Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FAI to sign deal with Endemol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Why should one club get an advantage of playing in this tournament? All clubs can have their own competitions in their own ground if they want.

On the Limerick issue... It's a bit of financial doping in a way if Limerick got to host a game like that in a stadium that aint there's. I'm not all against it though. I want to see Limerick do well and definitely would've gone to the game.
    Derry hosted Barca once in their own ground. At least now there is clarity on the capacity issue. No club actually has a ground with that capacity so it's not a problem at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Not to labour the point, but it stands to reason that the more embarressing results for Irish teams that have happened since Zimbru, the less embarressing our result becomes.

Now if you wanna discuss which result was worse, PM me as this is way off topic now
    Dodge, as I said couple of posts back have no interest in any LOI teams "bad" results (pretty much all have them) so wont be taking you up on PM option (Yea, i thought you would be disappointed ).

Still think a LOI select a better option than champions for 4 team competition (although play off match as suggested earlier would settle the argument). also alows players put themselves in the "shop window" for possible transfers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Why should one club get an advantage of playing in this tournament? All clubs can have their own competitions in their own ground if they want.
    If you’re talking about Rovers, then they’d have won the league and deserved this bonus (and again I’d have no problem with this)

On the Limerick issue... It's a bit of financial doping in a way if Limerick got to host a game like that in a stadium that aint there's.
    Are you for real? Limerick would have to taken on the fees associated with bringing the team over, rent of the ground, and all the other costs associated with hosting a high profile game (security, marketing, etc etc). If they had the balls to take on that risk, they absolutely deserved to reap the benefits of it

You might as well accuse any club who reaches out to a sponsor of “financial doping” as they don’t share the spoils with the rest of the league
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Dodge, as I said couple of posts back have no interest in any LOI teams "bad" results
    You clearly do, as why else bring up 11 year old results that aren't related to the topic at hand?
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Could Limerick have gone ahead with the Barcelona game and just issue 14,999 tickets? They still could have made a healthy profit if they were able to sell all the corporate tickets.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Could Limerick have gone ahead with the Barcelona game and just issue 14,999 tickets? They still could have made a healthy profit if they were able to sell all the corporate tickets.
    It's hard to know without knowing all the costs.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the Endemol clause applies to the actual capacity of the stadium, rather than the number of tickets allowed to be sold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    First up the barcelona game was too go ahead in Thomond park and legendgz please note that this would be our preferred ground in the event of one of the two big european clubs commming to play in ireland. Limerick is lucky that it is the only club with such a facility at its disposal outside of dublin hence the FAI having such a bee in their bonnet about it. Ticket prices for the Barcelona game were set and it would have been a 26,000 sell out. Smaller croweds would mean higher prices so no 14,999 would not have worked in this economic climate. If as it is stated in todays paper that Inter will play two games possibley in Limericks Thomond park or corks turners cross. Well clearly FAI the game cannot go ahead in liimerick as Thomond park is over the 15,000 limit Of course if the fai ran the game then the 15000 rule would be exposed for what it is,,,,wankk!
    i wouldnt be looking at the endamol link at all its the other lot ICONIC id be worried about. Run by a clare man, this agent is the rival for Platnum one and is the reason the FAI AGM is on in clare next year. He will now sponsor the centers of excellance as local councils pull back due to lack of funds and will prob become an agent for the players in whoring them to cross channel clubs.
    Last edited by gael353; 16/11/2010 at 3:43 PM.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Gael, I'm pretty sure the clause would allow friendlies of over 15000 where Endemol are involved, just not their competitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    more then likely ossy, but its to clear the debts of the most expensive small stadium in the world that these games are on for. inter wouldnt draw 5,000 to a game so guess it will go ahead iin jackman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Gael, I'm pretty sure the clause would allow friendlies of over 15000 where Endemol are involved, just not their competitors.
    Thats exactly it.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    You clearly do, as why else bring up 11 year old results that aren't related to the topic at hand?
    PM me and i will let you know. let thread carry on as title.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    only a money spinner 4 the fai so they can get the barstoolers in again its very dissapointing after the great success on sunday , tickets are more than likely going 2 be hugley over priced and most loi fans will stay away just like they did for the barstoolers vs airtricity league 11 game.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    What will make this tourney any different from the one that failed in the mid/late 90's? As much as I enjoyed watching Ryan Coyle destroy Celtic under Wim Jansen, the whole thing wasn't much of a success. Inter are very high profile, fair enough, but I hope there's a coherent plan on how to make it a moneyspinner for the association, raise the profile of Irish soccer and bring punters through the gates and keep them. At least kudos to the FAI for seemingly securing plenty of dosh for it.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    And the money will, no doubt, go to the stadium and the international set-up rather than the LoI

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There's a lot more money in TV today than there was even a decade ago which I assume is the prime rationale, plus the obvious need to get as many games in at the Aviva to cover the building costs. There are loads of these tournaments going on every July so there's obviously money there to be made - the question as you said is whether the FAI's got a good enough plan to take advantage in a competitive market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    What will make this tourney any different from the one that failed in the mid/late 90's?
    How were they falures? Great crowds at all of them and TV revenue.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    How were they falures? Great crowds at all of them and TV revenue.
    Didn't think they captured much imagination at the time. Crowds did seem decent and I know they were on SKY, but wasn't it a long-term plan that got dropped?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    2 year deal signed with some company afaik.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steo View Post
    On day 25 in the LOI House, George O'Callaghan is moving into his 25th different bedroom so far.
    hed keep moving in and out of one room with diminishing satisfaction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Decent deal for the FAI, however it doesnt exactly align itself well with the domestic season. Also after the debacle that was the MU V Airtricity match, I would prefer if they put Shamrock Rovers in the tournament as league champions rather than a hastily thrown together select.
    I'd fully agree here. Maybe go with it the first year but if they, the FAI manage to mess it up and result in the LOI being misrepresented then that should be the nail in the coffin for any more of these type of games.

It could be a great platform for a LOI side to show what they're worth but as it was said, another game like the ManU game and i'd definitely not be in favour of it any more. There shouldn't be an excuse now either. They saw what can happen and the have loads of time to prevent it happening again.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast