Thread: Who wants me?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts

Who wants me?

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/an...d-2488577.html

I like the man, he's a genuine sports fan (despite following Leeds) and a good person, and somebody I'd vote for. He was the right fit for FG instead of the RTE luvvie George Lee, though the party of the people messed up in not bringing him in, even though he's a FG man. However it now looks like he's making a come and get me pitch, in true football style, to parties to nab him. Or else it's a sideline run for the Aras, though he'd be perfect to get in the Dail and be Minister for Finance or Industry. He has a very strong international standing (compared to Lee who isn't a name in his own household) and a massive array of contacts. The French, Croatian and a number of other governments all wanted him in as a special advisor (he did this with the frogs), yet the prophet in his own land scenario reigned. Watch this space!

edit: The only flaw in his ideas, from my thinking, is extending the vote to diaspora without conditions - otherwise you end up with a tinpot dictatorship run by ex-commies who got into bed with ex-nazi/ustache as in Croatia. Noraid would have had a ball in Ireland in the 80's. A caveat would be to have lived in Ireland for 25% of your life, or some such safeguard.
    Last edited by Spudulika; 08/01/2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: flaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Whilst I don't agree with everything he says, I enjoy reading McWilliams articles because (and correct me if Im wrong here) he seems able to explain economics and finance in language and terms that I can actually follow. Usually my eyes glaze over when reading some of the posts on here; not out of boredom, but because the topic has never interested me. I do have a question though, one that has never been answered to a degree I can understand. Say the banks are cut loose and they default - what would be the real, tangible impact of this on people and everyday life?
    i believe in one man, one vote. i should be that one man with that one vote.

ALWAYS ON TOUR!