Quote Originally Posted by xtreme rebel
    no doubt he'll blame the City fans

and arent u blaming them

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just listenign there..........great publicity for the club...that will really bump the attendances up and help the club..........again well done to everyone involved......ye really helped the club out there....

I'd love to leave the rovers fans into an empty room with the lot of them...all those young scobes would be crying for their mammies....

thecorner
    garda press officer just rang up and told that only one juvenile was arrested

and also said drink was a major factor contributing to the rovers fans starting

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    finished now....he did finish off by saying that it doesnt seem like a safe place for families etc....
    thats brilliant......maybe we can fill it up with adolescent scobes....that'll be great.........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthoftheLee
    finished now....he did finish off by saying that it doesnt seem like a safe place for families etc....
    thats brilliant......maybe we can fill it up with adolescent scobes....that'll be great.........
    Great advertising for City and there is sure to be a massive crowd at the match of Friday night.Congratulations to all involved!!
    A few on here said that the whole family thing was aload of crap, well take a good look now.If you heard that X was an unsafe place would you bring or let your child go there?I think not.It's not just for Rovers games it's for every game.No matter what Lennox says or does now all of the clubs efforts are gone down the drain because of a few idiots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he did finish off by saying that it doesnt seem like a safe place for families etc
    Fcuk sake, what a clown. There's a tiny little bit of trouble in the Cross for the first time in years and all of a sudden he's telling everyone that the Cross isn't a safe place, yet no doubt tomorrow he'll be giving away tickets to a some match in England where there's a lot more trouble every week (it's just not reported) and telling everyone what a lovely family occasion a Premiership match is. Typical Prendeville and typical 96fm.

Did any of ye ring up to defend the club and speak on the fans behalf? I would have done if I'd known it was on at the time.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's a shame that a few idiots have rocked the boat a bit but it won't stop me coming down on Friday.I've been down several times and i've never had any bother at the match or out on the town.You couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people as far as i am concerned.Whatever idiots caused trouble at the Rovers game shouldn't even be given the publicity.That's their chance to sit around with all their other numbskull friends and laugh about it saying " look what we done ".They are a bunch of idiots who obviously don't support their club and have the IQ of an apple.The next time you see any sh1t like that kicking off go to a stewart and have them kicked out & banned for life.Looking forward to Friday but hope half your team gets lost on the way to the match and each Longford match after that but best of luck for all the other games.
    "At the age of twelve, my ambition was to become a gangster. To be a wiseguy was better than being President of the United States. To be a wiseguy was to own the world." - Henry Hill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    he did finish off by saying that it doesnt seem like a safe place for families etc....
    Ridiculous Herald-esque rubbish.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm

Did any of ye ring up to defend the club and speak on the fans behalf? I would have done if I'd known it was on at the time.

i sent an e-mail but he obviously didnt read it out

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well done to all involved lads....prenderville only needed a small bit of ammo to have a go at city,he's been at it for years but never had anything concrete to base his opinions on....well ye've just gave it to him on a plate on friday...muppets

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme rebel
    How long have Dolan and Lennox spent building up the crowds and getting families to come to games?
    In fairness the performances on the pitch will scare more people off coming to the Cross than the remote chance of violence.
    In all my years supporting the club I have only seen real trouble when Rovers are in town.
    This was a shameful incident, but it should not be deflecting attention away from the team's performances.
    As for the media's interest in the incident - there have been many incidents in the league recently and the gardai have done nothing about it, except have meeting after meeting where they decide nothing.
    Things like this do not happen in the Nationwide leagues anymore because the fans are properly separated. Why isn't anyone questioning that??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No point blaming Neil Prenderville. I wouldnt bring my kids (if I had any) to Turners Cross. It can be very nasty. Especially hateful abuse aimed at players like Alan Reynolds like that banner last season. Sickening.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niamh
    Things like this do not happen in the Nationwide leagues anymore because the fans are properly separated. Why isn't anyone questioning that??
    Did someone force that minority of City fans to go near the Rovers fans?NO.Maybe the section of the St. Annes end nearest the Rovers fans should have been closed but its still no excuse for what happened.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Congratulations to all the people involved last friday night, for ye truly are the Pride Of Leeside.

I listened to a few bits, I didnt think it was overly harmful tbh. I thought he stressed a few times that there was a great athmosphere and a great football match.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Does anyone really care what prenderville says? he's a known muppet.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A muppet who a lot of people listen to, mores the pity.

While i agree that the behaviour of those morons was disgraceful (and deserves a life time ban IMO) i think its completly over the top to say that the Cross is a dangerous place to bring your family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Fcuk sake, what a clown. There's a tiny little bit of trouble in the Cross for the first time in years and all of a sudden he's telling everyone that the Cross isn't a safe place, yet no doubt tomorrow he'll be giving away tickets to a some match in England where there's a lot more trouble every week (it's just not reported) and telling everyone what a lovely family occasion a Premiership match is. Typical Prendeville and typical 96fm.

Lads, there is no point in calling Prendeville a clown or anything else.

He is doing a job, there was violence at the cross, created by "City fans", he is discussing it and leaving it up for debate, but no matter what you say, some people deem violence of any description an unsafe place to be.

It is a football game ....... people do associate trouble with football, and rucks etc. .... he only has to say the word and the public have a picture painted already.

The people to blame in this case are the "City fans" that started/joined in/went to have a look.

Even if the Rovers fans started it .... the City fans that would have joined in would have done more damage by allowing it to get worse. There is no debate a.... the City fans that were involved were totally wrong and have damaged the club to a huge extent.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'm with A Face there,
    I'm not a fan of Prendeville, and there's little doubt in my mind that he's dislikes CCFC and their fans, but it's not like he's making the reports up, no point in shooting the messenger, he's not the one who did the damage here.

thecorner
    Quote Originally Posted by niamh
    In fairness the performances on the pitch will scare more people off coming to the Cross than the remote chance of violence.

was just thinking the same

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast