Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tonights Latest-Tuesday 2nd Nov

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    enjoyed the header myself and spotted the kildare county top

Monaghan where by far the better team on the night creating much more going forward. I thought that number 9 for mon showed some very good touches on a tricky night. For waterford paul murphy and the number 30 where good. Mon free for third goal was a little soft but still a great free. As for willie john on the edge of the box he delay time was a bit slow if had of gone down quicker would have gotten the free.

The ref performance was one of the better ones I have seen this yr (does not say a lot I know) the linesman on the old stand side had a few dubious decisions alright but still a good performance by officials.
    I also saw the Youths top at the end

I was impressed by 9 a bit but thought he was a bit afraid to have a go and tried to do a bit much when in the box where on the other hand Philly just shot when he got a few yards which got the corner for Lynches goal.

Yeah that linesman was a bit dodgy all right, a few goal kicks when it should've been corners and such

Curious as to who people think was offside for the second goal, cos I reckon Barry was onside, not sure about philly though

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Congrats to Mons, sounds like they deserved it on the night and, for me, deserved it over the season.
    Don't ya love this kind of logic...Mons finished 4 pts off 2nd place and deserve it over the season while Waterford finished only 3 points off Derry and inflicted 2 defeats on them...don't think they deserve to be Champions over the season...Fact is Monaghan deserve it on one play-off match last night. Wouldn't fancy the team who finished 7 points off top spot in First Division to beat Premier team over 2 games tho!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    my first reaction was barry was offside but was to far away to be sure thought philly was on but again could not be sure, felt the free that sean got was a bit soft, but the outcome was deserved ,far and away the better team on the night and no hoofball eh frosty.
    spotted a couple of kildare county jackets cheering on the mons much appreciated.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermoy Blue View Post
    Don't ya love this kind of logic...Mons finished 4 pts off 2nd place and deserve it over the season while Waterford finished only 3 points off Derry and inflicted 2 defeats on them...don't think they deserve to be Champions over the season...Fact is Monaghan deserve it on one play-off match last night. Wouldn't fancy the team who finished 7 points off top spot in First Division to beat Premier team over 2 games tho!
    Sorry but for eight weeks towards the end of the season I wasn't fervently praying for Waterford to slip up over all others and then hoping Derry could overhaul them at the top the league...

Mons were the most consistent, and dangerous, challenges Derry faced for the title. Waterford struggled for consistency right up until it was too late and then managed to lose form again just in time for the play-offs. Unlucky and all that but nothing wrong with the logic.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts

Mons were the most consistent
    Given that Waterford finished above Monaghan in a competition with a structure designed to reward consistency, I don't know how you can say that.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Given that Waterford finished above Monaghan in a competition with a structure designed to reward consistency, I don't know how you can say that.
    Didn't say that. I said this:

Mons were the most consistent, and dangerous, challenges Derry faced for the title.
    The wonders of selective quoting....

Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I...know how you can say that.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    I think what cost Waterford promotion was the slump they had when O'Callaghan was playing. So in fact, they were very consistent outside of that one slump.

And on that topic, I was over on the Brighton forum earlier reading up on Gary Dicker and saw this great comment:

Dicker is the player George O'Callaghan ought to be, if he wasn't a ****nut.
    Love it!

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Cant help but feel that Bray shot themselves in the foot. They put in a huge effort against us, so much that 2 of their players got cramp. Admirable but not very smart.
    I can think of many words more critical than admirable...

Probably will drop into the Carlisle grounds next Monday. Pleased for Galway after their services to the league this season.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    But having seen that happen I could scarcely believe Derek O'Brien's stupidity in repeating the same thing and getting himself sent off.
    I and I'm sure the other 1430 people present weren't...
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Magicme, Im driving a car load of town fans over on Friday for the match, if you want us to cheer ye on, then we are expected a free mon dog each! Looking forward to this game now!

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post

Why? Because they didn't bow down and let ye win comfortably? I really don't understand this logic. Reeks of a very "big club" mentality.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    I also saw the Youths top at the end

I was impressed by 9 a bit but thought he was a bit afraid to have a go and tried to do a bit much when in the box where on the other hand Philly just shot when he got a few yards which got the corner for Lynches goal.

Yeah that linesman was a bit dodgy all right, a few goal kicks when it should've been corners and such

Curious as to who people think was offside for the second goal, cos I reckon Barry was onside, not sure about philly though
    We'll see if Barry was on or offside when we see the video.
    When will you have it ready Christo? Hope the musics good!!
    Kildare County RIP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I thought Bray were really tepid, didn't seem to be a hell of a lot of urgency about them, even towards the end.

Danny O'Connor had a feckin shocker in the middle.

Would still fancy them to beat Mons though, there's a few of them with quite a bit about them.

Also was that Galway left full a youngfella?? He had a real "Kick it as hard as you can, ask questions later" attitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I thought Bray were really tepid, didn't seem to be a hell of a lot of urgency about them, even towards the end.

Danny O'Connor had a feckin shocker in the middle.

Would still fancy them to beat Mons though, there's a few of them with quite a bit about them.

Also was that Galway left full a youngfella?? He had a real "Kick it as hard as you can, ask questions later" attitude.
    Good on ya for going to the game. I saw fans from sligo rovers, shamrock rovers, bray (obviously ) and st pats.

The left back is a local lad called stephen walsh. he is only 20 yo.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Didn't say that. I said this:

The wonders of selective quoting....
    Fair enough, wasn't trying to misrepresent you, we just have different opinions of how we view a consistent challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post

Probably will drop into the Carlisle grounds next Monday. Pleased for Galway after their services to the league this season.
    Make sure you come over and say hello, been ages since saw ya last!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    I hope for the sake of his carbon footprint that the referee travelled home on the Monaghan team bus on Tuesday. Will he get a free pint or two in his local? Only in Ireland!

I know Mons wouldn't have wanted him refereeing. It's not their fault, it's the FAI and Referees Department. Absolutely crazy. The club appealed as soon as they heard he was reffing, but it was rejected. Why throw this into the mix when there were loads of other refs available on the night? Imagine anyone from abroad looking at the fixture - Waterford United v Monaghan United, Referee: P.McLaughlin (Monaghan). It just wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else. Yet again the league is a joke. Why an inexperienced ref for such an important game either?

I'd love to be a bit more gracious to Monaghan. I was one of the fans applauding your team off and it's nice to see ye doing well. We were crap on the night as we always are against Mons (ye must think we're atrocious based on our displays against ye), but it was difficult to build momentum. It's not as if there was a red card or Mons were given a penalty - it was just a series of smaller things. Just when we'd seem to be applying pressure by winning a corner, they'd signal a goalkick. WJK's legs were taken at 2-1, but I'd say it was just outside the box. Still, ref waves play on. I had a great view of the second goal and Clancy WAS offside. I think we all agree the third was never a free, but those happen all the time. In fairness to Philly, I knew he'd score both. Once the cross went in, I said "He's got it" and I said he'd score the free too. It didn't ever look like it'd be our night with even some of our best players making mistakes and ,well, it was a play-off and we don't do play-offs!

It's much of a muchness to me who's promoted - I'd miss my Mon Dogs, but they used to do great chicken soup in Bray and they're two of my least hated clubs so best of luck to both. Now where's that map to Drom again?

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    one has to wonder what the mindset is of the person who appointed him is and while i dont think he had a bad game overall I think it is unfair on both clubs as well as the ref himself. there must have been other options.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Exactly. You really do have to wonder about someone who appoints a ref for a game without thinking "Hang on a minute, doesn't he live in the same place as one of the teams?" Then again, who is it that decides that Alan Kelly is the top ref in the Premier Division and Graham Kelly is the top ref in the First? Would it be their father by any chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Alan Kelly is clearly the best ref in the premier. No question at all.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

25. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast