Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: city fans banned

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

city fans banned

Just read on citynet that 2 city fans are banned for the rest of the season for their part in the incidents....is it anyone on here

why is just for the rest of the season...if they were involved they should get life..thats the message that should go out
    Bring back the plank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias
    thats the message that should go out

To be honest, i agree ..... zero tolerance is the only way you can deal with something like this. Anything else and it leaves it open and ambiguous. It has to be clear and transperant.

As far as i know .... it states it clearly in the stadium regulations. None of this behaviour is acceptable. To try and interpret this in any other way would be misleadly for the interpreter ..... NO means NO kinda thing.

My own opinion is, if the club stands to lose any custom over this and there are more empty seats OR if the club dont attract any other visitors that might have been there if this did not happen, then they are TOTALLY correct in banning the guilty parties for life. I'd expect them to share information with other eL clubs so that they dont have to endure the same ordeal. I think the club should try and look into being reimbursed for money they stand to lose out on if this can be measured in any way. I think the club should take the guilty parties to court because they are clearly not able to conduct themselves in public. It is actually their duty to take them to court as thses people are a menace and whos to say they wont do the same on Patricks street next week. We all saw what happened to two guys Scully and Franklin in town. The injuies that they inflicted on the Rovers fans, all their hospital bills should be paid for.

Basically .... i am saying throw the book at them and make them scape goats, dont leave this go any further. Nip it in the bud.

People know how to behave in public ... any if they dont then they shouldn't be let out in public. They should be no grey area. If the club leave a grey area they are as much to blame if a similar incident happens again.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just read on citynet that 2 city fans are banned for the rest of the season for their part in the incidents....is it anyone on here

why is just for the rest of the season...if they were involved they should get life..thats the message that should go out
    Totally agreed.A ban for life would show others that that type of behaviour is totally unexceptable.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree should have been banned for life.

What happened in town A Face?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    It is actually their duty to take them to court as thses people are a menace and whos to say they wont do the same on Patricks street next week. We all saw what happened to two guys Scully and Franklin in town.
    What the hell are you talking about man? You should write for the Star.
    How can you compare what happened to those two boys to a bit of a ruck at a soccermatch?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just read on citynet that 2 city fans are banned for the rest of the season for their part in the incidents....
    I agree. The club could be damaged financially if the word goes out that the Cross isn't safe as some deluded media folk are already saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mickrev
    What the hell are you talking about man? You should write for the Star. How can you compare what happened to those two boys to a bit of a ruck at a soccermatch?

I am not comparing (i didnt mean it to read like that) ..... What i was trying to do is highlight how far things can go. Those are two incidents that got seriously out of hand and i'd imagine we'd all agree that something like that is not desirable. Agreed ??

But the way you word it .... "a bit of a ruck" ...... that is what i am saying, my point of view is that while you think it is alright or you are willing to make light of it, i am saying the club should not. I am saying if the club give out the wrong message by their inaction, it could lead to worse incidents. I witnessed one such incident in the horseshoe a few years back and people made light of it then as well.

What i am trying to say/ask/do is establish when is the time to take action.

When there is a bigger ruck ??
    When something serious happens ??
    When someone gets a brick into the head ??

When ??

If it was left to some people, it might be never happen, nothing would be done ... fair enough. If that is a good enough tactic in your mind, then cool.

But that wont solve what clearly is a problem. When do you draw the line .... do you leave it spiral out of control .... i dunno ..... has anyone got any ideas. Whats on your mind ... sit on our hands and leave it all happen.

Can anyone else suggest another approach ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.