in him", which is fair enough if not slightly surprising given what they list in their activities and interests.
    Last edited by greendeiseboy; 01/08/2011 at 6:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I think it is possible to tweak the privacy settings of such specific details. We're probably just seeing two different versions due to his settings. What I'm seeing is out and being discussed in the public domain anyway, so no big deal, and I assumed that what I was seeing was viewable to all as I'm not actually a friend on there either (as you can see from the 'Add Friend' option). It's his genuine account anyway; this one: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...775186&sk=info

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I think it is possible to tweak the privacy settings of such specific details. We're probably just seeing two different versions due to his settings. What I'm seeing is out and being discussed in the public domain anyway, so no big deal, and I assumed that what I was seeing was viewable to all as I'm not actually a friend on there either (as you can see from the 'Add Friend' option). It's his genuine account anyway; this one: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...775186&sk=info
    Strange one - even on that I'm not seeing it

this is the one I'm getting

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...00000273775186

if you can see it still, well I'm baffled then

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm assuming Danny is in the Derry network and that McClean has restricted some information to his network.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'm assuming Danny is in the Derry network and that McClean has restricted some information to his network.
    Haven't a clue boi - I'm tapping into the neighbours connection the last 3 years so I dont know what network I'm on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I have a few mutual friends on there. I think that's probably all it is. Nothing too complicated.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Brazil View Post
    Third generation to play for Northern Ireland - as his father and grandfather did before him.

When Warren finishes his career at Linfield (the Club he has supported since a boy), he will also follow in his father and grandfathers footsteps in wearing the Royal Blue.

The old Feeney family's bar in East Belfast was about as "mixed heritage" as Stokes's da's gaff in Dublin.
    It still doesn't discount that the family surname originates from Co. Sligo.

And Mr.Stokes Snr. was just 'attention-seeking' ahead of the Dublin Super Cup.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Just saw this on OWC. According to the Irish Daily Mail, the IFA have recruited Gerry Armstrong and entrusted him with the role of persuading players from the north playing under the auspices of the IFA to continue playing with the IFA.

It says he "began work on a 12 month contract yesterday with the remit to persuade players from the North to stay under the IFA banner".

He's quoted as saying, "I am a friendly face, someone the players can talk to", and that he intends to recruit former team mates Jimmy Nicholl, Sammy McIlroy, Terry Cochrane, Chris Nicholl and John McClelland to "sweep Britain and the North to keep players onside".

It has yet to be confirmed whether the IFA will be allocating him the association van and a bag of sweets...

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    First common sense decision they've ever made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    I'm not sure Gerry is the best choice for a position in the office of persuasion. A friendly face aye and he'll no doubt start out extolling the virtues of the 'IFA banner' but how long before he lapses into Spanish league nostalgia and the wee fenians start making fun of his lisp?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Just saw this on OWC. According to the Irish Daily Mail, the IFA have recruited Gerry Armstrong and entrusted him with the role of persuading players from the north playing under the auspices of the IFA to continue playing with the IFA.

It says he "began work on a 12 month contract yesterday with the remit to persuade players from the North to stay under the IFA banner".

He's quoted as saying, "I am a friendly face, someone the players can talk to", and that he intends to recruit former team mates Jimmy Nicholl, Sammy McIlroy, Terry Cochrane, Chris Nicholl and John McClelland to "sweep Britain and the North to keep players onside".
    Apart from the fact that story comes from one of the most offensive publications ever to be sold on the island of Ireland, the team GA is intending to recruit, I would reckon does not have the credentials to achieve what he seeks.
    So mission accomplished there, 'Agent Gerry' ??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    That McClean fella likes "The Hills". I'm not so sure about him

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Third generation to play for Northern Ireland - as his father and grandfather did before him.

When Warren finishes his career at Linfield (the Club he has supported since a boy), he will also follow in his father and grandfathers footsteps in wearing the Royal Blue.

The old Feeney family's bar in East Belfast was about as "mixed heritage" as Stokes's da's gaff in Dublin.

http://www.linfieldfc.com/interview.asp?inv=591
    How's it looking these days??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    I thought Stokes's da's place was mixed - half Provo, half Dissident.
    Half fire damaged, half water damaged more like....

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    I think he played with Trojans in Creggan. Not sure about Creggan Swifts.
    Considering their "activities and interests", I'd imagine they're just supporting the pragmatism and recognition of a local lad personally.
    Heh, good so it is.

You must be friends with him then on it - cos he has the politics restricted.
    The Swifts posted "why should he declare for ROI when the FAI never showed interest in him", which is fair enough if not slightly surprising given what they list in their activities and interests.
    Perhaps they were just playing, erm, Devil's advocate...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Half fire damaged, half water damaged more like....
    And that's just the punters??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    NI journalist Mark McIntosh just tweeted this:

James McClean has withdrawn from NI squad. My sources telling me he has told Nigel he wants to play for ROI. #anotheronebitesthedust
    He also broke the news a few months ago that Shane Ferguson was ignoring Nigel's calls.

22. Thanks From: