Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Contracts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Contracts

Just wondering who is under contract for next year?

I'm sure that the vultures will be hovering for our best young players - although its hard to know how much spending power most of the other clubs will have this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    Just wondering who is under contract for next year?

I'm sure that the vultures will be hovering for our best young players - although its hard to know how much spending power most of the other clubs will have this year.
    I'm pretty sure new contracts would have depended on Monday's result, i would like to think that a decent amount of the squad will re sign for next season.

Although the Star yesterday said that Millwall were after Jake Kelly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Jake is out of contract is he not? Do we get anything in the way of compensation if they do sign him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    Jake is out of contract is he not? Do we get anything in the way of compensation if they do sign him?
    Let me tell you something, do you honestly think that any player would leave Bray after a finish to the season like we just had, the answer is NO! -- regarding players going on to better themselves there is no football person alive better than Pat Devlin to make sure we receive financial reward for any player moving to another club whether he is contracted or not, rest assured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I would have to say i think players would leave if a bigger Irish club came in and offered to double or treble their wages. Going to the UK is a whole different story though, we can't compete with that. We would 100% receive come form of compensation if Millwall signed Jake, as would Joeys. It's some sort of development fee.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    Let me tell you something, do you honestly think that any player would leave Bray after a finish to the season like we just had, the answer is NO!
    The finish to your season means nothing to most footballers. They'll move for money and/or the chance to win things (and thats not confined to Bray either, even the top clubs in the world lose players like this).

Most LOI footballers would move for an extra €100 a week
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    The finish to your season means nothing to most footballers. They'll move for money and/or the chance to win things (and thats not confined to Bray either, even the top clubs in the world lose players like this).

Dodge I might have agreed with you if it were 2/3 years ago when there was money in the league, and may be it will prove to be a good thing the monies are not there anymore and a bit of loyalty might come back in to the game, a lot of the Bray squad were taken from the LSL this year, yes we have Danny O Connor, Matt Gregg and Gary Dempsey but again they are playing for a lot less than before and thats down to the manager, in Gary's case he just wanted games and put himself in the shop window, If you look at the clubs in Div 1 and Bohs this year I don't think clubs have a €100 more to attract players, there was a time when a player would play for the jersey and IMO I see that coming back to Bray, hope I am not proved wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    And for the amount of money they get paid, I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Different story if they were moving for an increase from 45,000 to 55,000, but an extra €100 a week makes a big difference to someone who's only being paid a low three figure weekly wage to begin with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I'm not sure sure of that lads. Just for example, if Bray were paying player A €150 a week and St. Pats came in and offered him €250 or €300 a week i would be pretty sure most players would take the pay rise, the chance to play at a bigger club and more of a chance of winning silverware. That's not to say there are not some players that would turn it down but i think the majority of players would take the extra few quid and fair play to them if they can get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I'd imagine 95% would make that move (and likewise 95% of Pats players would move to, say, Rovers for an extra 100 a week etc)

The key to following LOI football for me is support the clubs and not get too attached to players. I'll always respect those who try for Pats, and if they move on, so be it.

BTW JAke Kelly is unsurprisingly being linked with a move to the rest of the premier teams. Can't beat rumours
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Bohs will need to rebuild their squad for next season considering all of the players they'll lose. I reckon they'll look into taking a few of our players.
    If we hang onto the majority of the squad and add a couple more then we could push on and up next season.
    Last edited by Stevo Da Gull; 10/11/2010 at 3:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i was talking to a current LOI footballer on this subjest and he told me nearly every club at the moment is signing players on 1 year contracts which makes transfers fees null and void, bray will probably re-sign alot of the current squad but i know clubs like galway currently have no players on their books

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    The majority of players are signed on 1 year contracts with part time clubs, that's nearly always been the way. I've heard Shane O'Neill signed a 2 year deal with us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    I've heard Shane O'Neill signed a 2 year deal with us
    Good move by the club. I presume Devo is agent for some if not all of our current players. Can anyone on here confirm this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Boy View Post
    Good move by the club. I presume Devo is agent for some if not all of our current players. Can anyone on here confirm this?
    I would actually doubt most of our players have agents or advisers but if a big move was in the making they might ask for help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    I would have to say i think players would leave if a bigger Irish club came in and offered to double or treble their wages. Going to the UK is a whole different story though, we can't compete with that. We would 100% receive come form of compensation if Millwall signed Jake, as would Joeys. It's some sort of development fee.
    Roo what bigger LOI clubs are in a position to double or treble wages...Bohs,Shels,Drogheda,Cork,Derry,UCD these are all Part Time set-ups now, the rest will struggle to remain full-time apart from the 2 Rovers.....fans would want to wake up and smell the coffee the finances are just not in the clubs...€100 might not seem a lot,but multiply it by 36 weeks and x amount of players...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    well lets look at the end of last season 2 players went to sligo and 3 ( i think) went to pats, 1 to bohs and a few went down to the 1st.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul View Post
    well lets look at the end of last season 2 players went to sligo and 3 ( i think) went to pats, 1 to bohs and a few went down to the 1st.
    Last season we were suppose to be in Div 1, also there is the matter of a Manager (remember Mr Gormley) whom none of the players you have mentioned above would have stayed regardless of money, you can not compare 2009 with 2010. I would be very surprised if we don't hold most of our team for 2011 ( Gary Dempsey we probably could not afford to keep) and the best of luck to him because he made a huge impact when he signed for us. If Jake gets a move across the water that would be brilliant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Last season we were suppose to be in Div 1, also there is the matter of a Manager (remember Mr Gormley) whom none of the players you have mentioned above would have stayed regardless of money, you can not compare 2009 with 2010. I would be very surprised if we don't hold most of our team for 2011 ( Gary Dempsey we probably could not afford to keep) and the best of luck to him because he made a huge impact when he signed for us. If Jake gets a move across the water that would be brilliant.
    Jeez, wouldn't it be lovely if we could afford to keep players on multi-year contracts and bring in transfer fees for them. If Jake was playing for a UK third or fourth tier club, which are realistically the level Bray are at, he would be worth at least a couple of hundred thousand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Roo what bigger LOI clubs are in a position to double or treble wages...Bohs,Shels,Drogheda,Cork,Derry,UCD these are all Part Time set-ups now, the rest will struggle to remain full-time apart from the 2 Rovers.....fans would want to wake up and smell the coffee the finances are just not in the clubs...€100 might not seem a lot,but multiply it by 36 weeks and x amount of players...
    Yes they are part time clubs but can still offer a better basic than we can, well i know the likes of Dundalk, Sligo, Pats, Rovers and Derry could offer better wages than us, Bohs and Fingal with the trouble they are in will probably be able to offer more than us too. Not every player is on the same wages and if a manager wants a player in he works that into his budget so your point of saying an extra €100 per week x 36 weeks x 20 or so players is not valid.