Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket prices 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    so you'd buy a Rovers season ticket if it was cheaper? Ah, now i see...
    nah thats more likely to be your scenario next term you'll need somebody to support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I was thinking Shels where pricey alright. Average First Division season ticket prices must be about the €150 mark. Limerick where €120 before Christmas last year. Nice gap between Shels and the rest cost wise. Looks like teams are following suit with the reduction of match day prices too. Limerick where €12 in 2009, dropped to €10 last season and I would hope they'll stick to that.
    Is it the same this year?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Shelbourne
    Family €300
    Adult €200
    Student €100
    OAP/Juvenile €70

10% reduction if bought before December 20th.
    Last edited by Enruoblehs; 27/11/2010 at 2:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Does ANYONE think that €10 in, to stand on a mud back in Jackman Park, is good value?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Define value for money??

It's €22 to stand in no cover watching Munster reserves play a Bulmers League match.

Basing your view of your prices on a comparison with the worst ground in league football on the island mightn't be the soundest bit of logic either.

Don't get me wrong I couldn't give a Jacobs fig roll what ye charge, tis only two trips a year, I just thought it was a little saucy when you consider:

Waterford and Cork City FORAS CoOps season tickets are 50 quid cheaper than Shels for a superior facility. (no bar I grant you. Also I've never been in that newish stand behind the goals at Tolka so maybe it's AMAZING.)

Shamrock Rovers season tickets are a tenner dearer for a better facility and better standard.

Stand in Jackman is €12 aswell fwiw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D.24saint View Post
    nah thats more likely to be your scenario next term you'll need somebody to support!
    well let me know who you decide offers the best value for your money and ill take that into consideration if i need to.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    It's clear that we are charging for quality.
    Shels' attendances fell by 25% last season so that policy won't work in 2011 with fans having even less money

The smart clubs will be reducing prices now to avoid alienating hard pressed fans ahead of the financial hell coming down the line because €10 prices will be the norm in 2 years time
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Define value for money??

It's €22 to stand in no cover watching Munster reserves play a Bulmers League match.

Basing your view of your prices on a comparison with the worst ground in league football on the island mightn't be the soundest bit of logic either.

Don't get me wrong I couldn't give a Jacobs fig roll what ye charge, tis only two trips a year, I just thought it was a little saucy when you consider:

Waterford and Cork City FORAS CoOps season tickets are 50 quid cheaper than Shels for a superior facility. (no bar I grant you. Also I've never been in that newish stand behind the goals at Tolka so maybe it's AMAZING.)

Shamrock Rovers season tickets are a tenner dearer for a better facility and better standard.

Stand in Jackman is €12 aswell fwiw.
    Value for Money must contain the essential 3 E's, economy, efficiecy and effectiveness in the use of resourses. Never been to Jackman Park to say whether all three boxes can be ticked!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Shels' attendances fell by 25% last season
    Just to correct your figures - it was 19.03%

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    It's interesting to see the variations in prices, even slight, and am I alone in thinking that 15e is too much to pay in for a LOI match? I thought the same a few years ago when the GAA instructed county boards to up prices and this went for club games too. As someone (living then in Dundalk) who went to club and county matches, as well as rugby and Lilywhite games, I found it quite off putting, even my Uncle, who'd watch any match on in the area, reduced it to once or twice a week. Maybe 10e for seating and 5e for standing (half-price for OAPs, students and under-18's) is the way to go?

The mention by Lim til I die about Munster rugby is a good point. I'd been a few times to the old Thomond and in April was at the RDS to see Leinster win a good game with Edinburgh. Now, I think I paid 25e a ticket to sit behind one of the goals, and a couple of days later paid in to see Rovers play Sporting Fingal in Tallaght - which was better value for money? Well, no disrespect, but the Magners League won hands down. Atmosphere, action on the field, game day experience, quality of venue. I'd still go to LOI matches though I can't see prices or value of the day/night out matching up.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Pricing tickets is extremely difficult for clubs. Galway halved theirs (I think) this season from e20 to e10 in response to drastically falling crowds but it had little effect. Reducing ticket prices from 15 to 10 might bring in bigger crowds but it makes little difference to the regulars and to the travelling crowd so the net effect would probably be just to diddle yourself out of up to 1/3 of gate receipts. I think any club that reduces its ticket prices is going to have to budget for a big dip in revenue and we all know that Irish clubs are useless at budgeting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I see Sligo are doing an "unwaged" ticket. Do any other clubs give this concession.
    How is it implemented as Im sure its wide open to abuse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Pats do it too, but not sure of the details.

Agree with Charles above. its a tough balancing act trying to price tickets to encourage peopel to come without bringing the overall income down. I know people say that if you get an extra X amount of fans it'll be worth it, but that doesn't pay the bills now...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots9 View Post
    Shamrock Rovers season tickets are the same as 2010's prices if bought before 30th November.
    Usually you have this incentive because prices were going up with inflation year on year. does this mean if you wait till after Christmas you'll get them cheaper than last year

With the current disaster of a recession what's the justification or thought behind raising prices from last year after Christmas, for any club? I get that some clubs cant afford to drop their prices, e.g. I dont think we could afford to go lower than the 10euro a game, but raising them seems a bit much

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Rovers can afford to raise prices because the demand for tickets is big enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Rovers can afford to raise prices because the demand for tickets is big enough.
    Is it though? They don't sell out games, well not the majority anyway, so I don't see how demand is big enough to increase prices in a recession.

All that will happen I'd imagine is a certain percentage of people won't be able to afford a season ticket, and will pick and choose their games more.

I dont think it'l affect attendances hugely or anything, just people here and there but it just seems a bit cheeky. it would have been a nice touch to reward fans, a lot of whom are struggling I'd imagine by keeping prices the same.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Yeah, but at the same time it's a business and most fans don't mind a modest increase when the club is doing well. It's a balancing act.

What I meant by demand is that Rovers' season ticket sales have surpassed targets for the past two years so it's reasonable to assume that an increase in prices won't have the same drag on sales as it would at a club with a static season ticket base or a declining one. I'm sure it will keep some people away though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    It's more expensive for a Juvenile in the General Ground (€140) than in the General Stand (€85) or Allocated Stand (€95) ?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enruoblehs View Post
    It's more expensive for a Juvenile in the General Ground (€140) than in the General Stand (€85) or Allocated Stand (€95) ?????
    There is a mistake there!!!
    Reverse the prices for concession and juvenile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast