Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bad is Galways Bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Bloody FAI. I don't understand how they can justify paying Delaney €430,000 every year when nearly every club in the league is experiencing money issues. Do clubs not have to submit regular account info to them regularly? Why didn't anyone notice earlier about what was going on at Bohs/Derry and well, now Galway? A N Mouse, I think Galway should be asking Bohs fans for fundraising ideas, maybe a few whip arounds down the pub might solve things

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    A whole page and nobody's mentioned dvds yet?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Executive Meeting's.

A few season's ago when Tony Cousin's was manager Galway Utd had the best structure's in place probably of any club at the time.An executive meeting took place every Monday or every second Monday with different sub committee's operating well.Then gradually bit by bit those structure's collapsed and everything to do with the club started to go through one man.That man made some poor business decision's(20 euro for a match ticket and 5 euro EXTRA for a stand ticket) and slowly but surely the club started to bleed fan's and thus money.
    It has to be said the club didnt offer "dual contracts" or anything and did let players go when they were in danger of going over budget,unlike certain other club's.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    It has to be said the club [...] did let players go when they were in danger of going over budget
    When ye were in danger of going over budget? You mean a 900k hole was in your budget?!

It's hard to feel sorry for Galway in a way. What is it now - three seasons in a row they've had cash/budget problems midway through the season and had to let their best players go? Can no-one in this league ever learn a simple lesson, or are we doomed to see the same mistake repeated ad infinitum? It's just retarded.

Best of luck to the trust though. Are they basically looking to step up to the plate and take control of the club? (And apologies if that was in the original press release...)

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Stu, I'm not giving out to you or anybody else, but it has to be pointed out that the current situation is the fault of one person and one person only.

Ridiculous lies have been told for years. I can't really say anything else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    termonbarry?

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Stu, I'm not giving out to you or anybody else, but it has to be pointed out that the current situation is the fault of one person and one person only.

I'll accept that alright, which is why I'm saying best of luck to the Trust, who as far as I can see have been supporting the club but not centrally involved the past few years, and now look like they want to deal properly with things.

I suppose my frustration is that this has been building for years. Galway have been running up steady six-figure losses since "promotion" (despite some fans on here trying to tell us they have the lowest budget in the Premier). So again, I suppose, it comes down to the question of what the hell were the FAI Licencing department doing while all this was building up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'll accept that alright, which is why I'm saying best of luck to the Trust, who as far as I can see have been supporting the club but not centrally involved the past few years, and now look like they want to deal properly with things.

I suppose my frustration is that this has been building for years. Galway have been running up steady six-figure losses since "promotion" (despite some fans on here trying to tell us they have the lowest budget in the Premier). So again, I suppose, it comes down to the question of what the hell were the FAI Licencing department doing while all this was building up?
    making sure all clubs where compliing with all other rules other than financial
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    I suppose my frustration is that this has been building for years. Galway have been running up steady six-figure losses since "promotion" (despite some fans on here trying to tell us they have the lowest budget in the Premier).
    The people saying that we had the lowest budget (or near enough) were not incorrect. Crazy money (relative to what we can afford) was spent on players in the past, but this was not the case in the last couple of years, in my opinion.

So again, I suppose, it comes down to the question of what the hell were the FAI Licencing department doing while all this was building up?
    I'm usually one of the first people to bash the FAI over licensing, but it would be ridiculous to lay the blame solely at their door in this case. Again, I'll have to leave it at that.
    Last edited by gufcfan; 23/11/2010 at 9:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    I'm not blaming the FAI solely. There's a few people to blame. The FAI are one of them. The Galway board are also to blame.

I'd be surprised if your budget was lower than our or Bray's for starters to be honest. Ye've bigger crowds, an active trust and a big loss (i.e. spending more money than ye're earning, so increasing the budget further) for starters. I'll be open to correction on it obviously, but I don't believe it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    I'm not blaming the FAI solely. There's a few people to blame. The FAI are one of them. The Galway board are also to blame.

I'd be surprised if your budget was lower than our or Bray's for starters to be honest. Ye've bigger crowds, an active trust and a big loss (i.e. spending more money than ye're earning, so increasing the budget further) for starters. I'll be open to correction on it obviously, but I don't believe it.
    When I say budget, I'm referring to the playing budget. At the start of the season, our budget would have been more than Bray's, but the second half of the season we almost certainly had a lower budget than Bray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    When I say budget, I'm referring to the playing budget. At the start of the season, our budget would have been more than Bray's, but the second half of the season we almost certainly had a lower budget than Bray.
    That's only because you now owe the players 70k....promises, promises, some players are so naive.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I'm not blaming the FAI solely. There's a few people to blame. The FAI are one of them. T I'll be open to correction on it obviously, but I don't believe it.
    You have hit the nail on the head, The budgeting was thrown out the window and a free for all ensued, well before the end of the season GUST stepped in to keep buses, and suppliers paid just to make sure the club fulfilled its fixture list.

All we want to do now is move on put in a simple book keeping system, purchasing system and GUST have offered a Club secretary, Treasurer and PRO to get things back on track, get licence ready and take our place at the starting line.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    That's only because you now owe the players 70k....promises, promises, some players are so naive.
    Wages due to players isn't even in 5 figures.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    Before you start throwing barbs, at least get your facts right. Have you not a wall somewhere that needs rebuilding?
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Before you start throwing barbs, at least get your facts right. Have you not a wall somewhere that needs rebuilding?
    Which raised the central insurance premium for all clubs...

Let the **** slinging commence!

(anything to distract people from the issue at hand)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Maybe Galway & Bohs should follow the example of the government and seek foreign assistance !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by historynut View Post
    Maybe Galway & Bohs should follow the example of the government and seek foreign assistance !
    No thank you. Our CEO has given us enough foreign assistance to last us a lifetime.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts

Wait. You're blaming 900k of debt on one man? Was there no one else there? No one else involved in the club that saw what was going on?
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horton View Post
    Bloody FAI. I don't understand how they can justify paying Delaney €430,000 every year when nearly every club in the league is experiencing money issues. Do clubs not have to submit regular account info to them regularly? Why didn't anyone notice earlier about what was going on at Bohs/Derry and well, now Galway? A N Mouse, I think Galway should be asking Bohs fans for fundraising ideas, maybe a few whip arounds down the pub might solve things
    It has nothing got to do with the FAI or how much they're paying Delaney. Moreover, Delaney isn't the one that that checks the accounts is it? No.
    It is only Galway's fault and theirs alone.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast