Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Doherty D Wolves b.1992

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,094 Posts
    Ireland's Doherty wins player of the month award as superb form with Wolves continues http://the42.ie/4273806

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Take him up to 15th in the stats, 2 in the top 30 now, Duffy at 27th not much outside that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Best player in England in September. Coupled with Shearer criticising Christie’s role in the Arsenal defeat (didn’t see the match myself) must mean Doherty will start.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Best player in England in September. Coupled with Shearer criticising Christie’s role in the Arsenal defeat (didn’t see the match myself) must mean Doherty will start.
    Something wrong if he doesn't start against Denmark.
    He has the ability to run at a defence and he can defend a bit also.
    Has a bit more about him that does Christie.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    That's either intended or unintended sarcasm.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    A fair bit of the criticism was justified, some was OTT in my opinion. Christie actually put in some of Fulham’s most dangerous crosses and was involved in some of their better periods of play. Just for the sake of balance. I’d pick Doherty first myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    A fair bit of the criticism was justified, some was OTT in my opinion. Christie actually put in some of Fulham’s most dangerous crosses and was involved in some of their better periods of play. Just for the sake of balance. I’d pick Doherty first myself.
    yes, club form must count here and doherty should start.
    there was talk of doherty starting on the left but we should play our form players in their best positions

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Dancing with Wolves and their three unheralded heroes
    And then there’s Matt Doherty, whose previous top-flight experience consisted of 44 minutes for Wolves in 2011/12 and 13 Scottish Premier League appearances on loan at Hibs in the same season. Supporters at Molineux would happily have taken ten minutes of your summer to wax lyrical about their wonderful attacking right wing-back, but few of them predicted this impact. No defender in the league has had more touches in the opposition penalty area. Doherty beat Eden Hazard to be named the PFA’s Premier League Player of the Month for September.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

10. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    yes, club form must count here and doherty should start.
    there was talk of doherty starting on the left but we should play our form players in their best positions
    Doherty should start on the right in this game. But in the event of both Doherty and Coleman being fit, then I'd see one of them (either Doherty or Coleman) as being a suitable shoe in for the left back position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Doherty played plenty of games on the left, although left wing back mostly I think. I'm not sure Coleman would be suited to playing there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Third goal of the season (and second game-winner) for Doherty against Newcastle. Should he be considered ahead of Coleman for the right-back position or should he be shoe-horned into a right side of midfield or left-back role? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46416287

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Third goal of the season (and second game-winner) for Doherty against Newcastle. Should he be considered ahead of Coleman for the right-back position or should he be shoe-horned into a right side of midfield or left-back role? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46416287
    I think he should play rigth back with Coleman in the advanced role. Coleman is excellent going forward. On the otherside i would have stevens left full with Brady in the advanced postion.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    I think he should play rigth back with Coleman in the advanced role. Coleman is excellent going forward. On the otherside i would have stevens left full with Brady in the advanced postion.
    Coleman is much better facing the play he has been quite sloppy in possession in recent games. Let him play in his best position not recreate another Christie fiasco. We are not going to be playing a traditional 442 anyway Mick said that time has passed so I can't see where he fits in unless it's right full or maybe right of a three if we play five at the back. Doherty to play left full for me use that ability to cut in and have a shot.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Which of the two is impressing more going forward recently ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Doherty has been playing as a wing back and often is playing so far forward he’s basically a winger. I’d be open to playing him as a right winger or a left fullback for us and leaving Coleman at right full.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Coleman is much better facing the play he has been quite sloppy in possession in recent games. Let him play in his best position not recreate another Christie fiasco. We are not going to be playing a traditional 442 anyway Mick said that time has passed so I can't see where he fits in unless it's right full or maybe right of a three if we play five at the back. Doherty to play left full for me use that ability to cut in and have a shot.
    The Christe comparison isnt correct
    Coleman started as a right winger for Everton and played there at times for blackpool. I would play 4-5-1 and i think he will, using McGoldrick at the 10

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Could Doherty play in the right side of a Back Three ? He has that bit of Height that can be useful in that position .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Doherty has been playing as a wing back and often is playing so far forward he’s basically a winger.
    Alex Scott even referred to him as a winger on MOTD2 last night. I agree with Diggs that 4-5-1 might be our best bet, I'd go with Doherty as the winger though and leave Coleman RB.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Could Doherty play in the right side of a Back Three ? He has that bit of Height that can be useful in that position .
    I'd be more inclined towards putting Coleman into a back 3. He's not as tall but it hardly matters in international football.

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    The Christe comparison isnt correct
    Coleman started as a right winger for Everton and played there at times for blackpool. I would play 4-5-1 and i think he will, using McGoldrick at the 10
    Coleman was a right full at sligo and went to everton as a right full. He played right midfield for a couple of seasons cause everton didn't think he could defend. He has lost pace and mobility unfortunately sine his horror injury and that will be even more exposed wide right where he is supposed to link with the front man and create. He was poor tonight and could find it difficult to keep his place at everton in the new year but hopefully he will turn it round

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast