Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Doherty D Wolves b.1992

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    https://www.football365.com/news/tot...arcelona-25-8m
    Spurs just spent £25M on a Brazilian international right back from Barca. That's a big challenge for Doherty.

EDIT: Rumours that Aurier's agreeing a contract termination, so Doherty's won that battle at least.
    Last edited by John83; 31/08/2021 at 10:44 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Aurier has now left Spurs, but Doherty wasn't even starting before this new right back was signed, so presumably even less opportunity for him now.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Matt Doherty “shouldn’t wear a Spurs shirt again” after their loss to NS Mura in the Europa Conference League, according to Jamie O’Hara.

https://www.football365.com/news/pun...ar-shirt-again

At least he got a game. Sounds like he needs to buck up to keep playing all the same.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Matt Doherty “shouldn’t wear a Spurs shirt again” after their loss to NS Mura in the Europa Conference League, according to Jamie O’Hara.

https://www.football365.com/news/pun...ar-shirt-again

At least he got a game. Sounds like he needs to buck up to keep playing all the same.
    By the reports of the game that could be said about most who played. Didn’t the young fella Sessegnon (? ) get himself sent off after a half an hour. Anyway a blind pundit could see that Spurs need a clear out. Poch had got the best out of that Spurs team a few years back and it was plain to see that Spurs need a raft of new Players.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    I honestly don't see where Doherty would go even. The only team that might look at him would be Newcastle, but Doherty ain't walking away from that good contract he has at Spurs.

If Newcastle isn't an option I honestly would not be surprised to see him sign for someone like West Brom on loan in January. A loan move is the only way he's leaving this season. Even next summer it's probably another loan with an clause in there to make it permanent but they'll be covering a good portion of his wages for the next 2.5yrs if they want him out.

7. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    I honestly don't see where Doherty would go even. The only team that might look at him would be Newcastle, but Doherty ain't walking away from that good contract he has at Spurs.

If Newcastle isn't an option I honestly would not be surprised to see him sign for someone like West Brom on loan in January. A loan move is the only way he's leaving this season. Even next summer it's probably another loan with an clause in there to make it permanent but they'll be covering a good portion of his wages for the next 2.5yrs if they want him out.
    He could go back on loan to Wolves ? That being said I'm not even sure who they replaced him with. He's been solid for Ireland so hopefully he gets a run of games somewhere. Conte might see something different to Jamie O Hara as well which wouldn't surprise me. Conte won a league with Victor Moses at right back not so long ago so hopefully he sees his potential.

9. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boynemunich View Post
    He could go back on loan to Wolves ? That being said I'm not even sure who they replaced him with. He's been solid for Ireland so hopefully he gets a run of games somewhere. Conte might see something different to Jamie O Hara as well which wouldn't surprise me. Conte won a league with Victor Moses at right back not so long ago so hopefully he sees his potential.
    I can't see Wolves wanting him back and they replaced him with Nelson Semedo who they paid like 28m for. Remember Wolves weren't forced to sell Doherty they wanted to sell him, and at the time I believe he was only second to TAA in stats.

11. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    He's only made two league appearances for a total of twenty-six minutes so far this season. His contract runs until June 30, 2024 at sixty-five thousand pounds per week, so I really don't see a move in the cards although we all know he needs one.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    He's only made two league appearances for a total of twenty-six minutes so far this season. His contract runs until June 30, 2024 at sixty-five thousand pounds per week, so I really don't see a move in the cards although we all know he needs one.
    Great Dough. Maybe Conte will turn him in to a Centre Back ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Oh God, I hope not. It's one of the few positions where we really aren't stuck for a player.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Oh God, I hope not. It's one of the few positions where we really aren't stuck for a player.
    Agreed

Anyway isn't it a bit early to say he should leave. Everyone in the spurs squad should be worried. If conte goes 5 3 2 then Doherty has a chance.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Conte might not see it that way.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    Agreed

Anyway isn't it a bit early to say he should leave. Everyone in the spurs squad should be worried. If conte goes 5 3 2 then Doherty has a chance.
    You’d like to assume the new manager would give everyone a fair crack of the whip.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    https://theathletic.com/3019842/2021...for-a-striker/

Who would come in for him?

Sidenote whatever happened to the worm
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    played really well today, was very good going forward and very menacing, but was replaced by a midfielder after they were 0-2 Tanganga who was woeful throughout kept his spot, This Conte didnt know his best 11 yet, Doherty and Lo Celso out the main 11 gives an image of Conte as a coach there

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Taken off at HT last night. He was playing on the left. Spurs had scored twice by that stage, each time for Chelsea. Not sure of the rationale for the change but Spurs looked like they got a rollicking by Conte at HT as they were much more potent in the second half. Chelsea should probably have got a third though.

I saw something online over Christmas that he might be on his way back to Wolves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    bit surprised at that, he's done alright for us playing on the left
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Taken off at HT last night. He was playing on the left. Spurs had scored twice by that stage, each time for Chelsea. Not sure of the rationale for the change but Spurs looked like they got a rollicking by Conte at HT as they were much more potent in the second half. Chelsea should probably have got a third though.

I saw something online over Christmas that he might be on his way back to Wolves.
    Does he have a Portuguese Agent with connections to Wolves / Mourinho / Portuguese connections ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post

Took him off for a midfielder and went four at the back.

Unless it's a loan move with Spurs covering a chunk of his wages I don't see clubs that interested in him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Does he have a Portuguese Agent with connections to Wolves / Mourinho / Portuguese connections ?
    Yes, Jorge Mendes is his agent.

27. Thanks From:

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast