Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh

JUST BACK FROM THE GAME, wow
    delighted for chris shields. we didn't play that well but who cares WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE woooooooooooooooooooo

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    That two hours in the Carlisle has taken at least 4 years off my life. Totally worth it! SEEEEAGUUUUUULLLLLLLLS!!!!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    jesus ,, what can i say,, great match great peno's, they kept fighting even with a minute left, after scoring an og shields is up there again putting the header across for jakes goal he was every where and then to have the bottle to take the last peno... fantastic for everybody at the club and the town, great turn out from the supporters to cheer on the team,, hard luck to monaghan that will a long journey home, now we have to build another new wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Congrats. This time build a wall with foundations and not glue holding it together.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Congrats. This time build a wall with foundations and not glue holding it together.
    You wont have to worry about the wall again magicme cause you wont be seeing the PL for a long time .

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I fell desperately sorry for Monaghan Fans, getting soaked for 3 hours and the emotions you must have went through to come away with nothing. You probably should never have been in a play off situation with 4 games to go but sure that's football.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superjohnny View Post
    You wont have to worry about the wall again magicme cause you wont be seeing the PL for a long time .
    How about a little respect. God knows we've been there enough over the years. I for one hope the FAI get over this 10 team nonsense and we see well run clubs like Monaghan there on merit. I Apologise if you meant it in as a bit of banter, but those Monaghan wounds must still be very raw.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i was over the monaghan side of the ground. the wall did seem to fall fairly quick, gave bray time to regroup and to any of the monaghan fans i hit with my umbrella as i swung it around my head when jake scored i can only apologise

13. Thanks From:

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The FAI and Bray Wanderers will today assess the situation that led to a wall collapsing at the Carlisle Grounds for the second time in two seasons, writes Ruaidhri O'Connor.
    The incident happened as Monaghan United fans celebrated their 119th-minute goal in last night's dramatic Airtricity League promotion/relegation play-off against Bray Wanderers.
    As Don Tierney raced to the visiting support, the surge forward led to 20 metres of the approximately four-foot wall to fall forward and the crowd to spill on to the pitch. No one appeared to be injured, but the match was delayed for five minutes before Bray came back and won the game on penalties.
    A different part of the same wall succumbed to pressure during Bray's defeat to Shamrock Rovers in July 2009. At that time the match was delayed for 30 minutes after the Hoops fans celebrating Gary Twigg's goal caused similar damage.
    Airtricity League director Fran Gavin was on hand to inspect the damage after the match, but said he would not comment until assessing the incident in full.
    The club were also waiting until the morning to review the unfortunate occurrence before commenting, as they celebrated their unlikely Premier Division survival.
    The incident once again raises serious concerns about health and safety at the Bray venue, where Bohemians fans held up the last game of last season by tearing up seats from the same stand and throwing them on to the pitch.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    The incident once again raises serious concerns about health and safety at the Bray venue, where Bohemians fans held up the last game of last season by tearing up seats from the same stand and throwing them on to the pitch.
    Weird, its as if only the seats at the Carlisle can be ripped off.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wink

The wall would not fall if supporters didn't surge forward and en mass and force it down,I know it should not happen but supporters have to take some of the blame,when Bray scored no walls fell and that goal was just as dramatic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notever View Post
    The wall would not fall if supporters didn't surge forward and en mass and force it down,I know it should not happen but supporters have to take some of the blame,when Bray scored no walls fell and that goal was just as dramatic.
    i'm sorry but what a load of rubbish, they have just scored a goal that was going to send them up, the entire team come flying over to celebrate and they are supposed to be calm. all the monaghan fans were in one section so i dont think they can be blamed at all. their needs to be more stewarding as when they scored there was one steward there to try and stop what was going on and i may have these wrong but he looked like he was blowing some sort of whistle

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    It is a real shame the wall came down because i feel some people will use that as an excuse as to why Bray won. Firstly, the wall needs to come down completely, that's twice in 2 seasons now a surge of fans have brought it down, thank god no one was hurt. I thought Colm Foley made a great point no MNS about it last night saying it should have really worked in their favour as it gave Monaghan time to settle down and organise themselves, to make sure everyone knew what they were doing etc.

The game itself had everything and although we should have been out of the game on Friday night we really should have won in 90 minutes last night, Gabby Sava was absolutely superb for Monaghan in nets, he is defo a keeper that we should have held onto, he pulled off 4 top class saves, we came close on another 3 or 4 occasions but hats off to Monaghan, they dug very deep and battled hard.

The 2 goals were extremely lucky and its anyone's game in penos, I'm just glad it was ours. Best of luck next season to Monaghan and their fans, great bunch of people.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Congratulations to Pat,Keith and the squad, hard luck to Dom,Gabby and Monaghan hope you get promoted next season,I thought Chris shields was immense covered every blade of grass and was fitting he scored the final penalty, personally I am delighted for Daire, Dane, Jake, Kaner,Webby,Chris & Mulroy it was their second relegation play-off in a row and they deserved to come out on top, great pro's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    chris has just been on radio 1 with a quite surreal interview with derek mooney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul View Post
    chris has just been on radio 1 with a quite surreal interview with derek mooney
    Are you serious? Brilliant what did he say?

Absolutley unreal night, Was certain we were done for, went jake scored the place going nuts was quality, something i'll remeber for a long time!
    \o/ |o| \o/ |o| \o/.....easy, easy, easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    they talked about the whole night and chris was quite funny and said that moments before the sudden death peno's mitchell was supposed to go before chris but he could see that adam didn't really want to take one so he said he'd go first, then spoke about the whole team going to the martello to watch mns. here's the strange bit, mooney said i hear you are a big soap fan and played some clip from coronation street on the radio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain2007 View Post
    I thought Chris shields was immense covered every blade of grass and was fitting he scored the final penalty
    Delighted that Shields put away the winning peno, I think he's been outstanding all season, game in game out. When we were under the cosh earlier in the season, Chris never gave less than 100%. Hopefully now they can keep the squad together and go on to better things next season.
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingseagul View Post
    they talked about the whole night and chris was quite funny and said that moments before the sudden death peno's mitchell was supposed to go before chris but he could see that adam didn't really want to take one so he said he'd go first, then spoke about the whole team going to the martello to watch mns. here's the strange bit, mooney said i hear you are a big soap fan and played some clip from coronation street on the radio.
    It's on the RTE player http://www.rte.ie/radio/liveplayer2_....smil,real,200
    Click on Mooney, Chris is on from 01:20:10
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Delighted that Shields put away the winning peno, I think he's been outstanding all season, game in game out. When we were under the cosh earlier in the season, Chris never gave less than 100%. Hopefully now they can keep the squad together and go on to better things next season.

Tall Scholes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast