Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A far more serious issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry A far more serious issue?

Many people on here are giving out about City fans behaviour on Friday night in relation to a minor incident at the St. Annes end.
    I'd be far more worried about the clown in the Shed who spent the entire match abusing Fenn, Georgie and Dolan and the small number of people who booed at the end of the game.
    Firstly the few who booed, what is wrong with ye? that was a fantastic City performance. Are ye the type of fools who are not happy unless we win every match? Hopefully the players didn't hear ye (most people applauded so they may not have done) or else they will think that no matter what they do they will never please our fickle fans.
    Now, the idiot in the shed. the guy I'm talking about is a small fat fella, about 40, who stands at the back right of the Shed and only ever opens his mouth to critisise and abuse our own guys. Georgie and Fenn both got a raw deal off him on Friday but he saved most of his venom for Pat Dolan. According to this clown everything was Dolan's fault, everything Dolan did was wrong etc etc. By the end of the game he was even abusing Dolan because he was wearing a pink shirt! If you want to ban somebody from the Cross we should start with this fella and his mates because they will have nothing but a negative effect on the teams performance.
    These are the kind of people we could really do without.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    we certainly could do without them. Its been said on here time and time again that city fans getting on the players backs is ridiculous. anyone who thought city deserved to be booed after fridays performance should be banned from watching football, cos they clearly don't have a clue. the action on the pitch was superb, its just a pity a minority of our fans left us down in a number of ways

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yea game was a real entertaining one to watch. Great athmosphere going in the Cross too.

Why did Rovers get a free out in the first half when Mooney just dropped a cross? Fenn didnt even touch him when he jumped for the ball. We should have had a peno too I think but I'll wait to see eL Weekly

Losing Doyler is going to hurt us A LOT. He really had Rovers on the back foot on Friday. Its a bloody good thing that we have so many strikers because they are dropping like flies.
    Oh no not them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    A far more serious issue?
    Eh...NO!

I know exactly who you're talking about Colm, I always stand back right of the shed, and I've lived through...
    'Barry Out!' 'Murphy Out!' 'Mountfield Out!' 'Murphy Out!' 'Dolan Out!'
    with the guy in question and it drives me mad.

He criticised Fenn alright, I responded as I usually do, by cheering more loudly for Neale when he does something good (cue dirty looks, I'm not on speaking terms with him though we've stood around near to each other for years)).
    He's just a mini Moses in that most of what he spouts is for the benefit of those around him. He's at worst a harmless idiot. We could probably do without him, but he's there in the same spot every game, and I wouldn't call the abuse he gives constant, rather only seeing the bad Fenn did the last night rather than having a balanced view.

But to answer your question, I'd sooner have him in the shed, giving occasional misplaced abuse (and taking the slagging when he gets it) rather than one of the skangers who ran the length of the derrynane to throw a stone at the Rovers fans.
    Last edited by tiktok; 17/05/2004 at 3:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    A far more serious issue?
    Eh...NO!

I know exactly who you're talking about Colm, I always stand back right of the shed, and I've lived through...
    'Barry Out!' 'Murphy Out!' 'Mountfield Out!' 'Murphy Out!' 'Dolan Out!'
    with the guy in question and it drives me mad.

He criticised Fenn alright, I responded as I usually do, by cheering more loudly for Neale when he does something good (cue dirty looks, I'm not on speaking terms with him though we've stood around near to each other for years)).
    He's just a mini Moses in that most of what he spouts is for the benefit of those around him. He's at worst a harmless idiot. We could probably do without him, but he's there in the same spot every game, and I wouldn't call the abuse he gives constant, rather only seeing the bad Fenn did the last night rather than having a balanced view.

But to answer your question, I'd sooner have him in the shed, giving occasional misplaced abuse (and taking the slagging when he gets it) rather than one of the skangers who ran the length of the derrynane to throw a stone at the Rovers fans.
    Yeah that's the guy alright Tiktok.
    I couldn't care less what happens to Rovers fans. I care about CCFC and I take great offence when someone abuses Pat Dolan or Georgie and to lesser extent Neale Fenn. Why be so abusive the other night though especially when we were playing so well and it was obvious all the players were trying their hearts out. Surely the abuse would have been better directed at Maggot Molloy or the **** Grant or the sheepshagger Robinson though!
    Champions!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I see nothoing different than been going on at the cross for years - people prefer to criticise than encourage!

People criticise if the ball isn't played forward quickly & then if it is they criticise cos of long balls.

Fenn can't run for crap but does look like will finish chances & he never gonna be a grafter type player although wouldn't hurt if tried a bit more...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I agree tiktok.....yer man in the shed is a pr1ck but those l@ngars that caused the hassle or got involved should be dealt with

A good night city played well should have won but the players for really the first time at home looked as if they had something about them.....if we play like that every week we will deffo challenge for honours

We expect rovers to act like scum...i din't expect our own fans to lower themselves to their level...not good guys and not acceptable
    Bring back the plank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colm
    Surely the abuse would have been better directed at Maggot Molloy
    if you were in earshot of our mutual friend then you must have been in earshot of my own 'appreciation' of the maggot
    for the record, I thought the crowd in general were excellent on friday and the shed in great voice, the l@nger song helped!!
    Last edited by tiktok; 17/05/2004 at 3:53 PM. Reason: why is l@nger still banned?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

have you lost the plot colm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinh
    have you lost the plot colm?
    A long long time ago Eoin!
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Far more serious my hole. I dont think there has ever been an FAI/eL investigation to a guy who is never happy at a football match (Roy Keane jokes aside ). I do however think that there has been many for "minor incidents like Friday night".

Oh, and what do you reckon will have upset Pat Dolan more? A small bit of abuse, or a "small" bit of crowd trouble? I want an answer to that.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Oh, and what do you reckon will have upset Pat Dolan more? A small bit of abuse, or a "small" bit of crowd trouble? I want an answer to that.
    To be honest I'd say he couldn't give a sh!t about either of them. Pat Dolan doesn't let abuse get to him and I'd say he hardly noticed the minor incident in the St Annes End until he was told about it afterwards.
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be honest I'd say he couldn't give a sh!t about either of them.
    So you reckon he condones what happened the other night, and similar incidents? Do you reckon he will speak out in favour of it, or do you reckon he will condemn it out of hand?

We all know Dolan doesnt like dissenters, he speaks out against that regularly. He also said in his column recently that its a pity that people seem to llok for trouble when Rovers are in town. Id say he is cringing at what had happened, and will most likely call everyone who was in anyway involved a muppet.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All at CCFC are totally against that type of behaviour and think Pat Dolan will have alot to say in his notes on Friday.I do not think that shouting abuse at players is a more important issue than violence anyday.What are you thinking?All Lennox and Dolan will be saying in the programme on Friday is about this ''minor incident'' and it really does make people forget about the great display of fooball that was seen at the X last Friday night.As for people shouting abuse at players and booing, i don't agree with it but just ignore them they obviouly don't know a good player when they see one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So you reckon he condones what happened the other night, and similar incidents? Do you reckon he will speak out in favour of it, or do you reckon he will condemn it out of hand?
    I don't know what his views are on it but surely he's got to condemn it regardless of what he thinks.
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I surely he's got to condemn it regardless of what he thinks.

Why is that?

Because what happened was wrong and no sane person could think that violence at football is any way justifiable?

or

Will he condemn it just as a soundbite?

Hmm, the smart money is on the former there me thinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is that?

Because what happened was wrong and no sane person could think that violence at football is any way justifiable?

or

Will he condemn it just as a soundbite?

Hmm, the smart money is on the former there me thinks.
    Firstly I didn't think you considered Pat Dolan a sane person!!

I'd like to think that he won't critisise his own fans but I expect he will condemn the incident in some form or other.
    btw, did any of you see Dan Murray's dig at the "Boo Boys" in the programme. Nice one Dan!
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So, in essence what you are trying to do is deflect attention from the people who ran up to the St Annes End to shape, onto people who express an opinion?

Are you suggesting that if a guy boos at the end of the game, that he is to be equated with someone who incites violence?

A boo is a opinion, as long as its not done to death, and just for the sake of it, to "stand up to bad performances", throwing stones/bottles etc is an act which is intending to hurt/cause harm.

Now tell me, do you still run the same paralell? Like fúck!

We have all booed at the end of a game from time to time, but not everyone tries to cause a fight.

Oh, and its okay for Dan Murray to 'criticise' his own fans, but not for Dolan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are you suggesting that if a guy boos at the end of the game, that he is to be equated with someone who incites violence??
    No I'd never equate any City fan (even idiots who boo great performances and abuse our own players) with the Rovers fans who incite violence.

Oh, and its okay for Dan Murray to 'criticise' his own fans, but not for Dolan?
    Dan Murray was critising the boo boys, the fickle fans who don't really care about CCFC, the people who have been getting on Dolan and the players backs and causing the teams confidence to drop. Many of the fans Dolan is likely to critisise are the ones who do care about CCFC, some of those invoved in Fridays incident are as loyal and dedicated as any City fan. I'm sure there were probably some fickle fans involved in the incident aswell but many of those involved love the club, travel to games, always support the team etc. Now putting aside what happened on Friday (because it really was nothing) who would you rather have coming to the Cross every week.... I know who I want and it certainly ain't the boo boys.
    Champions!

thecorner
    i think lads,colm was only making a point

no need to turn this topic into the "mini-riot" topic again, there is a topic on this already

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast