Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Munster Senior Cup Final

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its getting worse ! Georgie claims in todays Sun that we wants to go back playing hurling ! But only after "he wins the league and a few cups with City"

We won't be losing him for the forseeable future so
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I ust hope for yere sake that your 2nd trip is'nt as fruitless as yere 1st will be!!!

GavinZac
    george was playing hurling for the glen when he came back, apparantly his first time playing in about 5 years he was the best player on the pitch!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donie Forde
    That is the correct date for the MSC final - at the moment.
    The kick-off is set for 3pm and there will be NO replay.

The game may be changed if Carrick end up drawing their FAI senior cup tie next Sunday, so the MSC date is PROVISIONAL.

Donie
    Carraig Utd beat Bluebell 3-2 today so no replay anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    East Cork isn't there a hurl.ie you could be a member of ?
    EL grounds are like good episodes of The Simpsons, no matter how many times you see them they're still funny

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcork
    Jesus, see what i started!! Hurling is not just a farmer's game. How many of the Cork senior team are city boys. There is a good number! How can anyone say that hurling is a mullockers game. Maybe down in Junior A or B but not at intercounty level.

Anyway, i for one will not be going to the cork-limerick game as i think cork will pull through that one fairly easy and i live in waterford so i will be going to support the city boys!

By the way, this Carrick team are so full of themselves....they are pure waterford scum so i hope to god that we beat the shiX out of them
    To call people scum behind a pen name says a lot about the person who scripted the comment. For your infromation Carrick is in County Tipperary and if a paided Premier Eircom League team can not beat an unpaid beat a junior team well it sad. Might also interest you to note Pat Dolan wants to sign one of the "scum" your speak about. Cork City are a great club so are Carrick United both clubs deserve genuine supporters not sad sick comment like above. No wonder few go to Eircom League games with comments like that.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irisheagle
    To call people scum behind a pen name says a lot about the person who scripted the comment. For your infromation Carrick is in County Tipperary and if a paided Premier Eircom League team can not beat an unpaid beat a junior team well it sad. Might also interest you to note Pat Dolan wants to sign one of the "scum" your speak about. Cork City are a great club so are Carrick United both clubs deserve genuine supporters not sad sick comment like above. No wonder few go to Eircom League games with comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by irisheagle
    paided Premier Eircom League team
    whats "paided" when its at home?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vito_golightly
    reminds me of the belief held in Australia that Aussie Rules is the best game in the world. They really do believe that.
    Not being clever or anything but Aussie Rules is mainly a melbourne game. More than half the league comes from there. In Sydney Aussie rules players are regarded as poofs and Rugby League is the main sport. (By the way if you get a chance to see the NRL on sky sports its much better than the Rugby League played in England, class game). Rugby Union is the only National sport in Australia. But as I said i'm not trying to be smart, just setting the record straight.

Anyways, EastCork, have you asked yourself why Setanta swapped stickfighting for Aussie Rules Just goes to show that there are sports just as good as your beloved hurling. Each to their own and horses for courses and all that, personally I would much prefer to see City v Waterford in LOI rather than Cork Limerick in Hurling.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    Rugby Union is the only National sport in Australia.
    What about cricket ?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    and sheep shearing....

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc
    Not being clever or anything
    Too bloody roight mate...

Did I hit a nerve by insulting Aussie Rules? Or are you on the fence? Anyway, whatever the truth i can't exactly ignore what you said.

Firstly my point that there is a "belief held in Australia" seems to be the premise for your defence of Aussie Rules. OK one could interpret me as believing that this may be a belief ALL over Australia as you did but i was referring to supporters and analysts of the game (especially analysts cos I read it in a paper there) who coincidentally live in Australia.

Just on that point - your quibble with my sense of geography was kind of undermined by your quote: "Aussie Rules is mainly a Melbourne game". I'm sure supporters of Geelong and historians of the VFL in general will see that as somehow confined and narrow.

Secondly - to quote razor "what about cricket?" - for me there is no question mark - it IS the national game. every small town has an oval - every state / territory plays it. its of a general interest to most, if not the main interest, and is as close to being a national sport as it gets - although that definition with a country like Australia is a little risky.

what is certain is that Rugby Union is NOT the national sport - it is, similar to League, an East Coast code. For example, Union is almost non-existent in Adelaide (almost - had an Adelaide friend who represented Australia when he was young) and in Perth

Footie in those places (and of course Victoria) equals Aussie Rules while Footie on the East Coast equals Rugby League (and interestingly, Footie in New Zooland equals Rugby Union).

I am open to correction on another issue i take with your post - i find it hard to believe Aussie rules players would be seen as “poofs” in Sydney or anywhere, even taking into account the Melbourne/Sydney rivalry but if you say so...

Just to clear it up - Aussie Rules is rubbish - so incredibly scrappy. Used to go see Crows and Port Adelaide. They're only kidding themselves those Australians... I mean those Victorians, those South Ozzies, those Perth/Freo heads, those Franchised Sydney peoples from North Melbourne - did I leave anyone out? have we reached a politically correct compromise?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Did I hit a nerve by insulting Aussie Rules? Or are you on the fence? Anyway, whatever the truth i can't exactly ignore what you said.

Firstly my point that there is a "belief held in Australia" seems to be the premise for your defence of Aussie Rules. OK one could interpret me as believing that this may be a belief ALL over Australia as you did but i was referring to supporters and analysts of the game (especially analysts cos I read it in a paper there) who coincidentally live in Australia.

Just on that point - your quibble with my sense of geography was kind of undermined by your quote: "Aussie Rules is mainly a Melbourne game". I'm sure supporters of Geelong and historians of the VFL in general will see that as somehow confined and narrow.

Secondly - to quote razor "what about cricket?" - for me there is no question mark - it IS the national game. every small town has an oval - every state / territory plays it. its of a general interest to most, if not the main interest, and is as close to being a national sport as it gets - although that definition with a country like Australia is a little risky.

what is certain is that Rugby Union is NOT the national sport - it is, similar to League, an East Coast code. For example, Union is almost non-existent in Adelaide (almost - had an Adelaide friend who represented Australia when he was young) and in Perth

Footie in those places (and of course Victoria) equals Aussie Rules while Footie on the East Coast equals Rugby League (and interestingly, Footie in New Zooland equals Rugby Union).

I am open to correction on another issue i take with your post - i find it hard to believe Aussie rules players would be seen as “poofs” in Sydney or anywhere, even taking into account the Melbourne/Sydney rivalry but if you say so...

Just to clear it up - Aussie Rules is rubbish - so incredibly scrappy. Used to go see Crows and Port Adelaide. They're only kidding themselves those Australians... I mean those Victorians, those South Ozzies, those Perth/Freo heads, those Franchised Sydney peoples from North Melbourne - did I leave anyone out? have we reached a politically correct compromise?
    I've noticed one thing over the last couple of months from coming on here, ya don't FCUK with Vito unless you know your stuff!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Did I hit a nerve by insulting Aussie Rules? Or are you on the fence?
    I don't like the sport!

I believe I used the word MAINLY.

True!!

True!! Union is mainly East Coast. I stand corrected!!

They are seen as poofters in Sydney. And they are!!! State of Origin. Now thats a game.

I agree it is rubbish. I thought I was making a minor point. Didn't know I caused WW3. Doesn't matter anyways. Come on CITY!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hardly WW3 now is it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How the hell did a thread on the MSC final enbd up with a WW3 fight about Aussie sports???

Vito..you have a lot of explaining to do young man!!!! Why i oughta!!

GavinZac
    yeah but baseball sucks.

*points the thread at off topic and hits the gas*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12