Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Hogan Park

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Hogan Park

Anybody else see that Hill Celtic have gotten €300,000 (I think) to redevelop Hogan Park. Thoughts???
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Super Blues

Fair play to Hill Celtic if the did!Forget about Hogan Park!!!!
    returning to the Markets Field Limerick should be focusing on.The real home of Limerick Football.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It's going to cost millions to get back back to the markets field. The site itself could be worth anything up to €3million, then a small modern stadium capable of lasting the next 15 years would have to be built, which would probably cost between €5million and €10million. Don't think it would pass the A license as it stands, it'd look terrible anyway. At the moment the club hasn't a pot to **** in, so the markets field is nothing but a dream.

Hogan park is actually nicely placed now since the new roads were opened. Would have been a nice little stadium if developed from the county Limerick side, rather than that shi.thole entrance on the city side through the housing estate. It used to be depressing and embarrasing as a Limerick person walking into the ground. It certainly played up to Limericks rough media reputation anyway.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to agree that financially Hogan Park was a better bet. It will cost a hell of a lot more to do up the Market's Field.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Hogan park is actually nicely placed now since the new roads were opened. Would have been a nice little stadium if developed from the county Limerick side, rather than that shi.thole entrance on the city side through the housing estate. It used to be depressing and embarrasing as a Limerick person walking into the ground. It certainly played up to Limericks rough media reputation anyway.
    I think you're right there. Its just off the Cork Road, The Dublin Road will be linked straight onto it very soon and there's plenty of parking inside the gates. Also close enough to the bus/train station. Location is very handy IMO

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can anyone inform me who owns hogan park and whether the mystery consortium are hoping for limerick to play there.any how can any body enlighten me on how the takeover is going and whos involved cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    What about Thomond park? Would it not be absolutley sweet to put the team into a ready to go facility? I mean if we're looking at multi-millions to put the markets back in action (pipedream in any event -the doggie people have said they intend making a tidy profit from selling it to a developer) why not something in co-operation with the munster branch?
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"