Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Eye View Post
    Lads, when is the transfer season over.
    Transfer window closes on 31st January 2011

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    closes early enough considering season will prob stretch on into may/june for alot of the more successful clubs. clubs can still sigh unregistered players after that date i take it ya?
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

International Prospect abbeyvale's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    closes early enough considering season will prob stretch on into may/june for alot of the more successful clubs. clubs can still sigh unregistered players after that date i take it ya?

Unregistered players can be signed at any stage of the season, I see Pike have added to their strike force
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    I see Pike have added to their strike force
    Where did this news emanate from then??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balls View Post
    Dont think you can sign anymore players after the 1st of march.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Unregistered players can be signed at any stage of the season, I see Pike have added to their strike force
    Incorrect. Unregistered players can be signed up to 31st March 2011.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkx View Post
    Where did this news emanate from then??

The person that signed for Pike
    68, 99, 08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Jason Sheehan signed for wembley from aisling annacotty over the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passandmove View Post
    Jason Sheehan signed for wembley from aisling annacotty over the weekend.
    Very good signing for Wembley and could be the difference in them winning the league
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The person that signed for Pike
    Certainly wasn't John Tierney anyway. Rumour has Limerick won't release him..

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Certainly wasn't John Tierney anyway. Rumour has Limerick won't release him..
    Been said since day one by Limerick that anyone that wanted him had to pay a fee. I presume this would only apply to LOI clubs so i can see why they would not let him go to Pike for nothing when they are entitled to a fee from other clubs. For example if he went to Pike and then come July signed for a LOI club, Limerick would get nothing and it would be very bad business by Limerick to lose one of their best players for nothing to possibly a rival for the league. Still hoping he'll sign with Limerick for next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Been said since day one by Limerick that anyone that wanted him had to pay a fee. I presume this would only apply to LOI clubs so i can see why they would not let him go to Pike for nothing when they are entitled to a fee from other clubs. For example if he went to Pike and then come July signed for a LOI club, Limerick would get nothing and it would be very bad business by Limerick to lose one of their best players for nothing to possibly a rival for the league. Still hoping he'll sign with Limerick for next season.
    I've heard different. Limerick 37. 2,500 euro's. John Tierney. Non Payment. Wages.

You can fill in the gaps I'm sure.

Limerick are using the Old line that it's a new Club/Company with Limerick FC now apparently.

And if he's out of contract, he's out of a contract. Simple really.

Doesn't surprise me though.

He's being released on the 13th of January.
    Last edited by blinkx; 05/01/2011 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I've heard different. Limerick 37. 2,500 euro's. John Tierney. Non Payment. Wages.

You can fill in the gaps I'm sure.

Limerick are using the Old line that it's a new Club/Company with Limerick FC now apparently.

And if he's out of contract, he's out of a contract. Simple really.

Doesn't surprise me though.

He's being released on the 13th of January.
    Limerick haven't been Limerick 37 for nearly two years now. Why would he play for the club for that length of time and only now look for monies supposedly owed to him since the club was Limerick 37? You should really back up your point there rather than make a short, few word statement on the internet where you tell people they can fill in the gaps.

It's not as simple as "if he is out of contract, he is out of contract" due to his age (Section 17 of below link). Limerick are operating well within their rights and agreements like the link i have below are found the world over in football. Limerick are no special case and are not being awkward, they are operating within the rights of the participation agreement. Clubs everywhere are built by having players sold on for fees. If every player was allowed to move on for free clubs would make no money. My previous comment also still stands to reason. Sign for a junior club now and then come july sign for a LOI club meaning Limerick lose out.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/image...or_Website.pdf*

If they are entitled to a fee i see no reason Limerick should not try get this. If they are not entitled to it then fair enough but from what i can see they are. If it was the other way around and a junior club where entitled to a fee if a player was to move to another club do you not think they would look for it?

You totally wipe out the whole reason of your last two comments by your last line. If Limerick are releasing him on the 13th of January then why even come on saying "Limerick owe him money", "Limerick won't release him", It makes no difference if he is going to be released.

Original statement from Limerick since November 9th here
    Last edited by Jofspring; 05/01/2011 at 1:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Limerick haven't been Limerick 37 for nearly two years now. Why would he play for the club for that length of time and only now look for monies supposedly owed to him since the club was Limerick 37? You should really back up your point there rather than make a short, few word statement on the internet where you tell people they can fill in the gaps.

It's not as simple as "if he is out of contract, he is out of contract" due to his age (Section 17 of below link). Limerick are operating well within their rights and agreements like the link i have below are found the world over in football. Limerick are no special case and are not being awkward, they are operating within the rights of the participation agreement. Clubs everywhere are built by having players sold on for fees. If every player was allowed to move on for free clubs would make no money. My previous comment also still stands to reason. Sign for a junior club now and then come july sign for a LOI club meaning Limerick lose out.

http://www.airtricityleague.ie/image...or_Website.pdf*

If they are entitled to a fee i see no reason Limerick should not try get this. If they are not entitled to it then fair enough but from what i can see they are. If it was the other way around and a junior club where entitled to a fee if a player was to move to another club do you not think they would look for it?

You totally wipe out the whole reason of your last two comments by your last line. If Limerick are releasing him on the 13th of January then why even come on saying "Limerick owe him money", "Limerick won't release him", It makes no difference if he is going to be released.

Original statement from Limerick since November 9th here

(v)If the player rejects the offer and/or indicates that he wishes to leave the Participant Club, the
    freedom of the Club to negotiate a transfer fee for the player shall be accepted up to and
    including the 15th January. If, within this period, agreement on a transfer fee is reached and the
    player consents to the transfer, such a transfer will proceed in the normal manner.

As above, Followed by...

(ix) If, by the 15th January the player has not been transferred, then the Club must place a
    transfer/compensation figure on him within a period of fourteen (14) days. Failure to do so for
    any valid reason acceptable to the Committee shall not affect the Club’s right to compensation
    but the Committee may impose a fine of up to €1,500 on a Participant Club which, for no
    acceptable reason, fails to do so. When this point is reached, any party concerned has an
    immediate right to recourse to a Dispute Resolution Chamber, which shall determine the figure
    which is final and binding on all parties as provided for under Rule 9 herein.

So Tierney will be a free player from the 29th reading from this? I do stand to be corrected.

So basically I still stand to be corrected, I'll happily debate this, the forum isn't quite the appropriate place of course. Feel free to mail me. This is what I've personally been told. John Tierney is being released on the 13th of January. That he is or could be owed Money by a now forfeit L37. That's what I have personally heard. This is an internet forum. I believe I can freely within reason come on here and post as said. In fairness how would you like me to conceivably back up my points? Scan on transcripts of Payslips or Conversations had?? Lets be realistic. It's a junior club and a part time Senior club playing football.

And I wipe on my previous comments? Have you heard of relaying information as is received? Check the dates of the posts. Don't think I posted them on the same day. I had old information up to Sunday. Went up Sunday, new information. I post. As is stated in my user forum T&C's.

I can't see to be honest why your fighting this on here anyway. It's not a big issue at the end of the day. Coming on to throw FAI Rules and Mandates around the place is a bit mental to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Pm sent about above stuff blinx.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 05/01/2011 at 7:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Confirmed.....
    In:
    Derek McNamara (Unattached - Star Rvs)
    Ger Collopy (Unattached - Star Rvs)
    Geoffery Roche (Cals - Star Rvs)
    Alan O'Carroll (Balla "B" - Star Rvs)

Out:
    Mark Keane (Star Rvs - Carew Park)

In:
    James O'Regan (Unattached - Star Rvs)
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    In:
    James O'Regan (Unattached - Star Rvs)
    is that young james regan ex dine's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mulla View Post
    is that young james regan ex dine's
    Yeah thats the man, he last played Junior football a few season's back with Star but stopped due to work and triathlon comittments, but he's back training now and decided to sign with Star.
    68, 99, 08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yeah thats the man, he last played Junior football a few season's back with Star but stopped due to work and triathlon comittments, but he's back training now and decided to sign with Star.
    good player jim, fit as a fiddle can play him anywhere and he'll do a job

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast