Page 296 of 387 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 7734

Thread: Eligibility Rules, Okay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Was anyone else fupped off by MON stating that he doesn't intend to "poach" players?
    Where did he use that word? My understanding is that he's fully open to facilitating willing and eligible northern-born Irish nationals such as Ryan McLaughlin.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Was anyone else fupped off by MON stating that he doesn't intend to "poach" players?
    No. My understanding is he will select from the pool of players eligible (and willing) to play for the Republic of Ireland. This will of course include players born in the North of Ireland. "Poaching" doesn't come in to it.
    "Can I have a Kit-Kat, chunky?"

"you mean a big one"

"No a normal kit-kat you fat bitch"

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Exactly! Haven't we have had this umpteen times before.

Everyone born on the island of Ireland is eligible for Ireland. Unless they play a full competitive game for another currently recognised international side.

There is no poaching. Or debate!
    Last edited by ArdeeBhoy; 11/11/2013 at 3:46 PM.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    If Mart does decide to pick any player who fancies emigrating after turning out for our youth sides, he might as well phone personally and organise a press conference around it. After all, he'll get stick whether it was the player, his auntie Majella, Noel King or Bono who makes first contact.

Is the kid at Liverpool going to be a star? He hasn't played in the first team yet.

PS I thought a large majority in the South voted a few years ago not to give automatic citizenship to everyone born in the country? Does this only apply if they aren't good at football?
    Last edited by Gather round; 11/11/2013 at 3:48 PM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Clearly you haven't read the GFA...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    PS I thought a large majority in the South voted a few years ago not to give automatic citizenship to everyone born in the country?
    We know, we know. Well, most of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Where did he use that word? My understanding is that he's fully open to facilitating willing and eligible northern-born Irish nationals such as Ryan McLaughlin.
    I'm almost certain I heard it in one of the interviews. Those words were used. Leave it with me. Either way every time I hear the word poach when not in relation to eggs and elephants I get really wound-up.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    Eg. any reference to 'when Shels poached the title'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    Yeah. Elephants never forget.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Mopery alert. I can confidently state that the IFA never will stage a 48 team World Cup Finals, never will change its main code to rugby league or tiddlywinks, and never will organise a joint charity team with the FAI to let various third-rate English ringers go through the motions. Trust that clarifies things for you.
    Maybe I'm not understanding something about humanity but why the hell is such a notion (a joint charity game) so repulsive to you and the organization you're speaking for? Couldn't we move beyond positions and politics for a greater good, whatever that might be?

To be clear, I'm not advocating for Kenny's suggestion, I'm just baffled by the narrow mindedness displayed by your post.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding something about humanity but why the hell is such a notion (a joint charity game) so repulsive to you and the organization you're speaking for? Couldn't we move beyond positions and politics for a greater good, whatever that might be?

To be clear, I'm not advocating for Kenny's suggestion, I'm just baffled by the narrow mindedness displayed by your post.
    Because it doesn't fit with their narrow minded opinion of Nationalists expressing their beliefs, or possibly having some say in the future direction of the North. Oh, how they miss gerrymandering! How slow are you Stu?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    but why the hell is such a notion (a joint charity game) so repulsive to you?
    Kenny's suggestion is a witless stunt intended purely to wind up NI fans. As I explained, it's the equivalent of suggesting that the South merges with Britain or Germany, or Saskatchewan becomes the 51st State. Even if only to field a joint ice hockey or downhill skiing team.

I've no idea about your general understanding of humanity, but the above should be fairly easy to grasp?

Couldn't we move beyond positions and politics for a greater good, whatever that might be?
    We have. The thing is, we'd rather not have a neo-con politician like Kenny anywhere near our chldren's health services. What other greater good had you in mind?

To be clear, I'm not advocating for Kenny's suggestion, I'm just baffled by the narrow mindedness displayed by your post
    I'm not at all narrow-minded. Odd suggestion. I mean at a trivial level, I wouldn't tend to reply on this forum if was?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Because it doesn't fit with [his] narrow minded opinion of Nationalists expressing their beliefs
    Moronic comment. When have I ever stopped Nationalists- wherever they are on the Globe- expressing an opinion?

or possibly having some say in the future direction of the North
    Don't you have elections regularly in Australia, like we do?

Oh, how they miss gerrymandering! How slow are you Stu?
    Has Gerrymandering gone away? Er, no. Electoral boundaries are still distorted to favor the big parties or blocs. In both parts of Ireland.

I'd work on the comedy routine if I were you. Glaciers and geological epochs have been known to move faster...

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Kenny wasn't stirring, he was expressing the wish of the majority of people in Ireland, which granted does not please everyone nor is it practical. However, your condescending attitude and stirring comments about children's services indicates your bitterness and a typical myopic view of the desires of many Nationalists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Kenny wasn't stirring, he was expressing the wish of the majority of people in Ireland
    Wrong. The majority of people in don't actually, whether because they're indifferent to football, prefer to support their existing teams or simply don't get off on lame, repetitive p*sstakes.

which granted does not please everyone nor is it practical
    Impracticality isn't the problem, I've no problem generally with politicians at least trying to be imaginative. Which this stunt isn't.

However, your condescending attitude and stirring comments about children's services indicates your bitterness and a typical myopic view of the desires of many Nationalists
    Condescending? I'm merely answering your sneers in kind. Stirring? Unlike Enda (and you, by the sound of it) I reckon children's health services (with cross-border co-operation) are worthy of serious discussion in politics. I'm not at all bitter nor myopic about what Nationalists tend to want (ie generally, a united Oireland right up to the point where they have to start thinking about paying for it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    King in today's paper on about a new player he has found for us. Went to see him play on Saturday , he will speak to him this week before he tells the media who he is..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Wrong. The majority of people in don't actually, whether because they're indifferent to football, prefer to support their existing teams or simply don't get off on lame, repetitive p*sstakes.

Impracticality isn't the problem, I've no problem generally with politicians at least trying to be imaginative. Which this stunt isn't.

Condescending? I'm merely answering your sneers in kind. Stirring? Unlike Enda (and you, by the sound of it) I reckon children's health services (with cross-border co-operation) are worthy of serious discussion in politics. I'm not at all bitter nor myopic about what Nationalists tend to want (ie generally, a united Oireland right up to the point where they have to start thinking about paying for it.
    I'm waiting for you to do your usual, to disappear when the going gets tough. I expect we will hear from you again when Ryan McLaughlin gets the call from O'Neill or Roy and gets his paperwork sorted.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    Kenny's suggestion is a witless stunt intended purely to wind up NI fans
    Yet another Nordie paranoia alert, Kenny is purposely and deviously trying to wind up Unionists in their IFA enclave.
    Save Ulster the IFA from sodomy Kenny!

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    I'm waiting for you to do your usual, to disappear when the going gets tough
    Dealing with the terminally stupid is always tough, but you'll be pleased that I've no plans to disappear

I expect we will hear from you again when Ryan McLaughlin gets the call from O'Neill or Roy and gets his paperwork sorted
    You can hear from me now. The kid does seem uninterested in playing for NI u-21, so probably best if he buggers off now. Good luck to him in his future career, even if that means the lower divisions like his brother and no further international games.

Quote Originally Posted by Geysir
    Yet another Nordie paranoia alert, Kenny is purposely and deviously trying to wind up Unionists in their IFA enclave
    Igloo computer security alert- Ardee Troll seems to have hacked into your account.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Dealing with the terminally stupid is always tough, but you'll be pleased that I've no plans to disappear

You can hear from me now. The kid does seem uninterested in playing for NI u-21, so probably best if he buggers off now. Good luck to him in his future career, even if that means the lower divisions like his brother and no further international games.

Igloo computer security alert- Ardee Troll seems to have hacked into your account.
    Bitterness towards McLaughlin now. I don't think he will play in the lower divisions, too good for that and too good for NI. Better he play for a team that can possibly play in major championships and leave the 'terminally stupid' to support and play for NI! It's typical of you to revert to personal insults as you have nothing tangible to say.