Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munster Senior Cup Final

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Munster Senior Cup Final

I heard the Munster Senior Cup Final against Carrick United has been fixed for Sunday May 30th in Ozier Park Waterford.

Thats 2 trips to that hole in the one weekend.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    The Beautiful Game or Heathen Neanderthal stick fighting.
    The choice my friend is yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razor
    Heathen Neanderthal stick fighting.

If it was on the street ... it would be a riot.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

eastcork
    i'm afraid Neanderthal stick fighting wins it any day of the week. a bad game of hurling is 100 times better than a good game of soccer i'm afraid. especially league of ireland stuff!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    [QUOTE=razor]I heard the Munster Senior Cup Final against Carrick United has been fixed for Sunday May 30th in Ozier Park Waterford. QUOTE]

That is the correct date for the MSC final - at the moment.
    The kick-off is set for 3pm and there will be NO replay.

The game may be changed if Carrick end up drawing their FAI senior cup tie next Sunday, so the MSC date is PROVISIONAL.

Donie
    ...Schwanholz, Herisau: a little bit of heaven...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcork
    i'm afraid Neanderthal stick fighting wins it any day of the week. a bad game of hurling is 100 times better than a good game of soccer i'm afraid. especially league of ireland stuff!
    Tosser!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Farmer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i enjoy a game of bogball occasionally but its not a patch on the world game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    i enjoy a game of bogball occasionally but its not a patch on the world game

I'd have agree on that one !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, hurling is a fantastic game, no matter what some of you think. Championship games are fantastic, the colour, the sun, the craic, the whole massive event. If the eL could capture even a bit of the atmosphere, we would be doing well.
    I hope I don't have to miss the hurling game, especially having to go down to the Wahurfort sh*thole....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hurling is a great sport
    cant beat a roasting hot summer's day in thurlus v tipp on a munster final sunday... magic

that said theres nothing quite like hammering the ****e out of rovers/SPA/$hel$ or Bores either.. esp away from home

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    go away. I'm sure the cows need milking or a sheep needs seeing to

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Championship games are fantastic, the colour, the sun, the craic, the whole massive event. If the eL could capture even a bit of the atmosphere, we would be doing well.
    what you say is exactly why it isn't as fantastic as it is made out to be. it's a mullocker's game, an enjoyable mullocker's game but a mullocker's game all the same.
    while there is a (slightly limited) skill level, there is absolutely no intelligence to it and the tactics involved are highly over-estimated. yes it is fantastic, colourful, sunny, full of craic and er massive but what's it like on the pitch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    a sheep needs seeing to
    He may be an idiot but that's no need to call him a Waterford fan!
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vito_golightly
    what you say is exactly why it isn't as fantastic as it is made out to be. it's a mullocker's game, an enjoyable mullocker's game but a mullocker's game all the same.
    while there is a (slightly limited) skill level, there is absolutely no intelligence to it and the tactics involved are highly over-estimated. yes it is fantastic, colourful, sunny, full of craic and er massive but what's it like on the pitch?
    Hmmm, what strain of Mogadon are you on?
    How many games have you been too, or played in?
    Hurling is one of the most skillful games in the world.
    Since when was Jimmy Barry Murphy a mullocker? Joe Deane, Tom Cashman, Martin Doherty, Sean Og etc, etc...
    Actually whats the point....

(slightly limited) skill level.....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Easy tiger.
    I stand by my opinion that there is a skill level which is slightly limited - I didn't say limited, I said SLIGHTLY limited. But when it comes to tactics and intelligent play, hurling is sadly lacking and is therefore perfect for mullockers.

For what its worth, here’s my hurling C.V.:
    Played with Blackrock till minor but won **** all cos of playing against nearly the best Barrs underage teams in recent years - nearly cos they were using the likes of fitzy, cathal mac and ronan curran who were (and are) a year younger than me so their team would probably be seen as one of the best in recent years.

Went to my first Munster Final in 1987 in Thurles aged 7 when Tipp and Cork drew (and cork went on to lose the replay as no doubt you know) - the game when Nicky English 'soccered' the ball past Ger Cunningham's left shoulder.
    My first County final was 1985 when Blackrock beat Midelton but all I vaguely remember is the teams posing for the photographs.
    Since then I don't know how many games I’ve been to and I really don't care - like you say: "what's the point"! Suffice is to say is that up until 1999, it was fairly regular until I realised that the anomoly between the attendance at the league game versus waterford when Cork got a last minute win in Flower Lodge and the subsequent and unsurprising boom in interest for the All-Ireland final just didn't make sense any longer.

Don't watch Cork anymore cos of those and other reasons but I’ll still go support Blackrock - which isn't as easy as it used to be

The simple fact of the matter is that hurling is overrated. One of the most lauded highlights of the hurling year last year (and maybe this is cos half my family is from Tipp) was when the sliotar hit Brendan Cummins three or four times against Kilkenny. A great advertisement for its excitement but where does that really get you at the end of the day.

Which reminds me, you haven’t addressed why you used the terms you did to describe the game. Don’t you think it was quite damaging to describe it in such superficial terms? And you also said that “Championship games are fantastic […] If the eL could capture even a bit of the atmosphere, we would be doing well.” – well surely that’s not a viable desire because all the excitement you speak of is simply crammed in to a handful of games causing the stakes to be higher as result whereas the football season is spread out more.

The pedestal on which hurling is placed by the impassioned observers of this game reminds me of the belief held in Australia that Aussie Rules is the best game in the world. They really do believe that.

Football is not exciting by nature and does not get played at a break-neck speed like hurling so comparisons are futile. Therefore I apologise to everyone for extending this debate.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd agree that at the higher levels hurling is lacking in tactics but I think that just because the Senior Inter County managers are afraid of trying things out.

If you ever see Newtown M.S. play they play the game in a kind of 'total hurling' way, they pass the ball up the pitch, their positions are dynamic, nobdy is ever in one position for too long.

When I used to play in Dublin our team would only ever play with one in the full forward line, the other two lads would float around midfield, it totally changed the complexion of the game.
    Oh no not them again

eastcork
    Jesus, see what i started!! Hurling is not just a farmer's game. How many of the Cork senior team are city boys. There is a good number! How can anyone say that hurling is a mullockers game. Maybe down in Junior A or B but not at intercounty level.

Anyway, i for one will not be going to the cork-limerick game as i think cork will pull through that one fairly easy and i live in waterford so i will be going to support the city boys!

By the way, this Carrick team are so full of themselves....they are pure waterford scum so i hope to god that we beat the shiX out of them

eastcork
    Did you know that George O' Callaghan and Liam Kearney both played hurling for Cork underage before they went pro with the soccer. Kearney in particular was a fantastic player.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Did you know that George O' Callaghan and Liam Kearney both played hurling for Cork underage before they went pro with the soccer. Kearney in particular was a fantastic player.
    So what ?

Lads can we please refrain from stick fighting talk, its making me nauseous.

XR look what you are after starting !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast