Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: U.C.D. 0 Shamrock Rovers 0

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U.C.D. 0 Shamrock Rovers 0

If anyone found a mobile phone, after the League Cup game tonight in the programme shack let me know.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Thought you were trying to beat me to my traditional post-match report! No sign yet, though I probably wouldn't know what a mobile looks like in fairness...

Anyway, on to the report. UCD are through to the League Cup quarter-finals for only the third time in our history after a fairly non-descript 0-0 draw with Shamrock Rovers. Moments of note include Hugh Davey missing the match (due to being in Aberdeen with the eL U-21 side) and thereby being the last College player to lose his 100% appearances record, Darren Quigley keeping another impressively composed performance and Quack's return to Belfield Park after a long absence through sickness. That is all. It was really that bad.

UCD - Quigley; Sullivan, McAuley, Kenna, Foley; Gaffney (McDonnell 64), Kelly (Mahon 90), Finn, McWalter; Burke (Martin 63), Kierans

Att - c 400

If we assume that the draw is going to be regionalised again (or at least, defintely not regionalised but just coincidentally working out that way), UCD's likely opponents are Dublin City, Bohs or the winner of the Longford/Athlone/Kildare group (most likely Longford).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    If anyone found a mobile phone, after the League Cup game tonight in the programme shack let me know.
    Didn't see one and I cleared most of the stuff out of there so I'd be surprised if I missed it. Is it yours?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didn't feel it was that bad. Rovers had some decent efforts (including one on their own net, if I recall correctly) and the last twenty minutes were okay. The first half was dire, though.

Was that Damien Kelly's first start this season? I thought he looked decent.
    And stay out of Bumtown, ya no talent bum.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Kelly played the other League Cup game too. Looked handy enough against Limerick when he game on in the league.