Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Fifa Reject Cameroons appeal

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fifa Reject Cameroons appeal

IMO after this we WON'T be seeing Cameroon at the next world cup. Shame really. See HERE.

Might result in a new country like Ivory Coast appearing at the World Cup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That is the most stupidest thing I've ever read in my life. How on heaven's Earth can either a sleeveless jersey or a one piece suit be banned?? What difference does it make? At times like that, I often wonder what goes through people's minds when they are thinking of creating rules. I know I shouldn't but that sort of stuff really winds me up
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Serves them right. FIFA told them the kit was illegal & they still wore it. FIFA definitely putting a marker out to anyone else wants to take them on.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Serves them right. FIFA told them the kit was illegal & they still wore it. FIFA definitely putting a marker out to anyone else wants to take them on.
    YEah but mabye Cameroon were making a point against stupid pointless rules!
    I agree with Drogman completly-who would care!
    IT's not sharpended studs, bare feet or obscenities on the jeresey for crying out loud it's a one piece kit!
    No different to the breathable boots and things players are using-it's just some ancient rule that has been dragged up to screw some poor nation out of their hard earned points. Sounds dramatic but the people of Cameroon deserve to see their team in the World Cup and those fools at FIFA just mess it up!
    Good luck to Cameroon!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cameroon deserve to be punished, no question. They were told by FIFA well in advance that their kit was not conforming to the laws of the game. THey choose to wear it anyway.
    But, I don't think the punishment fits the crime. I just can't imagine powrful countries like England, France or Germany receiving a similar punishment if the same situation arose in Europe. I think a fine would be appropriate.

Sheridan
    Serves 'em right. Thought they were very clever, continuing to wear a banned kit in the knowledge that Puma would pick up the tab if any fine materialised. A points deduction was the only appropriate response in the circumstances. Finally, confirmation that money can't buy everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hang on a minute! This is not a question about whether they should be fined or not, it's why on earth is there such a rule? What harm would wearing a body kit or sleeveless jersey make when kicking a football? The reason, FIFA are an organization of old codgers who don't like to see change. What a crazy world we live in!!!
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Fair enough, Cameroon knew it was banned and wore it so knew what they were getting into.

About a fortnight before this broke, Sepp 'the idiot' Blatter was all over the international press telling the world that a good way for Women's football to attract more interest would be to wear tighter, more revealing kits, he was essentially telling them to wear kit that did not conform to FIFA guidelines, and two weeks later he's enforcing this rule .

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    About a fortnight before this broke, Sepp 'the idiot' Blatter was all over the international press telling the world that a good way for Women's football to attract more interest would be to wear tighter, more revealing kits, he was essentially telling them to wear kit that did not conform to FIFA guidelines, and two weeks later he's enforcing this rule .
    What a horny ba$tard

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up FIFA Lift Punishment

FIFA have reinstated Cameroons points. I'm over the moon with Cameroon

See HERE

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Finallyy! some sense it the situation
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great news! But is this the end of all there daycent kits?